UnderGround Forums Mackenzie Dern moves to Las Vegas

6/18/18 7:23 PM
10/5/11

Will change camps and will be on a diet to keep a strawweight. The move to Nevada was after a call from the UFC.

Source:

https://www.superlutas.com.br/noticias/83367/apesar-dos-problemas-na-perda-de-peso-mackenzie-dern-planeja-permanecer-no-peso-palha/

6/18/18 7:32 PM
2/15/06
From Google Translate;

Crashing the weight of the female straw weight (52.6kg) has been a problem for Mackenzie Dern. During UFC Rio in May of this year, the fighter was 3.2kg over the limit of the category. In an interview with the site Combate.com, the American said it will remain in the division.

"After I did not hit the weight, the UFC called me. They said they were thinking of moving me, they called me to go to the Performance Institute in Las Vegas to see what my body type was like, whether it was better to continue with the weight of the straw or rise to flyweight, "Dern said.
See too
Mackenzie Dern failed to weigh UFC Rio; Amanda Nunes suffers but beats weight
VIDEO: Watch Mackenzie Dern finalize at UFC 224

UFC president Dana White expressed his displeasure at recent weight difficulties. He is irreducible in the idea of ??changing the weighing format to the old format.

Mackenzie explained that she does not own a body for a straw-weight athlete, but will keep on dieting and training so she can continue in the category. "Everyone here agrees that I have a body type that fits in the weight of straw, in the category that I am, so the plan is to continue in it. But we want to diet and train so I do not have to cut as much weight, I'll cut very little. After the fight, I will not go up much, "he concluded.

Mackenzie Dern switched from jiu-jitsu to MMA in 2016 when he made his debut in Legacy FC with a win over Kenya Roses. The UFC has been hired by the UFC this year and has already held two fights and two triumphs. His cartel is seven fights and is unbeaten.
6/18/18 7:41 PM
1/1/01
Where's the part about changing camps?
6/18/18 7:41 PM
4/11/14

"The weight of the straw" lol

6/18/18 7:54 PM
8/20/03
Positive Energy - 

LOL!

Seriously?

Zuffa is going to try and pull a Ngannou and make Dern marketable because they need marketable fighters.

Not sure it will work.

6/18/18 8:19 PM
1/26/08
Rhymenoceros - Where's the part about changing camps?

Well if she’s living in Vegas, it’s hard for her to train every day in CA. My guess is she is using the UFC PI and Xtreme Couture as it seems like most of the fighters who utilize the UFC facility train at XC also, especially the girls.

6/18/18 8:23 PM
1/1/01
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 

Well if she’s living in Vegas, it’s hard for her to train every day in CA. My guess is she is using the UFC PI and Xtreme Couture as it seems like most of the fighters who utilize the UFC facility train at XC also, especially the girls.

Ok, where is the part about moving to Las Vegas?
6/18/18 8:25 PM
7/23/09

6/18/18 8:33 PM
1/1/01
Dougie -
Positive Energy - 

LOL!

Seriously?

Zuffa is going to try and pull a Ngannou and make Dern marketable because they need marketable fighters.

Not sure it will work.

Not sure wmma is still marketable after rousey’s crash and burn. 

6/18/18 8:34 PM
1/1/01
I was going to say maybe the Vegas heat will sweat off those last couple of pounds.....but then I remembered Arizona and Brazil are both hot as fuck as well.
6/18/18 8:35 PM
5/11/13

Did she bring her translator?

6/18/18 8:39 PM
1/1/01
For the dumb dumbs:

The article says the UFC is thinking of moving her up a weight class, and asked her to come to Vegas so they could assess her body type and make a decision.

There is literally nothing there about her changing camps or moving permanently to Vegas.
6/18/18 9:21 PM
7/2/09

Dude, she's got way bigger things to worry about.  Like, what the fuck accent do they speak in Las Vegas?

6/18/18 10:10 PM
8/12/16

Was this article translated on the google or just written in Dern's voice?

6/18/18 10:11 PM
6/17/16
jgiveshead -

Dude, she's got way bigger things to worry about.  Like, what the fuck accent do they speak in Las Vegas?

and can she make some extra loot with her dance skills at the Spearmint Rhino on weekends?

