UnderGround Forums Kevin Lee is a PROBLEM

4/22/18 10:59 AM
1/1/01
antics aside the guys young and very physical and has hands + wrestling. Still a bit green in terms of defensive fight IQ so i can see the elite submission guys still catching him but if he keeps his head on straight and remains injury free he's in a force in the division for the foreseeable future 2 only 25 yes he is a problem for many.
4/22/18 11:19 AM
3/2/12

I do agree... I can't stand his personality but give credit where credit is due, he is a phenomenal MMA grappler with a great knack for transitioning between finding submissions and inflicting damaging GNP while maintaining control and (generally) avoiding submissions.

I don't think he has the greatest chin though, couple that with his somewhat elementary fight IQ and I can see him getting caught. Hell, if Barboza hit him with that wheel kick in the first instead of third (after taking a ton of damage), I think he finishes Lee rather cleanly...

4/22/18 11:47 AM
4/19/17

He is a problem.... As a human

4/22/18 12:02 PM
1/23/06
deceptive kickboxer too, his headkick is nice with either leg. Dewey Cooper deserves credit for helping mold a wrestler into such a strong striker.
4/22/18 12:04 PM
6/26/06
He was impressive and almost Khabib-like last night.
4/22/18 12:05 PM
4/9/16

He also provided us with one of the all time great stanky legs last night too. Shouldn’t be overlooked. 

4/22/18 12:15 PM
2/6/15
RenatoCocopreta - He was impressive and almost Khabib-like last night.

Seemed like a Khabib who can hit harder to me.

4/22/18 12:18 PM
5/17/13
WhereIsGoranReljic -

With better striking 

4/22/18 12:21 PM
2/6/15
GaspareBJJ -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

With better striking 

Yea, much more comfortable on the feet , but damn that GnP last night made me think Lee is the future LW champ.

4/22/18 12:28 PM
1/1/01
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

He also provided us with one of the all time great stanky legs last night too. Shouldn’t be overlooked. 

thats cold man lol .. but yes he did almost break an ankle getting his footing back impressive recovery..

he's got the skills and some people dont like the brash talk but hey in today day and age it seems to but what working to get $$$ so long as you can back it up in the cage.

Tony Ferguson still gives him issues due to the mobility on the mat but i honestly thing he takes khabib if he can stop a few shots been saying it for a while but after last night for sure.

on the other side barbosa who is as skilled and gentlemanly as they come probably took that fight a bit too soon. Khabib landed a lot of shots nothing super damaging as he isnt the hardest hitter but at the same time im starting to wonder whats worse

1- quick 1-2 round ko
2- sustained gnp over the course of the 3-5 rounds

ive not seen anyone except RDA who had the jits to avoid getting lumped on the mat come back even close to the same post khabbib fight
4/22/18 12:34 PM
11/3/06

Yeah I can't stand him but man he was impressive last night. He was doing good in the stand-up too against an elite striker. Definitely a force...as much as it pains me to admit.

4/22/18 12:35 PM
4/9/16
Claude Patrick -
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

thats cold man lol .. but yes he did almost break an ankle getting his footing back impressive recovery..

he's got the skills and some people dont like the brash talk but hey in today day and age it seems to but what working to get $$$ so long as you can back it up in the cage.

Tony Ferguson still gives him issues due to the mobility on the mat but i honestly thing he takes khabib if he can stop a few shots been saying it for a while but after last night for sure.

on the other side barbosa who is as skilled and gentlemanly as they come probably took that fight a bit too soon. Khabib landed a lot of shots nothing super damaging as he isnt the hardest hitter but at the same time im starting to wonder whats worse

1- quick 1-2 round ko
2- sustained gnp over the course of the 3-5 rounds

ive not seen anyone except RDA who had the jits to avoid getting lumped on the mat come back even close to the same post khabbib fight

No I agree with you.  Last night was his best showing in the UFC in my opinion, he ate some big shots and just dominated every grappling exchange.  He is most definitely a problem. 

4/22/18 12:38 PM
1/1/01
Lights Out Lurker -

What is your problem with him as a human? 

4/22/18 12:39 PM
7/22/15

He looked great last night, stuff as fuck. Got to give it up to Barbosa for taking that beating.

4/22/18 12:40 PM
2/26/17

He is a problem for the scales 

4/22/18 3:41 PM
9/27/15
I've been saying it for a long time..Lee is very dangerous and could be champion one day..maybe soon..he could definitely beat Khabib but Khabib might be able to grind him down, gas him and win via decision though..

Lee vs Alcvarez next..I don't see Eddie having much for him though..only guys with Fergusons style and grit will beat Lee..
4/22/18 4:06 PM
12/7/10

He was strong enough to trap Barbosa's arm with one hand, and assault Barbosa almost at will with the other hand. That's next level dominance.

Also that wheel kick is Barbosa's signature move. Francis Ngannou would have trouble standing if that kick lands flush. If Kevin Lee would have lost, the stanky leg jokes would have been relentless. But give him credit, he overcame adversity and proceeded to display absolute dominance.

Right now, in the who can beat Khabib Sweepstakes, I would have to say after a performance this dominating, against a shared foe, Kevin Lee is at the top, if not number 2.

Edited: 4/22/18 4:25 PM
2/6/15
stainlesssteel -

He was strong enough to trap Barbosa's arm with one hand, and assault Barbosa almost at will with the other hand. That's next level dominance.

Also that wheel kick is Barbosa's signature move. Francis Ngannou would have trouble standing if that kick lands flush. If Kevin Lee would have lost, the stanky leg jokes would have been relentless. But give him credit, he overcame adversity and proceeded to display absolute dominance.

Right now, in the who can beat Khabib Sweepstakes, I would have to say after a performance this dominating, against a shared foe, Kevin Lee is at the top, if not number 2.

I find the stanky leg he did impressive in a way. Getting caught like that and refusing to fall then securing the takedown . Shows he has a lot of heart and kept his composure even when his body wasn't operating properly. I remember Fedor doing that vs Fujita ,granted not quite as exaggerated.

4/22/18 5:14 PM
1/1/01
i see he's working with dewey cooper who is a super underrated coach his use of the jab was pretty good too and he isnt shy about getting hit.. (no always a good thing but he isn't gun shy)

don't see connor coming back from retirement to face him but could see a well trained nate diaz putting him away

fight games a funny thing
4/22/18 5:27 PM
8/5/13

Lee is awesome. Very impressive.

4/22/18 7:25 PM
12/7/10
WhereIsGoranReljic -
stainlesssteel -

I find the stanky leg he did impressive in a way. Getting caught like that and refusing to fall then securing the takedown . Shows he has a lot of heart and kept his composure even when his body wasn't operating properly. I remember Fedor doing that vs Fujita ,granted not quite as exaggerated.

Totally agree with this. Never thought about it that way, but it was impressive that he kind of willed himself not to go down. Every fighter in the division took note of that perfermance last night. Even Khabib.

4/22/18 7:32 PM
7/24/14

Nate Diaz vs Kevin lee. Would be a fun one. Oh well

4/22/18 8:06 PM
6/23/14
When he said "I'm not worried about what's he's going to do I'm just focused on what I'm going to do." He really meant it, he imposed his will and walked through Barboza.
4/22/18 8:07 PM
6/23/14
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

Nate Diaz vs Kevin lee. Would be a fun one. Oh well

That's a terrible match up for Nate.

Would look just like when he fought Rory if not worse.
4/22/18 8:08 PM
11/9/17
Lights Out Lurker -

Which is why he is a great fit for MMA and the UFC in particular. They love POS like him