UnderGround Forums Nate is too much like Nick sadly

Edited: 24 days ago
5/27/09

Sitting on his ass in the prime of his career. I love watching these two fight as well. But with the news that Nate turned down a WW title shot I left dumbfounded. Of course Nate has made a boat load of money in his 2 McG fights but he's been inactive ever since.

There are half a dozen big time main event fights for Nate to take right now but he doesn't seem interested. As a fan I feel jilted cause I'd love to see Nate fight same for Nick but he can't stop getting himself suspended to fight these days.

Nick hasn't fought in so long casual fans have forgotten what he looks like.

24 days ago
8/19/17

I agree. I've given up all hope on Nick fighting again. In my book he is flat out retired. Nate is a 50/50 shot at best. I'm doubtful that he will ever fight anyone besides conor again. 

24 days ago
8/17/17
Jack Skellington -

Sitting on his ass in the prime of his career. I love watching these two fight as well. But with the news that Nate turned down a WW title shot I left dumbfounded. Of course Nate has made a boat load of money in his 2 McG fights but he's been inactive ever since.

There are half a dozen big time main event fights for Nate to take right now but he doesn't seem interested. As a fan I feel jilted cause I'd love to see Nate fight same for Nick but he can't stop getting himself suspended to fight these days.

Nick hasn't fought in so long casual fans have forgotten what he looks like.

As a huge fan and someone from the same area as them it's really shitty for Diaz brother fans right now just like you said,it really Pisses me off that he is acting just like his brother always does,acting like he's bigger than the ufc since he had those two huge fights...we get it,u deserve alot of money to fight,but he's just gonna end up sitting out for years and then when he finally takes a fight he will be rusty and out of his prime,so he will get a bad beat down...super shitty.
24 days ago
9/9/14
Nates not exactly fast twitch he'll be able to fight into his 40s if he really wanted too especially with these breaks. Not like he's relying on hand speed, strength , quickness.

24 days ago
7/18/11

I hate it too. Then again, both of them could have brain problems down the road as it is with the hits they’ve taken so it makes sense to be careful about their long term health. No amount of money can reverse permanent brain issues. 

I doubt he’s flat out refused the Woodley fight either.,,I would imagine it’s still in negotiations. 

23 days ago
7/26/15

He knows that if he loses, the Conor fight will never happen. And he is smart to turn the Woodley fight down. Woodley would beat the dog shit out of Nate.  

23 days ago
7/18/11
NBKfanforlife -

He knows that if he loses, the Conor fight will never happen. And he is smart to turn the Woodley fight down. Woodley would beat the dog shit out of Nate.  

Oh yeah, the Conor fight would still happen and Nate would whoop the dogshit out of him at 155 worse than he did at 170!

23 days ago
1/23/06
Looks to me like he's starting camp and is about to accept the Woodley fight if he feels right or something
23 days ago
1/1/01

It's sad too because these guys will wake up one day in the near future and regret not getting the money that was available to them. They've done well, but not retire at 30 well. Both will be broke with no good financial prospects and it's their fault.

23 days ago
1/18/14

They are both beautiful disasters.  Equally frustrating and entertaining.  Classic characters in MMA history.

23 days ago
11/28/03

nate just got a giant payday, probably doesnt have to fight again unless he wants to

i dont think he will do it for a normal payday

23 days ago
6/23/14
mada -

It's sad too because these guys will wake up one day in the near future and regret not getting the money that was available to them. They've done well, but not retire at 30 well. Both will be broke with no good financial prospects and it's their fault.

They may not give a fuck about having hundreds of millions? Who knows maybe they hired finicial advisors to help manage the millions they already made. Not everybody's sole purpose in life is to make a shit load of money that won't mean shit when they die. I'm sure they won't be starving anytime soon.
23 days ago
6/7/05
I'm happy for them that they are making choices they are happy with and preserving their brains instead of just automatically thinking about their money and fame first. As a fan I'd like to see them fight more often, but they dont owe me or anyone that.
23 days ago
5/8/16
Bojack Horseman - Nates not exactly fast twitch he'll be able to fight into his 40s if he really wanted too especially with these breaks. Not like he's relying on hand speed, strength , quickness.

Something else will breakdown at 40. It's too old. All the leg kicks he has taken and will take if he ever fights again, all that running and biking shit will wear u out too.
23 days ago
6/16/07
Dick Niaz -

They are both beautiful disasters.  Equally frustrating and entertaining.  Classic characters in MMA history.

Yeah that's about right.
23 days ago
2/28/13

They've made it pretty clear that they don't enjoy fighting and only do it for the money

23 days ago
9/27/15
Woodley/Nate makes no sense anyways do let the Diaz bros sit on the sideline..

These fighters are starting to price themselves out of range sever since Conor
23 days ago
1/1/01
WattMell -
mada -

They may not give a fuck about having hundreds of millions? Who knows maybe they hired finicial advisors to help manage the millions they already made. Not everybody's sole purpose in life is to make a shit load of money that won't mean shit when they die. I'm sure they won't be starving anytime soon.

Maybe you're right. However, once you've had millions, going backwards financially is very different than never having it at all. At the end of the day they should do what they want and accept their success and failure equally. 

23 days ago
5/27/09

McGregor - Nate 3 for McGregor's LW Title seems to be the only fight Nate wants.

23 days ago
2/1/08
WattMell - 
mada -

I would think more than money, who wants to look back at their career when they're old and think, "Oh yeah, I turned DOWN a chance to be champion?"

You have to be so competitive to make it at the highest levels in this sport, it just seems crazy to me to turn down a title shot in the hopes that MAYBE a bigger money fight is still waiting out there.
23 days ago
6/16/04
sadic1 - I'm happy for them that they are making choices they are happy with and preserving their brains instead of just automatically thinking about their money and fame first. As a fan I'd like to see them fight more often, but they dont owe me or anyone that.

This.
23 days ago
7/10/02
sadic1 - I'm happy for them that they are making choices they are happy with and preserving their brains instead of just automatically thinking about their money and fame first. As a fan I'd like to see them fight more often, but they dont owe me or anyone that.

Well that all depends on the way they TRAIN. So they are not fighting, but if their training involves a lot of hard sparring then their strategy might not be so great.

And even if I didn't get 3M like my last fight, I'm not one to pass on 500+K either! It's not like they have tons of money making options!
23 days ago
12/25/05
Bojack Horseman - Nates not exactly fast twitch he'll be able to fight into his 40s if he really wanted too especially with these breaks. Not like he's relying on hand speed, strength , quickness.

With that being the case dont you think that he will only get slower with time?
23 days ago
10/6/14
The diaz bros arent old but they do have some mileage on them. Hard to want to keep getting hit in the face when youve been in that many wars and have money in the bank. This is why gsp stepped away. Im sure it becomes a grind after that long
23 days ago
7/18/11
Jack Skellington -

McGregor - Nate 3 for McGregor's LW Title seems to be the only fight Nate wants.

I think he’ll take any fight if the money is right, but the Conor fight is the only one that will make enough money in sales to justify giving him what he wants.