UnderGround Forums Pereira reacts to Sanchez DQ loss

2/17/20 1:06 PM
1/1/01

High-flying Brazilian welterweight Michel Pereira lost at Saturday's UFC on ESPN+ 25 via DQ, after he kneed a downed Diego Sanchez in the face. The fight doc ruled Sanchez could continue, but The Nightmare had 107 carrots not to, and countless sticks, both during the fight and across an extraordinarily gallant career.

Pereira was not impressed.

"Diego Sanchez entered the octagon like a rooster and left like a chicken," wrote Pereira on his social network.

2/17/20 1:26 PM
1/4/20

Agreed

2/17/20 1:29 PM
1/15/07

He also left with an extra 100K lol. 

2/17/20 1:30 PM
9/4/16

I felt he looked kind of foolish in that fight. Diego seemed completely off and yet Pereira would not capitalize on this. He'd rather do some flashy stuff that basically did nothing than concentrate on finishing the fight

2/17/20 1:39 PM
1/28/12
GabeyC -

I felt he looked kind of foolish in that fight. Diego seemed completely off and yet Pereira would not capitalize on this. He'd rather do some flashy stuff that basically did nothing than concentrate on finishing the fight

He finished it alright 

2/17/20 1:44 PM
9/4/16
razrtyrone -
GabeyC -

He finished it alright 

You mean with the illegal knee? As far as I know, he didn't win.

He could've finished the fight way before that anyway IMO.

2/17/20 1:45 PM
1/11/17

Pretty bold for a dude that blatently cheated.
What did he want? To land 2 illegal shots to end the fight and Diego to let him walk away with the win?

YOU broke the rules and in doing so caused a lot of damage. The damage was such that your  opponent was unlikely to recover and even if they did, it will still have taken a lot out of them.

If he walked away with a win after that, what kind of precedent does it set?

Dude should be apologising to Sanchez for ruining the fight.

2/17/20 1:54 PM
9/3/12

Mike has nobody to blame but himself, next time he should fight smarter and not do illegal shit.  

2/17/20 1:56 PM
9/14/19
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

What did he want? To land 2 illegal shots to end the fight and Diego to let him walk away with the win?

YOU broke the rules and in doing so caused a lot of damage. The damage was such that your  opponent was unlikely to recover and even if they did, it will still have taken a lot out of them.

Exactly 

what a pussy to cheat and then call the other guy a chicken lmao

what a joke !!

there have been many fighters that have never made that kneeing a grounded fighter foul

what an idiot Perreira is 

2/17/20 2:07 PM
1/11/17
MMA Experience -
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

Exactly 

what a joke !!

there have been many fighters that have never made that kneeing a grounded fighter foul

And it wasn't one of those cases where it was questionable, or the opponent was fucking around putting their hands down. It was the most blatent kneeing in the head of a grounded opponent I have seen.

2/17/20 2:25 PM
11/28/03

looked like  he was about to finish diego b4 the knee

2/17/20 2:40 PM
8/3/11

Guy was two times bigger in there and fooling around with flashy shit, screw this "reaction"

2/17/20 3:57 PM
11/20/09

Colby Covington and Kamaru Usmans stock both went up after their fight.

Diego and Perreira both had their stock go down after this fight.

2/17/20 4:08 PM
1/15/07
ShoreBreaker - 

Mike has nobody to blame but himself, next time he should fight smarter and not do illegal shit.  

Agreed. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory due to his own stupidity lol. 

2/17/20 4:23 PM
8/20/03

What a moron.

You lost due to your own stupidity.

Edited: 2/17/20 4:36 PM
4/21/12

Quite a 2-fight streak Michel is on:

• Misses weight for previous fight, costing him a percentage of his show money.
  • Loses previous fight, costing himself his win money.
  • Ineligible for performance bonus, and his opponent got the entire $100K FOTN money.\
  • Knees a downed opponent in his last fight (which he was probably winning on points) and loses fight, costing himself his win money.
  • Opponent gets a DQ win, along with about $100K win money.

Summary: Over his past 2 fights he's cost himself about $70,000 to $100,000, and he's helped his opponents each receive more than $100,000. It's like he's a charity or something.

2/17/20 4:46 PM
10/3/11

I'm already sick of Perreira and his useless jumping 

2/17/20 4:47 PM
1/15/07
Tug Dabone - 

Quite a 2-fight streak Michel is on:

• Misses weight for previous fight, costing him a percentage of his show money.
  • Loses previous fight, costing himself his win money.
  • Ineligible for performance bonus, and his opponent got the entire $100K FOTN money.\
  • Knees a downed opponent in his last fight (which he was probably winning on points) and loses fight, costing himself his win money.
  • Opponent gets a DQ win, along with about $100K win money.

Summary: Over his past 2 fights he's cost himself about $70,000 to $100,000, and he's helped his opponents each receive more than $100,000. It's like he's a charity or something.

Haha damn. 

2/17/20 4:51 PM
7/19/13

Agreed with the entered as a rooster left as a chicken comment. But also point out that Pereira entered as a clown and left as a sad clown. That dude is stupid af and deserved to lose.

Edited: 2/18/20 9:18 AM
9/9/08

I think it’s incredibly bad taste to say anything other than sorry after you pull illegal shit like that. Regardless of intent, it’s an illegal strike. It obviously connected, no none but Diego knows how badly he was hurt. 

especially in a fight where it was obvious that he could have finished him much earlier on, Perreira needs to stop trying to flip and just focus on the fight. Dudes a clown, and has no class! 

2/17/20 6:26 PM
3/11/11

Diego has given us many years of great fights. The guy is a legend. About time he made the smart choice and walk away with the win. Another loss and Dana probably would have retired him. 

I wasn't happy with how it ended, but I understand 1000%. 

2/17/20 6:51 PM
5/21/12
KnockoutThoughts -

Agreed with the entered as a rooster left as a chicken comment. But also point out that Pereira entered as a clown and left as a sad clown. That dude is stupid af and deserved to lose.

This, this and this. I was never happier to see a fighter win on a DQ cos not only did this idiot Perreira hit him with an illegal knee and deserve to be DQ’d, but he came in looking like a LHW and that dancing shit at the start told me everything I need to know about what type of idiot this guy is.

Serious question, could he be the dumbest fighter in the UFC?

2/18/20 6:10 PM
1/26/08
Left_Hook_Cemetery -
MMA Experience -
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

Exactly 

what a joke !!

And it wasn't one of those cases where it was questionable, or the opponent was fucking around putting their hands down. It was the most blatent kneeing in the head of a grounded opponent I have seen.

Way to show everyone your a newb. One of the most blatant knees you’ve seen? When did you start watching MMA 30 minutes before the fight because there was a more blatant one earlier on same card. Seriously you can see more blatant ones all the damn time. Plz watch more MMA before commenting in the future 

2/18/20 6:23 PM
1/1/01

Translation:   "Well shit.  I wouldn't have thrown the illegal strike if I knew Diego wasn't going to let me get away with it."

Edited: 2/18/20 6:35 PM
1/11/17
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Left_Hook_Cemetery -
MMA Experience -
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

Exactly 

what a joke !!

Way to show everyone your a newb. One of the most blatant knees you’ve seen? When did you start watching MMA 30 minutes before the fight because there was a more blatant one earlier on same card. Seriously you can see more blatant ones all the damn time. Plz watch more MMA before commenting in the future 

I'm not a newb (but what if I was, what's the prize here?), been around long enough to know you're nothing but a shill. If you have an opinion on what happened express it.

If you are so offended by my statement, how about you post some more egregious illegal knees, and stop acting like a teenage bitch, you dumb cunt.