UnderGround Forums Michelle Waterson never dull!

4/14/18 11:29 PM
2/28/06

Just how adorable is she?
4/14/18 11:43 PM
8/29/07

The backside on that woman is all upside 

10/24/10

Gift decision.

7/22/05

4/14/18 11:53 PM
1/1/01
I thought Waterson lost
4/14/18 11:53 PM
11/20/05

What a terrible decision. I walked away thinking it was a lock, come back and they're interviewing Michelle. Utterly, utterly trash decision.

4/14/18 11:56 PM
2/28/06
Nonetheless...never in a dull fight. Great personality. Awesome to look at.
4/15/18 12:00 AM
11/28/03
FIGHTER KD SIG. STR. SIG. STR. % TOTAL STR. TD TD % SUB. ATT PASS REV.

Michelle Waterson

Cortney Casey

61 of 84

36 of 96

4/15/18 12:08 AM
8/14/12

I thought waterson won easily 

4/15/18 1:30 AM
12/16/12

Yea, that wasn't a great decision.

4/15/18 2:19 AM
2/2/12

Bullshit, what fight were you watching, Waterson won that fight and you couls see it in her face at the end, she knew it. Please, she spent half the fight on her back ffs.

4/15/18 11:15 AM
1/9/07
Vikingknee -

I thought waterson won easily 

Yup. By end of the 3rd I didn't even need to hear decision. 

Edited: 4/15/18 11:23 AM
6/1/07
People need to stop trying to score fights the way they wish were scored and just accept the reality that judges do not give a shit about failed submission attempts.

If you lay on your back sub hunting and your opponent escapes every one of them, the judges will not reward you. As a grappling fan I think that sucks, but it is the cold hard truth that fighters must accept if they want to win decisions. You can't lay on your back the majority of the fight and expect to win a decision. You can bitch and moan all you want about how the judges are idiots and that they should value submissions more, but at the end of the day, your opinion doesn't matter and if you want to win fights, you have to to adapt to the judges, not expect them to adapt to you.
4/15/18 11:30 AM
11/28/03

judges see failed submissions as missed punches

thats why most fighters get up asap nowadays

4/15/18 11:33 AM
11/16/17
She didn't win that fight
4/15/18 11:41 AM
9/27/15
ranier wolfcastle - 

This needs to change asap..Casey had several submissions that almost finished Waterson..these types of submissions ßhouod be looked at like punches that almost Koed their opts..

What did Waterson do besides survive last night? Casey hurt her standing and came close to tapping her several times on the ground..Waterson did nothing that even hurt Casey yet she wins the fight..wtf

Casey won last night..shitty decision..
4/15/18 11:42 AM
6/1/07
Thebonfirexm - She didn't win that fight

LOL

Her record says otherwise.
Her paycheck says otherwise.
Casey's record and paycheck says otherwise.

She clearly DID win that fight.

You can argue until you are blue in the face about whether she SHOULD have won that fight, but there is no denying who actually won. Reality doesn't change to accommodate your opinion.
4/15/18 11:52 AM
6/1/07
ons ear - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

This needs to change asap..Casey had several submissions that almost finished Waterson..these types of submissions ßhouod be looked at like punches that almost Koed their opts..

What did Waterson do besides survive last night? Casey hurt her standing and came close to tapping her several times on the ground..Waterson did nothing that even hurt Casey yet she wins the fight..wtf

None of those sub attempts came remotely close to finishing Waterson. She calmly bided her time and then executed the same escape over-and-over-and-over again. A more skilled grappler would have made an adjustment and forced Michelle to come up with another defense, but Casey couldn't do it.

As far as the 'needs to change ASAP' part, I agree, but until it does you have to play the cards you are dealt. You can't sit on your back and sub hunt and expect to win decisions with the current crop of judges. Like it or not, that is the reality we live in. Every coach worth his salt is coaching his fighters to get back up rather than sub hunt because he knows that is a losing strategy in the current environment.
4/15/18 11:54 AM
3/6/07

Waterson easily won that fight. Great sub attempts from Casey but great defense and strikes won that fight. Takedowns and control. 

4/15/18 12:11 PM
5/26/07
Casey looked like a 135er. Michele beat a much bigger girl through better technique. I know size is not factored into a decision, but Michelle was way more impressive than Casey to me and, with exception of the end of the fight, controlled where the fight went the whole time. Also landed 3/4 of her strikes as opposed to Casey's 1/3.
4/15/18 12:37 PM
9/27/15
Steve4192 - 
ons ear - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

None of those sub attempts came remotely close to finishing Waterson. She calmly bided her time and then executed the same escape over-and-over-and-over again. A more skilled grappler would have made an adjustment and forced Michelle to come up with another defense, but Casey couldn't do it.

As far as the 'needs to change ASAP' part, I agree, but until it does you have to play the cards you are dealt. You can't sit on your back and sub hunt and expect to win decisions with the current crop of judges. Like it or not, that is the reality we live in. Every coach worth his salt is coaching his fighters to get back up rather than sub hunt because he knows that is a losing strategy in the current environment.

Even Dominic Cruz said Waterson was saved by the bell..he knows more than you and I...

Ok fine, trying to sub your oppt is bad strategy but how did Waterson win? Just by surviving subs? Does Waterson get points for surviving subs whereas Casey gets no points for attempting submissions?

Waterson landed a few takedowns but did nothing with them beside land in submission attempts
4/15/18 12:53 PM
1/1/01
ons ear -
Steve4192 - 
ons ear - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

Even Dominic Cruz said Waterson was saved by the bell..he knows more than you and I...

Ok fine, trying to sub your oppt is bad strategy but how did Waterson win? Just by surviving subs? Does Waterson get points for surviving subs whereas Casey gets no points for attempting submissions?

Waterson landed a few takedowns but did nothing with them beside land in submission attempts

To the judges a TD equals getting dropped with a hard punch. Thats why everybody tries to get a TD at the end of the round. It's fucking stupid. 

4/15/18 1:07 PM
6/1/07
ons ear - 
Steve4192 - 
ons ear - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

She wasn't saved by the bell. She had already managed to get her head between Casey's shins before the bell rang, then she just waited it out rather than trying to finish the escape in the last couple of seconds. She had her elbow bent and both hands locked together as well. She was in no danger. She just didn't want to expend the energy to finish the escape when she knew there were only a couple of seconds left in the fight.
4/15/18 1:11 PM
6/1/07
^ Regarding your second paragraph, she won because judges favor position over submission. She initiated the grappling exchanges and was in dominant position before the submission attempts, then cancelled those attempts out (in the view of the judges) by escaping them. Plus, she was more accurate in the striking exchanges.
4/15/18 1:33 PM
12/2/13

The ground is a nuetral position, top and bottom positions themselves don’t indicate offense or defense. Thats how it is suppose to be scored by thw rules.

its another example of incompetence on the part of the commissions that their judges dont score that position correctly. When casey was getting a better of the striking, Michelle did fantastic in secoring the takedown. However, once on the ground, casey was producing the most offense, and michelle found herself defending attacks untill her opponent got herself back to her feet. 

I scored the fight for Casey.