6/18/18 10:32 PM
3/4/12
Positive Energy -

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

6/18/18 10:41 PM
3/18/02

maybe gorge gurgel just messed up the translation 

6/18/18 10:45 PM
12/12/12
StrikingMMA - From Google Translate;

Crashing the weight of the female straw weight (52.6kg) has been a problem for Mackenzie Dern. During UFC Rio in May of this year, the fighter was 3.2kg over the limit of the category. In an interview with the site Combate.com, the American said it will remain in the division.

"After I did not hit the weight, the UFC called me. They said they were thinking of moving me, they called me to go to the Performance Institute in Las Vegas to see what my body type was like, whether it was better to continue with the weight of the straw or rise to flyweight, "Dern said.
See too

UFC president Dana White expressed his displeasure at recent weight difficulties. He is irreducible in the idea of ??changing the weighing format to the old format.

Mackenzie explained that she does not own a body for a straw-weight athlete, but will keep on dieting and training so she can continue in the category. "Everyone here agrees that I have a body type that fits in the weight of straw, in the category that I am, so the plan is to continue in it. But we want to diet and train so I do not have to cut as much weight, I'll cut very little. After the fight, I will not go up much, "he concluded.

Mackenzie Dern switched from jiu-jitsu to MMA in 2016 when he made his debut in Legacy FC with a win over Kenya Roses. The UFC has been hired by the UFC this year and has already held two fights and two triumphs. His cartel is seven fights and is unbeaten.

HEy PlayA,  frM GOOgLEEE tRanSLAtE;

CrasHin Da Weight o' Da BiAtcH $Trawww WeIghT (52.6kG) HAs Been uhhhhhh PRoblEmmm Fawr MackenzIe DeRN. DURin UFcc RIooo yn mAAyY O' Dissss Yr,, DAA FigHTUHH Were 3.2KG ovr Da LImIt O'' Da CAtEgoree. yN UH Interview WiTTT Da $ite CoMbate.com, Da AMeRicaN $eS It willl REmAin Ynn Da DiviSiOn.

"afTuhh ah Did NwT Hit Da WeiGhT,,,, da Ufcc caLleD Me. DEaYy $Ess deayyy WerE THinkiN O' MoVin ME, Deayyy CallEd Me 222 Goe 2 Daaa PErfoRmAncee InSTiTute YNN LAS vegass 2 C WUt MaH bOdaYYY tYpe Weree DiGg, WhEthuhhh It WeReee BeTTUh 2 CoNtinuE WIttt da WeIgHtttttt O'' DA $traw oRRRR RisE 2 FlywEighT, "dernn $aid.
seE TOO
MacKenziee DErn fAIlEd 22 Weighh Ufccc rio; AMandAA NunEsss $uffuhS BUtt BEatS WeighT
VIDEO:: WatcH macKeNzie Dernn FINalizee At UfCC 224

ufc PrEsiDnttt DanA White-a$$$ expREssed HeS DisPLEasur At RECNt WEIghT DifficuLties. He Iz IrrEDuCible Yn DA IdeAAA o'' ??chAnGin Da WEiGHinn FormAt 22 dA ol' ForMat.

MackeNZiEE ExPLaineD Dat $he DOO nwt OwN Uh BoDAyy FAWrr uh $tRaW-WEIGHtt BAlLas,, bUT WIl KeEppp AWN DieTiNN an' tRAInInnnn $o $he Cayn COntinue Ynnn da CAtegorEe. "EVeRyOne Hurr agreess Datt aHHH Hv UH BoDAyY tyPee Datt Fits Yn Da weiGHtt O' $tRaw,, Yn Da CatEgORee datt Ah be,, $o daa Plan iZ 2 cOntiNue YNN IT. But We'S NEedd 2 Diet An'' Trainnn $o Ah Do Nwt Hv 2 cutt aas much WeiGht,, Ah'll CuT VeReee liL. aFtr Da FigHT,, Ah WIl NwT GOe UHp MuCh, "He COncLUDEd.

mackenzie DeRnn $WitChED frmm Jiu-jitsu 22 MMA Yn 2016 WENN He Madeee HEs DEbut Yn LegaCEe fccc WIttt Uhh WiN Ovr KenyA ROSES. da Ufc HAss been HirEd Bi Da Ufccc DIs Yr an'' has ALReaDayYY HelDD 22 fights An' 22 trIumPhs. Hes CaRteLL IZZZZZ $even figHts AN'' iz unbeAtEn.      ... Peace.

