UnderGround Forums NFL Star Greg Hardy wins by KO signs with UFC

Edited: 8 days ago
7/15/04

Greg Hardy scores emphatic knockout win on Dana White's Contender Series, earns UFC deal

Greg Hardy, the former NFL All-Pro defensive end, punched his ticket to the UFC with an emphatic TKO victory over fellow ex-NFL player Austen Lane tonight at Dana White's Contender Series 9.

The event took place at The Ultimate Fighter Gym and streamed live on UFC Fight Pass.

"I'm ready for the big show," Hardy said after his win. "I love the opportunity. I train at the best gym in the world, and I have full confidence and faith that those guys are there to get me ready for whatever comes next."

What comes next will be up to UFC President Dana White, who awarded Hardy a contract afterward.

Hardy, who trains with American Top Team, came out throwing heavy hands early, but Lane responded, leading to a brief exchange between the two big men. 

Moments later, the fight was over when Hardy landed a huge right hook across the chin that dropped Lane to one knee. He bounced back up only to eat a left that put him down for good, forcing the referee to stop the fight at the 57-second mark of Round 1.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/greg-hardy-tko-win-dana-white-contender-series-ufc-contract

7/15/04

Get to know Greg Hardy in his pre-fight interview and his thoughts on the transition to MMA from the NFL:

8 days ago
5/18/12

Hardy is a POS

7/15/04
Dana White on Greg Hardy:

"If you talk to anybody he trains with, male or female, they say that he's a very good guy. He's very humble. Everybody deserves a second chance."

"The guy was never charged with anything, he was never sentenced or anything like that. We're going to give him a shot."

http://www.sportingnews.com/mma/news/ufc-dana-white-greg-hardy-austen-lane-fight-second-chance-nfl-news/7z6u91jk3q8s16jyup97ryh9k
8 days ago
5/18/11
Jhay -

Hardy is a POS

Yes, but he's cagefighting so idgaf.

8 days ago
5/13/05

Hardy could tool some HW's already signed to the UFC. I can't think of a higher level athlete that has competed in the HW division. He is an All Pro talent and we have wondered for years what it would look like if legit NFL caliber athletes competed in the UFC. We are about to see now.

8 days ago
8/19/15
cyberc92 -

Hardy could tool some HW's already signed to the UFC. I can't think of a higher level athlete that has competed in the HW division. He is an All Pro talent and we have wondered for years what it would look like if legit NFL caliber athletes competed in the UFC. We are about to see now.

Agreed, I mean look how quickly Ngannou rose to the top of the division, the age of the super athlete heavyweight is upon us. 

8 days ago
8/19/15

To all the haters it’s a good thing it’s cage fighting and not underwater feminist ballet dancing. 

8 days ago
5/13/05
Politically Incorrect -
cyberc92 -

Agreed, I mean look how quickly Ngannou rose to the top of the division, the age of the super athlete heavyweight is upon us. 

I stated in another thread that if you give Hardy the following fights he can easily be 6-0 with 6 knockouts: Rashad Coulter, Chris De la Rocha, Daniel Spitz, Mark Godbeer, Cyril Asker, and Chase Sherman.

5/13/05
cyberc92 -
Politically Incorrect -
cyberc92 -

I stated in another thread that if you give Hardy the following fights he can easily be 6-0 with 6 knockouts: Rashad Coulter, Chris De la Rocha, Daniel Spitz, Mark Godbeer, Cyril Asker, and Chase Sherman.

I can add some more to that list from my prevoius post Justin Willis, Allen Crowder, and James Mulheron. I would expect him to be top 10 within 2 years.

8 days ago
1/1/01

8 days ago
7/15/04
8 days ago
7/15/04
Edited: 7 days ago
12/28/12
TexDeuce - Dana White on Greg Hardy:

"If you talk to anybody he trains with, male or female, they say that he's a very good guy. He's very humble. Everybody deserves a second chance."

"The guy was never charged with anything, he was never sentenced or anything like that. We're going to give him a shot."

http://www.sportingnews.com/mma/news/ufc-dana-white-greg-hardy-austen-lane-fight-second-chance-nfl-news/7z6u91jk3q8s16jyup97ryh9k

egg is working so hard to defend hardy he is just babbling

what an embarrassment 

1/23/06

All the haters are going to mad because this guy has beaten up more women than they've had sex with, 1.

7 days ago
1/1/01
Great news! UFC hypocrisy paying off for the fans of the heavyweight division. I'm critical of lots of UFC decisions, this is one I really like.
7 days ago
12/9/13

he gets smoked by a real fighter, UFC is going to give him an easy path

7 days ago
7/15/04
7/15/04
7 days ago
1/23/06
Morpheus1976 - 

he gets smoked by a real fighter, UFC is going to give him an easy path

Hardy just fought a real fighter in Austen Lane who was 4-0, former NFL himself, coming off a win over a 3-0 fighter.
7 days ago
7/15/04
7 days ago
3/21/12
How old is Hardy these days? He has to be at least 30, I remember watching him play basketball at Ole Miss.
7 days ago
7/15/04
7 days ago
7/15/04
7 days ago
7/15/04
TzTinkle - How old is Hardy these days? He has to be at least 30, I remember watching him play basketball at Ole Miss.

He's 29 years old.