UnderGround Forums Mayweather Wont Accept The Fight

5/18/17 10:08 AM
3/14/06
Hes going to pull the same thing he did with Manny and make excuse after excuse while running away. It could potentially be the biggest PPV ever and Floyd will not sign even though its an easy fight for him.

Dont shoot the messenger.
5/18/17 10:33 AM
5/4/12

He fought Manny.

5/18/17 10:34 AM
7/8/09
It's a negotiation, fag
5/18/17 10:46 AM
3/14/06
i got banned - 

He fought Manny.

After running away for a few years.
5/18/17 10:49 AM
3/18/02

thats because this is all fake talk to generate publicity.  Its fake.  Not going to happen.  Never was.  

5/18/17 10:57 AM
1/1/01
i got banned - 

He fought Manny.

After stalling for 5 years, and seeing Manny lose multiple fights in the interim...
5/18/17 11:06 AM
5/31/16

Conor is cool with advanced drug testing tho.

5/18/17 11:07 AM
1/1/01
T-Ham - Hes going to pull the same thing he did with Manny and make excuse after excuse while running away. It could potentially be the biggest PPV ever and Floyd will not sign even though its an easy fight for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Manny_Pacquiao

Floyd never ran from Manny. The fight got delayed because of Bob Arum and the fact that Manny refused to do olympic drug testing

Whats also hilarious is that it never gets mentioned that Floyd himself was 38 years old when he fought Pacquaio. Apparently age is a factor for everyone else but not Floyd

5/18/17 4:01 PM
7/27/07
T-Ham - Hes going to pull the same thing he did with Manny and make excuse after excuse while running away. It could potentially be the biggest PPV ever and Floyd will not sign even though its an easy fight for him.

I think the problem was Manny not wanting to be tested for steroids.
5/18/17 4:19 PM
2/26/17

"Biggest PPV ever"

Please send me some of what you are smoking

5/18/17 4:49 PM
8/18/13

He didn't run away from Manny. They both played the game to maximise the huge PPV they both ended up on. Baffling that people think Floyd would run from Manny, he's faced people that pose far more of a threat to him than Mannys style ever did

5/18/17 4:51 PM
1/1/01
Floyd was kind of a ho for pulling the USADA card on Manny, which delayed the fight for a bit. The rest was Bob Arum.
5/18/17 5:04 PM
1/1/01

No need for anyone to shoot, given you are shooting your own foot.

You claim Mayweather won't fight, but offer no reason whatsoever, while in your very post you give the reason why it's likely Mayweather WILL fight. Easy money.

Mayweather is well known as a business-man athlete looking for big fights and big money, especially ones he can win. This is the ultimate Mayweather fight, tailor made for him. It's a massive marquee fight so he strokes his ego basking in the sea of eyeballs again, it's a huge pay-day, easy money, it's almost no-risk for losing, he gets to look like superman in the ring clowning the UFC's best fighter for as many rounds as he wants, and comes away with the historic 50-0 boxing record he wished for.

There couldn't be a fight more perfect for the way Mayweather chooses his fights.

There is EVERY reason to think Mayweather would be drooling at this fight and NO good reason to think he would run from it.

My God, OP, do you logic?

5/18/17 5:08 PM
7/27/07
multiculturaljoseph - Floyd was kind of a ho for pulling the USADA card on Manny, which delayed the fight for a bit. The rest was Bob Arum.

If you are clean USADA shouldn't be a problem. Manny was clearly gassed up.

First he said he was "afraid" of needles. (he has tattoos)

Then he said getting blood drawn made him feel weak when
fighting Marquez.

Then he said he would be at a disadvantage if they booth do blood tests because he is smaller.

Then he said he would only agree to 3 pre planned tests.

I could go on...
5/18/17 5:08 PM
9/5/11
BiggGunn -
i got banned - 

He fought Manny.

After stalling for 5 years, and seeing Manny lose multiple fights in the interim...

In fairness, he'd lost multiple times before anyone ever thought of the Mayweather fight. 

5/18/17 5:37 PM
2/16/10
seekmurph -

"Biggest PPV ever"

I think it will for sure. Definitely be over 2 million buys if its priced correctly
5/18/17 5:43 PM
11/20/05
I want a fight where each can do what they do best, like should have happened if Ali didn't pussy out against Inoki and extort the promoters until they changed the rules to prevent takedowns ('tackles")
5/18/17 5:47 PM
1/1/01

Hopefully he will

Edited: 5/18/17 6:09 PM
2/26/17
zackthewop -
seekmurph -

"Biggest PPV ever"

I think it will for sure. Definitely be over 2 million buys if its priced correctly

Ok let's say it does 2 million buys. That would be less than half of the biggest PPV ever. Mayweather/Pacquiao did over 4 million buys. This fight, if it happens, will not even come close to that.

Edited: 5/18/17 6:11 PM
1/1/01
PrettyBoy - 

I think the problem was Manny not wanting to be tested for steroids.

He was always open for testing, just not the USADA that floyd was pushing.  The same org that would later prove to be a very corrupt and incompetent organization.

Then Floyd goes and cheats a privillaged IV which was completely against the rules.

5/18/17 6:14 PM
8/31/10

Easiest money of Floyd's career, of course he'll take the fight!

5/18/17 6:26 PM
1/1/01
Don't be scared, homie.
5/18/17 7:10 PM
5/14/13
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

Floyd never ran from Manny. The fight got delayed because of Bob Arum and the fact that Manny refused to do olympic drug testing

Whats also hilarious is that it never gets mentioned that Floyd himself was 38 years old when he fought Pacquaio. Apparently age is a factor for everyone else but not Floyd

Mayweather is older too. Kinda funny how people try to point to age being a factor.
5/18/17 7:21 PM
8/31/10
The Pendulum -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

Mayweather is older too. Kinda funny how people try to point to age being a factor.

Ya, but his style lends itself to longevity while Manny was participating in some wars!! Pac was getting beaten down more than Floyd was over those years.

5/18/17 7:23 PM
3/19/05
GSPsShadyHandWraps - 

This. People kept saying he was waiting for Pacquiao to get old...Mayweather himself IS older than Pacquiao + Olympic drug testing (noticed the moment he wanted that Pacquiao stopped knocking people out senseless...).