UnderGround Forums Mackenzie surprised sleep&massage didnt cut weight

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01
Per Ariel's podcast, Mackenzie Dern thinks that her past weight cut issues were just due to her mind not letting her lose weight at the last minute.

And in this weight cut, she only started getting worried the night before the weigh in, and was surprised that sleep and a drainage massage (WTF is that?) didn't drop more pounds. After missing her plane, she drank water all day on the plane and didn't move for 14 hours. She weighed 139.5 pounds on Tuesday night, TWENTY-FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS over weight just a little over TWO DAYS before the weigh in but she wasn't worried about it until two days after that.

She also didn't work with a nutritionist before the fight.

The UFC is assigning her a nutritionist now, but she feels nervous working with one although she is accepting their help.

She wasn't surprised that her opponent accepted the fight because she is giving 30% of her show money.
13 days ago
8/5/13

Es normal?? 

13 days ago
11/15/04

She’s a true OGer that’s for sure!

13 days ago
11/21/05

Gonna move this to the UG...

13 days ago
1/1/01
lol.

I'm fine with her body, as a normal woman she looks great. As an elite top level athlete, lol, you can't have that soft thickness going on. That kind of weight is for fucking, not fighting.

I knew she'd still probably win, Cooper isn't someone who's going to smoke anybody in standup. I figured Dern would close and get it to the mat and she's WAY better at grappling than Cooper is at striking. Landing the haymaker to the chin against someone who's bragging about being better at boxing was a nice surprise though.
1/1/01
She needs someone fully certified in the Gracie Diet(tm) ASAP!

Who knows...? --She may have accidentally combined Milk and avocados which makes it scientifically IMPOSSIBLE to lose any weight for several weeks.
13 days ago
1/1/01
shen - She needs someone fully certified in the Gracie Diet(tm) ASAP!

Who knows...? --She may have accidentally combined Milk and avocados which makes it scientifically IMPOSSIBLE to lose any weight for several weeks.

lmao
13 days ago
1/1/01

lol
13 days ago
11/28/03

for reference ronda walksed at 148, dieted/trained/lost fat to 143. said she couldnt lose more. the rest was a water cut

12/15/00
shen - She needs someone fully certified in the Gracie Diet(tm) ASAP!

Such a bush league mistake...if she had eaten the prescribed renergy sandwich and the juice of 3 full watermelons she would have made Oney fifteeney easy, you know...

13 days ago
4/1/18

Papayas and cheese 

13 days ago
2/2/08
ranier wolfcastle - 

for reference ronda walksed at 148, dieted/trained/lost fat to 143. said she couldnt lose more. the rest was a water cut

Wat
13 days ago
1/1/01

I would go for more massages if they almost made me drop a few pounds

13 days ago
2/17/03
FatBuddha - 

lmao

LOL
13 days ago
1/1/01

This is like an Onion title

13 days ago
10/5/12
RKing85 -

I've lost some body weight to massages thinking about her.

13 days ago
5/10/03
stevekt -

Not judging her but I get the feeling she has been tricked into banging more than once in her life.  

Yep. Sounds like someone fooled her during fight week with a “drainage” massage as well...

13 days ago
12/11/14

Is she working with the Dulce diet bro science?

13 days ago
4/1/18
RKing85 -

I shoot 2 lb loads so it works out that way for me. 

13 days ago
6/25/13
ranier wolfcastle -

Remember Ronda's weight cut back when she coached TUF that she did to prove a point- what were her numbers- anyone??  Thx!

Kristen :)

12/10/09
LiveToFightInc -
ranier wolfcastle -

Remember Ronda's weight cut back when she coached TUF that she did to prove a point- what were her numbers- anyone??  Thx!

Kristen :)

She went from 152, won the coaches challenge, hit the Sauna for 5 hours!!!! and made 135 in about 20 hours. So 17lbs with zero prep or sodium loading or anything. Did that in less than a day and her only motivation was showing it can be done. Was very impressive show of will, regardless of what many think about her mental toughness. 

12 days ago
9/22/11

Starts demanding draining massage from wife

12 days ago
10/14/12
shen - She needs someone fully certified in the Gracie Diet(tm) ASAP!

What

12 days ago
3/10/11
BenUkersWife -

Papayas and cheese 

12 days ago
9/8/11

Drainage massage? Masterbation? At least thats what it means for me. LOL.