UnderGround Forums Rousey Coach and Teammate want tate to win?

1/1/14 4:05 PM
11/17/02
Anybody have a backstory to this?

http://www.grapplearts.com/Blog/2014/01/how-to-defeat-ronda-rouseys-armbar/

I don’t know the details, but something must have happened in the interim. On the night of the Rousey-Tate fight Travis tweeted he was hoping Tate would win the title. Then, just days after her victory over Miesha Tate, these two veteran judoka shot a video which takes you through defeating and escaping Ronda’s armbar. After that they got in touch with me and asked me to release it on my Youtube channel. Draw your own conclusions…
1/1/14 4:09 PM
11/23/05
lol at them taking credit for her armbar.

If anything they're bitter..
Edited: 1/1/14 4:38 PM
10/27/13
Didn't most of the Judo community turn their backs on Ronda when she left for MMA? Must sting to see her become more successful on her own. I'll laugh if McMann brings Travis in for her camp and Ronda still wins in dominant fashion.
1/1/14 4:40 PM
1/1/01
I know Travis very well. He is not one to mince words and is no fan of Ronda. They lived together at the judo house at Jimmy Pedro's and I don't think Ronda left on the best of terms. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:42 PM
6/15/13
Joe Lauzon - I know Travis very well. He is not one to mince words and is no fan of Ronda. They lived together at the judo house at Jimmy Pedro's and I don't think Ronda left on the best of terms. Phone Post 3.0
VU thanks for clarifying gotta love Joe! Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:45 PM
10/27/13
Joe Lauzon - I know Travis very well. He is not one to mince words and is no fan of Ronda. They lived together at the judo house at Jimmy Pedro's and I don't think Ronda left on the best of terms. Phone Post 3.0

So this is a personal matter? Or he's just pissed that she quit judo for MMA?
1/1/14 4:47 PM
1/1/01
Genghis84 -
Joe Lauzon - I know Travis very well. He is not one to mince words and is no fan of Ronda. They lived together at the judo house at Jimmy Pedro's and I don't think Ronda left on the best of terms. Phone Post 3.0

So this is a personal matter? Or he's just pissed that she quit judo for MMA?
I don't think he cares at all about her leaving judo or pursuing anything... I think it's all personal. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:48 PM
1/1/01
devils advocate -

Ronda didn't leave on the best of terms?

I don't believe it

Such a stretch. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 4:57 PM
1/1/01
Apparently a large stick went missing from Jimmy's house and there are suspicions Honda stole it. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 5:10 PM
8/4/11
Joe Lauzon - I know Travis very well. He is not one to mince words and is no fan of Ronda. They lived together at the judo house at Jimmy Pedro's and I don't think Ronda left on the best of terms. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure it was due to the editing making her look bad Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 1/1/14 5:28 PM
10/27/13
Joe Lauzon - "I don't think he cares at all about her leaving judo or pursuing anything... I think it's all personal."

Okay. I only asked because Ronda has said the judo community pretty much disowned her back then. They sounded very bitter over the way she left (especially the ones in Boston). She goes into great detail about the subject in this interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDKnroeMEqY (go to 0:32:58)
1/1/14 5:33 PM
10/27/13
thiaspy - Maybe it's because she showed her ass around the judo community in Boston Phone Post 3.0

Success is the best revenge. I hope she keeps winning. Then the judo community can keep taking credit for her (as they grow more and more bitter).
1/1/14 5:36 PM
10/11/02
thiaspy - Maybe it's because she showed her ass around the judo community in Boston Phone Post 3.0
Is this a figure of speech I'm not getting? Phone Post
1/1/14 5:36 PM
11/30/13
Genghis84 - Joe Lauzon - "I don't think he cares at all about her leaving judo or pursuing anything... I think it's all personal."

Okay. I only asked because Ronda has said the judo community pretty much disowned her back then. They sounded very bitter over the way she left (especially the ones in Boston). She goes into great detail about the subject in this interview...

Interesting. Thanks for link.
1/1/14 5:37 PM
10/24/10
Not surprising considering Ronda shits on USA Judo every chance she gets. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 5:38 PM
10/24/10
slowdiver -
thiaspy - Maybe it's because she showed her ass around the judo community in Boston Phone Post 3.0
Is this a figure of speech I'm not getting? Phone Post
Basically means acting like jackass. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 5:53 PM
10/27/13
blueberrycoconutmilk - 
Genghis84 - Joe Lauzon - "I don't think he cares at all about her leaving judo or pursuing anything... I think it's all personal."

Interesting. Thanks for link.

It's a very long interview (close to 80 minutes), but definitely worth listening to. Unlike most of the past ones she's done, this is very serious and touches on everything that's happened to her... childhood, problems with her mother, dad's death, burnt bridges with the judo community, etc.
Edited: 1/1/14 6:00 PM
6/16/07
could this be linked to the usa judo sex abuse scandal?

http://fightlinker.com/ronda-rousey-threw-an-alleged-perv-out-of-judo/

maybe they had a difference of opinion.
1/1/14 6:00 PM
10/27/13
tbi0904 - Not surprising considering Ronda shits on USA Judo every chance she gets. Phone Post 3.0

Meh. Ronda destroyed her body for the sport and got very little in return. She owes them nothing. It's pathetic that some of them want to see her fail so bad.
1/1/14 6:01 PM
8/13/11
Interesting, more and more seems to be coming out about Ronda and her past friendships or relationships with people. John Fuller, who is either a publicist or manager for Carlos Condit and Pirate's player Adrew McCutchen mentioned a while back that he has known Rousey for almost 10 years and had some choice words to say. Read here: https://twitter.com/fullerjoh/status/390836193266384896

Anyways, interesting tutorial.
1/1/14 6:01 PM
6/16/07
not saying anyone did anything, but personal ties could run deep.
1/1/14 6:03 PM
10/21/13
absolutesperry - Apparently a large stick went missing from Jimmy's house and there are suspicions Honda stole it. Phone Post 3.0

LOL

We all know where she hid it
1/1/14 6:15 PM
5/12/03
It seems to me that that there are more than a few rifts in the Judo community. Let me say that I am not, nor have I ever been a good (let alone high level) Judoka. However, I've trained in a couple of dojos that have had some elite level Judoka training there (multiple time national champs, national & world team members, Olympians and the like). I've been friends with them, drank too much with them and spent many hours in their circles. It's clear that these folks are highly competitive and intense. Sometimes the personal shit isn't left on the mats. I won't repeat stories that I didn't live through because I wasn't there and I don't want to betray my friends' trust. But the rivalries are real, intense & long lasting. Phone Post 3.0
1/1/14 6:23 PM
2/10/06
mm370 - 
I'm sure it was due to the editing making her look bad Phone Post 3.0

LOL! Voted up!

Cindy

1/1/14 6:30 PM
10/27/13
json123 - Interesting, more and more seems to be coming out about Ronda and her past friendships or relationships with people. John Fuller, who is either a publicist or manager for Carlos Condit and Pirate's player Adrew McCutchen mentioned a while back that he has known Rousey for almost 10 years and had some choice words to say. Read here: https://twitter.com/fullerjoh/status/390836193266384896

Anyways, interesting tutorial.

Noticed he was pimping Miesha on twitter. Now he's rooting for Sara and predicting she'll win. Two months from now he'll probably be doing the same for Cat.