UnderGround Forums Lennox Lewis comments on FMJ vs. McGregor

1 day ago
9/7/04

Lennox Lewis: I wouldn't buy Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Lennox Lewis has branded Floyd Mayweather's comeback against MMA fighter Conor McGregor "ridiculous".

McGregor will make his professional boxing debut against Mayweather at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Aug. 26 in a fight predicted to make millions.

But some boxing fans -- including former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lewis -- will not be buying the fight on pay-per-view.

"I can't take it serious," Lewis told ESPN. "Mayweather is the best in his weight class, no one can touch him in boxing. He's a pugilist of the highest order so for another man from a different sport to fight him?

"It's ridiculous to me. You are talking about one discipline where you can use only your hands and only a few can do it. Every battle sport always starts with your hands, but they are two totally different sports.

"Floyd will stop him. He's just too good at boxing for McGregor and McGregor is just too inexperienced. I wouldn't buy it -- but I would be interested in the result. To me, I know who is going to win already so there's no use in watching it."

Despite dismissing Mayweather-McGregor as a competitive fight, Lewis sees the appeal of boxing's biggest star fighting MMA's top name.

"I don't believe it would damage boxing because is always going to be about man will always want to fight and man will always want to know the result," Lewis said.

"I love Bruce Lee and the other disciplines and when he fought against other fighters, you wanted to see the differences, so I can see the appeal."

1 day ago
7/11/12

I won't be buying it either

1 day ago
6/18/16
Donoghue88 -

1 day ago
7/2/15

Damn, Lennox looks old. It's a shame that even rock stars and prize fighters have to get old. 

1 day ago
9/5/11

Funny part is this fight will be more competitive than Lewis/Tyson was. Hahaha. 

1 day ago
3/22/16
Malvert the Janitor -

Now I KNOW that you know nothing about boxing.

What a fucking idiot you really are.

1 day ago
9/5/11
WordUp -
Malvert the Janitor -

Did you see the fight? Now I know you're not a fight fan - that was a butchering. 

You should catch it on YouTube! 

I know, I know...you're one of those teenagers who thinks Tyson is the GOAT and never ever lost...handily. 

1 day ago
3/22/16
Malvert the Janitor -
WordUp -
Malvert the Janitor -

Did you see the fight? Now I know you're not a fight fan - that was a butchering. 

I know, I know...you're one of those teenagers who thinks Tyson is the GOAT and never ever lost...handily. 

Butchering? Took him EIGHT ROUNDS to get a guy who was at least TWELVE YEARS past his prime out of there.

1 day ago
7/12/15

Sounds like he will end up watching it. 

1 day ago
1/1/01
Malvert the Janitor - 

Top Men, have a hotline ready August 26th. I suspect this gender bending emo will slash his wrists

1 day ago
7/29/02
WordUp - 
Malvert the Janitor -
WordUp -
Malvert the Janitor -

Butchering? Took him EIGHT ROUNDS to get a guy who was at least TWELVE YEARS past his prime out of there.

^^^

some sense
1 day ago
1/1/01
I stopped reading at "every battle sport starts with your hands"

double leg?
flying knee?
kicks?
1 day ago
1/1/01
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Top Men, have a hotline ready August 26th. I suspect this gender bending emo will slash his wrists

It's an exaggeration to be sure, but anyone who knows shit about boxing knew Tyson was going to get smashed in that fight.
1 day ago
11/30/11
Donoghue88 -

I never had interest in watching this.

people want to see the press conference more than the actual fight.

1 day ago
1/1/01
FatBuddha - I stopped reading at "every battle sport starts with your hands"

double leg?
flying knee?
kicks?

I tend to use my hands when I double leg
1 day ago
9/5/11
buddie -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 

It's an exaggeration to be sure, but anyone who knows shit about boxing knew Tyson was going to get smashed in that fight.

No more an exaggeration than these forums are rife with daily.

Tyson had no shot in hell. He was always a front runner. 

1 day ago
9/5/11
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Why? I expect Conor to lose. That position is unchanged.

You're not even a Mayweather fan. You don't even respect fighters. Stop pretending to have an opinion on fighting. 

Edited: 1 day ago
1/1/01
Anek - 
FatBuddha - I stopped reading at "every battle sport starts with your hands"

double leg?
flying knee?
kicks?

I tend to use my hands when I double leg

Do you think that that was what Lenox meant or do
you just like to be a contrarian?
1 day ago
1/1/01
""I love Bruce Lee and the other disciplines and when he fought against other fighters, you wanted to see the differences, so I can see the appeal."

What other fighters did Bruce Lee fight, lol.
1 day ago
4/21/17
Liyon - ""I love Bruce Lee and the other disciplines and when he fought against other fighters, you wanted to see the differences, so I can see the appeal."

What other fighters did Bruce Lee fight, lol.

Bruce lee was a street fighter, not a competitor who hides behind RULES like floyd bitchweather.

If u knew anything about him, he was about the most effective fighting to destroy your opponent no matter the rule. He did this especialyl because he was a small guy so he had to use every trick in the book.

Look at his fingers and knuckles, they are hardned after years of training for it. He could eye poke anyone and never risk a broken or broken knuckles - which just about every boxer does when they fight in the street cuz they cant throw a proper punch without gloves and handwraps. 

Every top martial artist who has followed bruce respect his skills, and they could see that just why the way he moves and implements his techniques and the way he talks about it - he is a very intelligent man who had heaps of knowledge about martial arts waaay before anyone else. People like u probably wont understand this, hey middle-to high intelligence isnt for everyone aye ;) 

"ubb ubb, he did movies, ubb ub.. his just an actor !!" - hed smash ur face in.

1 day ago
1/1/01
I really loved the Oscar vs Shaq bout and I think a large part of that is because it was far more competitive than what we can expect Mayweather/McGregor to be. I'll eventually store Mayweather/McGregor DVD right next to Shag/Oscar, Ali/Inoki, and Mayweather/Big Show, right on its own shelf in my wall insert.

Here it is for y'all's enjoyment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xafgwv_shaq-vs-oscar_webcam
1 day ago
1/1/01
Malvert the Janitor - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 

You're not even a Mayweather fan. You don't even respect fighters. Stop pretending to have an opinion on fighting. 

STFU and take off that Tapout hat you dork

1 day ago
2/13/11
Everyone that say they wont watch it are full of shit.
1 day ago
6/15/17
WordUp -
Malvert the Janitor -

This. Tyson did well in the early rounds but then Lennox started out boxing him. If Tyson could have kept it a brawl, who knows what could have happened. 

1 day ago
9/5/11
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Malvert the Janitor - 

STFU and take off that Tapout hat you dork

Your trolling powers are weakening...