6/19/18 2:17 AM
1/11/12

Dern just needs to trainy, eaty, sleepy and she will be like fine

6/19/18 3:11 AM
2/26/11

6/19/18 3:11 AM
1/1/01
Knuckle Sandwich - 
Positive Energy -

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

lmao for real!
6/19/18 3:14 AM
1/26/08
Rhymenoceros -

I just read it in the first response, didn’t have time to read the actual article.

6/19/18 6:14 AM
12/31/10

Dana is always pushing for fighters to move to Nevada. Closer so he can Weinstein them?

6/19/18 6:34 AM
2/14/17
Thuglife13 -
StrikingMMA - From Google Translate;

See too

HEy PlayA,  frM GOOgLEEE tRanSLAtE;

CrasHin Da Weight o' Da BiAtcH $Trawww WeIghT (52.6kG) HAs Been uhhhhhh PRoblEmmm Fawr MackenzIe DeRN. DURin UFcc RIooo yn mAAyY O' Dissss Yr,, DAA FigHTUHH Were 3.2KG ovr Da LImIt O'' Da CAtEgoree. yN UH Interview WiTTT Da $ite CoMbate.com, Da AMeRicaN $eS It willl REmAin Ynn Da DiviSiOn.

"afTuhh ah Did NwT Hit Da WeiGhT,,,, da Ufcc caLleD Me. DEaYy $Ess deayyy WerE THinkiN O' MoVin ME, Deayyy CallEd Me 222 Goe 2 Daaa PErfoRmAncee InSTiTute YNN LAS vegass 2 C WUt MaH bOdaYYY tYpe Weree DiGg, WhEthuhhh It WeReee BeTTUh 2 CoNtinuE WIttt da WeIgHtttttt O'' DA $traw oRRRR RisE 2 FlywEighT, "dernn $aid.
seE TOO
MacKenziee DErn fAIlEd 22 Weighh Ufccc rio; AMandAA NunEsss $uffuhS BUtt BEatS WeighT
VIDEO:: WatcH macKeNzie Dernn FINalizee At UfCC 224

ufc PrEsiDnttt DanA White-a$$$ expREssed HeS DisPLEasur At RECNt WEIghT DifficuLties. He Iz IrrEDuCible Yn DA IdeAAA o'' ??chAnGin Da WEiGHinn FormAt 22 dA ol' ForMat.

MackeNZiEE ExPLaineD Dat $he DOO nwt OwN Uh BoDAyy FAWrr uh $tRaW-WEIGHtt BAlLas,, bUT WIl KeEppp AWN DieTiNN an' tRAInInnnn $o $he Cayn COntinue Ynnn da CAtegorEe. "EVeRyOne Hurr agreess Datt aHHH Hv UH BoDAyY tyPee Datt Fits Yn Da weiGHtt O' $tRaw,, Yn Da CatEgORee datt Ah be,, $o daa Plan iZ 2 cOntiNue YNN IT. But We'S NEedd 2 Diet An'' Trainnn $o Ah Do Nwt Hv 2 cutt aas much WeiGht,, Ah'll CuT VeReee liL. aFtr Da FigHT,, Ah WIl NwT GOe UHp MuCh, "He COncLUDEd.

mackenzie DeRnn $WitChED frmm Jiu-jitsu 22 MMA Yn 2016 WENN He Madeee HEs DEbut Yn LegaCEe fccc WIttt Uhh WiN Ovr KenyA ROSES. da Ufc HAss been HirEd Bi Da Ufccc DIs Yr an'' has ALReaDayYY HelDD 22 fights An' 22 trIumPhs. Hes CaRteLL IZZZZZ $even figHts AN'' iz unbeAtEn.      ... Peace.

From one brazilian here, i c waachu di der.. respechtt

6/19/18 6:52 AM
10/5/11
Rhymenoceros -

https://www.ganhador.com/2018/mackenzie-dern-transfere-treinos-para-las-vegas-se-aproxima-do-ufc-e-assim-cuida-de-seu-futuro/