UnderGround Forums No PPV record for Conor vs May

12/14/17 7:32 PM
12/9/13

UFC president Dana White assured everyone that the number broke the PPV all-time record held by Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao in 2015, and said it did 6.7 million globally (this officially released number is just for North America). Showtime exec Stephen Espinoza played it a little closer to the vest, saying he wasn’t sure but it looked like it could break the record.

Now we know. According to a press release by Showtime, who aired the fight, the buyrate was 4.3 million. That comes up a bit short of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which did 4.6 million.

Showtime also stated that the event brought in over 600 million dollars, as did May-Pac. The total gate was 55,414,865.79, good for second all-time in Nevada behind - you guessed it, Floyd vs. Manny, which did $72,198,500.

The PPV numbers counted regular PPV orders in the US and Canada, along with orders through Showtime’s app and UFC.tv. Many people had issues ordering through UFC.tv on fight night, and which that probably didn’t make a massive difference, it was a hindrance at the time.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/14/16778980/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-ppv-4-3-million-buys-showtime-mma-boxing-ufc-news?utm_campaign=bloodyelbow&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

12/14/17 8:07 PM
9/7/14

Dana said worldwide PPV. You are talking about  just U.S.

12/14/17 8:09 PM
1/7/09

Well shit, should we setup a go fund me for Conor?

12/14/17 8:24 PM
1/26/08
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

OP is just a hater of everything UFC

12/14/17 8:41 PM
7/8/09
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

OP is an idiot. White says they 6.7 million worldwide. OP proceeds to talk about U.S record not being broken. Let's set up that gofund me for Conor.
12/14/17 8:44 PM
1/1/01
TheDecider -

Well shit, should we setup a go fund me for Conor?

LOL
12/14/17 8:45 PM
4/14/09

The UG is truly an amazing place.

”Aha!!! You only had the second most financially lucrative combat sports event in North American history (though maybe #1 globally when considering international sales)!!! Bunch of losers!!!”

12/14/17 8:54 PM
9/22/11
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

OP is an idiot. White says they 6.7 million worldwide. OP proceeds to talk about U.S record not being broken. Let's set up that gofund me for Conor.
You guys sound like bullies...l am going to set up a go fund me for op.
12/14/17 9:34 PM
5/21/12
BringBackGoldy -
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

Set up a go fuck me for him while you’re at it. STD infested males may only apply.

12/14/17 9:35 PM
5/21/12
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

He’s consistent though, you have to give him that

12/14/17 10:03 PM
2/24/07
Funny all reports I’ve read have been 4.3m buys, except for Dana, who says 6.7m.

And since the beginning of time, a Ppv number is listed. For the first time ever it’s “well that was just N America and the real number is way higher.” Why didn’t the ufc break down the worldwide vs N America numbers for all other ppvs? Just this one? If ufc 100 did 1.6m worldwide, what are the N America numbers? If Floyd vs Manny was 4.6m worldwide, where are just the N America numbers?
12/14/17 10:53 PM
7/12/12
FrontBroRian - Funny all reports I’ve read have been 4.3m buys, except for Dana, who says 6.7m.

And since the beginning of time, a Ppv number is listed. For the first time ever it’s “well that was just N America and the real number is way higher.” Why didn’t the ufc break down the worldwide vs N America numbers for all other ppvs? Just this one? If ufc 100 did 1.6m worldwide, what are the N America numbers? If Floyd vs Manny was 4.6m worldwide, where are just the N America numbers?

Dana is full of it...

Anyway Dana White has put the entire sport of boxing in his champion’s rear-view and stated that Conor is not going to box next.

Check it out:

He’s not Boxing anyone so calm down cry babies.”

ScottA.Morang @ScottaMorang
Replying to @s_oakleysworld and 7 others

I agree with you. I’m not a Conor fan. I just think Dana’s going to nothing unfortunately.

Dana White?
@danawhite

He’s not Boxing anyone so calm down cry babies.
12/14/17 11:54 PM
12/9/13
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

fuck you shill, its an article from bloodyelbow, just take their credentials, then

12/14/17 11:55 PM
12/9/13
Fedoral Crime -
BringBackGoldy -
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

Set up a go fuck me for him while you’re at it. STD infested males may only apply.

i am going to fuck you first!

