11 days ago
1/16/12

LHW GOAT!

11 days ago
6/20/11
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Hes behind Tito, chuck, wanderlei, Randy, jones and Cormier.

11 days ago
5/31/16

I don't recall Shogun ever really being super jacked.

I know alot of people want to look at him and say he looks that way because of drug testing. But even in Pride he didn't exactly look like a Greek God. But now alot of it is probably due his body breaking down.

11 days ago
11/20/09
Glowman - 

I know alot of people want to look at him and say he looks that way because of drug testing. But even in Pride he didn't exactly look like a Greek God. But now alot of it is probably due his body breaking down.

100% agreed
11 days ago
7/8/02
shaqitup -
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Jones

Cormier

Shogun

Wand

Chuck

Randy

Tito

11 days ago
5/31/16
shaqitup -
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

How the fuck is Randy ahead of him?

11 days ago
6/24/16

Steroids are not good in the long term. Saggggggyyyyyyy. 

11 days ago
5/11/06
shaqitup -
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Lol at him being behind Tito chuck or randy.

he has better wins than all those guys, he smoked chuck and beat the guy chuck lost to twice.  Randy isn't even in consideration, before jones came around shogun was the consensus best lhw yet.  His run through the gp alone beats out chuck beating grapplers in UFC.

11 days ago
5/17/13
EckY -
shaqitup -
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Lol at him being behind Tito chuck or randy.

he has better wins than all those guys, he smoked chuck and beat the guy chuck lost to twice.  Randy isn't even in consideration, before jones came around shogun was the consensus best lhw yet.  His run through the gp alone beats out chuck beating grapplers in UFC.

11 days ago
2/16/08
shaqitup - 
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Tito?
11 days ago
4/19/17
Shogun isn't even top 10 lhw of all time let alone GOAT.

Jones - cheater
Cormier
Chuck
Randy
Tito
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Gus
Forrest
11 days ago
8/15/07
Shogun has always had love handles.

Multiple knee surgeries and age have an effect on the physique, unfortunately.
11 days ago
2/17/03
MrColdCock - 
shaqitup -
Acidic -

LHW GOAT!

Lol what?

Jones

Cormier

Shogun

Wand

Chuck

Randy

Tito

That's my list.
11 days ago
11/28/03

its true, he had no muscular definition in pride either

11 days ago
8/1/10
D241 -
Glowman - 

100% agreed

Shogun has always looked like that, he's never been jacked.  There have been times where he's shown up for fights with literally zero chest muscle.

He always looks soft too.  A few times his traps looked a bit swole, but I've never really suspected him of being a user.  He's never had the muscle.  It's possible him not taking steroids is precisely why he's had such a long and successful career.

11 days ago
7/8/02

It's pretty remarkable that he's still a legit top 10 fighter even though he no longer uses any of his best weapons. 

If you described him in pride he would be a great kicker with decent, heavy hands who's strength is really his ground game, his ridiculous pace, aggression and ability to scramble in transitions.

Now, he's a plodding power puncher. His primary skills are gone, he's one of the best LHWs in the world using one secondary skill. That's in this new "evolved" world of MMA. Just shows how good he really was.

11 days ago
7/26/07
IN all honesty, he's always kind of looked like that.
11 days ago
4/10/03

Thai Guy in 5,4,3,2,1..........

11 days ago
10/31/15
MrColdCock -

It's pretty remarkable that he's still a legit top 10 fighter even though he no longer uses any of his best weapons. 

If you described him in pride he would be a great kicker with decent, heavy hands who's strength is really his ground game, his ridiculous pace, aggression and ability to scramble in transitions.

Now, he's a plodding power puncher. His primary skills are gone, he's one of the best LHWs in the world using one secondary skill. That's in this new "evolved" world of MMA. Just shows how good he really was.

Truth
11 days ago
5/10/04
Lights Out Lurker - Shogun isn't even top 10 lhw of all time let alone GOAT.

Jones - cheater
Cormier
Chuck
Randy
Tito
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Gus
Forrest

Please delete your account.... Twice.

Then take up knitting.
11 days ago
8/1/10
MrColdCock -

I have no doubt the Shogun of 5 years ago would destroy the Bisping of now for the title.  The Pride Shogun would obliterate the current Bisping.

Honestly, I didn't think Bisping won in Hendo's last fight.  I think Hendo also won the rematch.

But yeah, Shogun is a remarkable fighter.  That's why I kind of think he's always been natty.  He's fought off age and kept up his t-levels naturally.  He hasn't used the strategy of developing a lot of muscle, he's relied mainly on his stamina, speed, and accuracy and aggression.

11 days ago
8/3/11
Sultry Crockett -
D241 -
Glowman - 

100% agreed

Shogun has always looked like that, he's never been jacked.  There have been times where he's shown up for fights with literally zero chest muscle.

He always looks soft too.  A few times his traps looked a bit swole, but I've never really suspected him of being a user.  He's never had the muscle.  It's possible him not taking steroids is precisely why he's had such a long and successful career.

First off I don't know how to post pics.

I'm curious if anyone else has notices how little Shogun has changed. He is completely deflated now. He was never muscular, and his definition has not really changed. Similar to Fedor. Look at Fedor when he fought Bigfoot or Hendo, and compare his build to his physic now. Look at Shogun when he fought in Pride and then him at yesterday's training.

11 days ago
5/10/04
Shogun was never muscular. Neither was his brother.

What he did have was great endurance, natural power, killer instinct, elusive agility, and an iron chin. These attributes were complimented by the super aggressive fighting $tyle practiced during prime Chutebox years.

Shogun was a straight up killer, and a rare breed of fighter in any era.

I still have Wandy slightly ahead of him -- but it's close. Wandy and Shogun were the 2 best LHWs of that era, followed by Rampage and Chuck. Hendo is also on that short list, although he moved between weight.