UnderGround Forums Roy Nelson's Vegas business is cooler than yours

7 days ago
12/3/08

Bellator MMA heavyweight Roy ‘Big Country’ Nelson does it his way.

In a sport dominated by wrestling, boxing, and BJJ, Nelson started in Kung Fu, and still practices the art. In a sport dominated by the UFC, he has moved to Bellator. And in a sport where few fighters are using their income to plan ahead, Nelson is. And as he explains on Bellator 183 In Focus, one of his commercial efforts is like nothing else.

“One thing I’ve been blessed with, being a professional fighter, being a professional athlete, is that it’s allowed me to become a better businessman,” said Nelson. “Because it has allowed me to do things that I’ve always wanted to do.”

“For me, Hog Car Tours is really simple. It’s amazing tours, with food. It’s one of my many businesses that I have in my portfolio.”

(3:03 mark)

The next time you go to Vegas, to HAVE to do Hog Car Tours. It’s $135 per person to drive a pink open-air Hog Car on a guided, personalized tour of some of the most well-known—and not-so-well-known—sights on the Strip.

There are several tours including the night light tour, the old Vegas and mobster tour, Big Country’s fantasy tour, and the food tour which stops at joints like Rollin Smoke BBQ, rated the “best ‘dam’ barbecue in Las Vegas,” and chic locales like Jean-Phillipe Patisserie in the Bellagio Hotel, featuring the world’s largest chocolate fountain.

So once again, the next time you go to Vegas, to HAVE TO DO Hog Car Tours.

And returning from pleasure to fighting, Nelson fights Javy Ayala at Bellator 183 on September 23, 2017!

7 days ago
1/21/17

yeah like thats going to be a long term investment.

what is wrong with these fuck wits.

7 days ago
1/27/12

to HAVE to do Hog Car Tours.

to HAVE TO DO Hog Car Tours.

7 days ago
10/10/06
King Mo fan -

to HAVE to do Hog Car Tours.

to HAVE TO DO Hog Car Tours.

At least he's consistent 

7 days ago
12/17/06
Respectfully disagree.
7 days ago
6/5/15
Aussie Shaun - 

it looks like fun.
7 days ago
7/8/17

I give it 3 months

7 days ago
6/13/15

He is probably the laziest pro fighter to ever grace a gym. He came down for a couple camps. What you see is exactly why.

7 days ago
1/20/12
I thought he was going to show us his hawg. Color me disappointed.
7 days ago
7/22/05

Edited: 7 days ago
6/28/10
Aussie Shaun -

Why does it have to be long term if it makes a profit and he gets out, how is that a bad thing? UGers giving financial tips, I've seen it all now

7 days ago
6/4/09

I live in vegas and that company is not profitable.  Too many guys have tried it.  Insurance is too high, a whole laundry list of shit that goes wrong...

7 days ago
7/22/05
7 days ago
7/22/05

7 days ago
10/21/11

I've only been to vegas once but I remember it being hot and humid as fuck. Is the traffic good enough to keep those little cars moving and wind blowing in your face? As otherwise, fuck that.

7 days ago
9/8/02

I like this business model in just about any other place than Las Vegas. Too much substance abuse and drunk people. Wouldn't want my family driving some small, unsafe, "scooter" down the strip. The heat alone should be a good reason not to do this, but then factor in drinking, homelessness etc, and maybe not a great idea for that location. 

Seattle, where everyone is on bikes to begin with might be better. 

7 days ago
4/7/08
Blunderhooks - 

I've only been to vegas once but I remember it being hot and humid as fuck. Is the traffic good enough to keep those little cars moving and wind blowing in your face? As otherwise, fuck that.

I assure you that it wasn't humid.  Most likely you just experienced extreme heat that you weren't used to.

My initial reaction was to shit on this idea because why not just walk the strip but after reading the reviews and watching the videos I have to say why the hell not?  It looks like fun.

6 days ago
7/22/05

6 days ago
7/22/05

6 days ago
4/25/11
Blunderhooks -

Humid? Were you visiting from Saudi Arabia?

6 days ago
10/21/11
Triple_B -
Blunderhooks -

Humid? Were you visiting from Saudi Arabia?

You are right!!!! Not humid at all. Total brain fart there. Yes it was a very dry heat. That desert heat (obviously). I just remember not wanting to be away from air con for too long. Then again I'm a wuss when it comes to temperature changes.

Photos do look fun to be fair.

6 days ago
9/23/07
They have the same thing in Japan but its like Mario cart themed.
6 days ago
4/30/08

It was humidity from all the urine evaporating from the Strip.

6 days ago
11/25/10

Bro truck hits hog car tour......Death Process

6 days ago
1/21/17

dumb idea

as Dana said "you can't fix stupid"