12/15/17 12:53 AM
5/21/12
Morpheus1976 -
Fedoral Crime -
BringBackGoldy -
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Rizz -

Exactly

he made that clear 

i am going to fuck you first!

You can’t fuck me, I’m saving myself for someone special

12/15/17 1:03 AM
9/24/12

Hold on, what am i missing on on here. The fight did an official 4.3 million in North America and Sky Sports in the UK confirmed that it broke their previous PPV record by selling over 1 million in the UK, so that mean it did at the very least 5.3 million taking into account just those 2 markets.

12/15/17 5:42 AM
12/31/10
Johnzandt -

Hold on, what am i missing on on here. The fight did an official 4.3 million in North America and Sky Sports in the UK confirmed that it broke their previous PPV record by selling over 1 million in the UK, so that mean it did at the very least 5.3 million taking into account just those 2 markets.

North America market vs Global Market.

12/15/17 8:00 AM
7/23/15

Dana is such a fucking Liar. Don't believe his lies guys.

12/15/17 8:29 AM
4/19/17
It's funny that the haters refuse to believe that this was the biggest fight of all time. Keep focusing on the North American numbers while they are cashing checks worldwide.....and have you even thought about the online streaming revenue they have been bringing in? People keep forgetting that those numbers are getting bigger all the time for people that don't order through cable. They 100% own the end total numbers for biggest fight ever, so stop trying to create your own narrative.
12/15/17 8:54 AM
7/20/09
SlickRick01 -

The UG is truly an amazing place.

”Aha!!! You only had the second most financially lucrative combat sports event in North American history (though maybe #1 globally when considering international sales)!!! Bunch of losers!!!”

This. I'm not surprised though. An MMA fighter used his career to build the second highest PPV of all time. It's huge. It means there is more opportunity in MMA than people believed. It might even improve the talent we see a few years down the line.
12/15/17 9:10 AM
2/24/07
Lights Out Lurker - It's funny that the haters refuse to believe that this was the biggest fight of all time. Keep focusing on the North American numbers while they are cashing checks worldwide.....and have you even thought about the online streaming revenue they have been bringing in? People keep forgetting that those numbers are getting bigger all the time for people that don't order through cable. They 100% own the end total numbers for biggest fight ever, so stop trying to create your own narrative.

So for all of the other fights, what are the global numbers.

Conor/May was listed at 4.3m, May/Manny was 4.6m, Brock/Mir was 1.6m, Conor/Eddie (or 2nd Nate fight) was 1.6m, etc...

Those are all the numbers listed.

So what are the global number for all other PPV's? Why is this the only one in history that has a N America vs global number?
12/15/17 1:22 PM
7/12/15
Rizz -

morpheus gonna morpheus
12/15/17 1:41 PM
1/1/01
so in his first (any only) boxing match, Conor only had the 2nd largest ppv number? What a bum!
12/15/17 1:48 PM
5/19/17
StankieEdgar - 
Rizz -

morpheus gonna morpheus

Also you guys should know we dont pay what you pay in U.S.  We pay £20 for payper view - about $27.  

12/15/17 1:56 PM
9/28/13
FrontBroRian -
Lights Out Lurker - It's funny that the haters refuse to believe that this was the biggest fight of all time. Keep focusing on the North American numbers while they are cashing checks worldwide.....and have you even thought about the online streaming revenue they have been bringing in? People keep forgetting that those numbers are getting bigger all the time for people that don't order through cable. They 100% own the end total numbers for biggest fight ever, so stop trying to create your own narrative.

So for all of the other fights, what are the global numbers.

Conor/May was listed at 4.3m, May/Manny was 4.6m, Brock/Mir was 1.6m, Conor/Eddie (or 2nd Nate fight) was 1.6m, etc...

Those are all the numbers listed.

So what are the global number for all other PPV's? Why is this the only one in history that has a N America vs global number?

exactly. Never in the history of PPV numbers did anybody ever talk about Worldwide numbers until Dana said that. 

He likely knew it would fall short of the number that literally was the ONLY number ever talked about and then just made up that worldwide stat. It did less numbers in the US than May/Pac, did a smaller gate but somehow is automatically higher than May/Pac worldwide?

People act like Pacquiao and Mayweather also arent international stars. Hell, Pacman was so popular in his country that he became and elected offical, a movie star and superstar Singer (and he cant even sing).