UnderGround Forums Remember when Wand put it on Werdum in sparring?

23 days ago
6/28/10

23 days ago
8/19/17

Nice video!

23 days ago
1/16/05

It would look muuuuuch different today. 

That’s like someone having a video of me rolling as a white belt. 

23 days ago
4/11/10

The juice was flowing freely back then

23 days ago
1/23/06
That's the Wand Franklin beat twice.
23 days ago
1/17/03
that went on daily there
23 days ago
6/28/10
Kostakio -

Agree

23 days ago
1/21/17

i read a story somewhere that shogun and wand wanted the same dog for a pet so they sportingly settled it in sparring and shogun got Ko'd so Wand kept the dog.

23 days ago
1/21/17

A nice little story here for the people who didn’t hear this yet, and I don’t know if we said it on air, so I will write it down just to make sure.

Mauricio had a nest of pit-bull puppies and Wanderlei wanted to have one. Mauricio asked him $600 (for what I understand) for it, but Wanderlei said that he wanted it for free. Mauricio told him that he needed the money and that Wanderlei has money enough anyway. So Wanderlei’s response was that he wanted to fight for the puppy. If Mauricio would win, he would pay him the money, if he would win, he would get the puppy for free. Well, Wanderlei knocked Mauricio out!
If they fight like this for a puppy, how are they going to fight for the belt?! But of course there is also Arona, who is going to be HIS next opponent, is it for the belt? Time will tell.

-----

23 days ago
11/22/11
Aussie Shaun -

A nice little story here for the people who didn’t hear this yet, and I don’t know if we said it on air, so I will write it down just to make sure.

Mauricio had a nest of pit-bull puppies and Wanderlei wanted to have one. Mauricio asked him $600 (for what I understand) for it, but Wanderlei said that he wanted it for free. Mauricio told him that he needed the money and that Wanderlei has money enough anyway. So Wanderlei’s response was that he wanted to fight for the puppy. If Mauricio would win, he would pay him the money, if he would win, he would get the puppy for free. Well, Wanderlei knocked Mauricio out!
If they fight like this for a puppy, how are they going to fight for the belt?! But of course there is also Arona, who is going to be HIS next opponent, is it for the belt? Time will tell.

-----

In breaking news-water is wet.

i kid, it's actually dry. Nothing wrong with sharing old stories, someone hasn't heard it so why not.

23 days ago
1/1/01
Kostakio - 

Well of course it would look different today, Wanderlei is like 5 years older than him and in his 40s. Im pretty sure Werdum had beaten Fedor around the time of the footage so he was faaaaar from a white belt

23 days ago
1/16/05
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 

Well of course it would look different today, Wanderlei is like 5 years older than him and in his 40s. Im pretty sure Werdum had beaten Fedor around the time of the footage so he was faaaaar from a white belt

In striking? He was a white belt then. Trust me. 

23 days ago
1/1/01
Kostakio - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 

Fabricio had his first professional fight in 2002. This was uploaded in 2011

Damn bro, you were a whitebelt for 9 years?!

22 days ago
8/30/12

The fact that they spar like that without headgear is ... just wow 

22 days ago
9/9/14
FloydSavedMySN - 

The fact that they spar like that without headgear is ... just wow 

Nothing to wand those old chute boxe guys used to bang.

Wand considers that very light sparring I'm sure.
22 days ago
8/19/13
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 

I don’t know about Kostakio but Werdum definitely was.

22 days ago
1/16/05
IronWill -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps -
Kostakio - 

I don’t know about Kostakio but Werdum definitely was.

Yeap. 

He was nowhere near the level he is at now. 

Obviously, I use the term ‘white belt’ tongue-in-cheekily but the fact of the matter is he was light years behind the likes of CroCop, Wanderlei, Manhoef, etc. back then. 

22 days ago
6/9/16

When it's done and they're both slumped against the wall catching their breath, there's that quick touch of gloves as a show of respect. Nice. No hard feelings. 

22 days ago
5/7/08
Aussie Shaun -

-----

What a stupid fucking story. That was a no win situation for Shogun, who the hell would agree to that deal?