UnderGround Forums St. Louis police hires a UFC vet and black belt

3/15/18 9:18 PM
6/27/05

The newest class of St. Louis police officers includes UFC and Marine Corps vet Luigi Fioravanti!

https://i.imgur.com/OLYOiuW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vWLH0oM.jpg

3/16/18 12:04 AM
4/3/16

3/16/18 12:04 AM
4/3/16

3/16/18 12:08 AM
4/3/16

3/16/18 7:27 AM
7/31/06

Awesome! Stay safe.

3/16/18 7:35 AM
7/12/17

Congratulations!

3/16/18 7:38 AM
8/28/14

I remember his scrap with diego sanchez back in the day, hope he makes a good cop

3/16/18 7:39 AM
10/15/13

That is pretty cool.

3/16/18 7:49 AM
3/4/15

Great Stuff. Congratulations, STAY SAFE??

3/16/18 9:35 AM
6/27/05
Tigerbythetail -

Great Stuff. Congratulations, STAY SAFE??

St Louis city is pretty fucking rough and the current mayor along with the circuit attorney are anti police.

3/16/18 9:40 AM
2/1/08

Whoa.  I live in STL and had no idea this guy was even around.

3/16/18 9:52 AM
6/10/08

great more white privledge joining the ranks of the STL police....

j/k! Congrats man that awesome!

3/16/18 10:33 AM
2/17/03
I think one area of compromise on the police brutality debate is that police officers and the public would be better served if police officers had combat sports training.

Cops get almost no legitimate fight training. A situation like what happened with Eric Garner is difficult to imagine if the police officers were competent grapplers. Part of what happens in conflict is that the intensity of violence is terrifying - if you aren't used to it. I have cop friends who hugely agree that police brutality would be less if cops had routine combat sport training.

Luigi will be a tremendous asset to the force. This is good news.
3/16/18 11:53 AM
7/25/02
wiggum - I think one area of compromise on the police brutality debate is that police officers and the public would be better served if police officers had combat sports training.

Cops get almost no legitimate fight training. A situation like what happened with Eric Garner is difficult to imagine if the police officers were competent grapplers. Part of what happens in conflict is that the intensity of violence is terrifying - if you aren't used to it. I have cop friends who hugely agree that police brutality would be less if cops had routine combat sport training.

Eric Garner died because he had a heart problem, not from lack of grappling skill. He was a big dude that decided to resist which caused hi heart attack. I do agree it would greatly benefit police officers to do some grappling though.
3/16/18 12:03 PM
3/13/17
Couldn't get him a uniform that fits?

Poor guy looks like hes drowning in that thing.
3/16/18 12:04 PM
2/17/03
dunc - 
wiggum - I think one area of compromise on the police brutality debate is that police officers and the public would be better served if police officers had combat sports training.

Eric Garner died because he had a heart problem, not from lack of grappling skill. He was a big dude that decided to resist which caused hi heart attack. I do agree it would greatly benefit police officers to do some grappling though.

"On Aug. 1, a New York City medical examiner determined that the cause of death in the Garner case was “homicide,” specifically the neck compressions from the Pantaleo’s chokehold and “the compression of [Garner’s] chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police,” according to spokeswoman, Julie Bolcer."

http://time.com/3618279/eric-garner-chokehold-crime-staten-island-daniel-pantaleo/

But, regardless of what you think about his death, the situation would have been much better for all parties if the police were competent, experienced grapplers.
3/16/18 7:41 PM
1/1/01

Haven’t heard that name in forever. 

Good for him.

3/16/18 9:40 PM
4/8/09

noice

3/16/18 9:42 PM
1/2/08
Didn't he always want to be a cop? Don't know why I seem to have that memory of him...
3/17/18 8:06 AM
1/10/18
gemma -

In my opinion Americans (especially black Americans) would benefit most from more intelegent police , not yet more tougher police.
The militaristic police you have are famous world round, the constitution bans military forces on the street so the "man" has been turning the police into a military organisation. They have Infantry grade rifles, ride around in used APC's straight from Afghanistan , military body armor and helmates. The SWAT teams are massivly overused, and often dammage property for no reason, and make no compensation.
Their main duty is to keep black people oppressed, and society ordered so the rich can enjoy their wealth and their slaves, actually defending the innocent, not so much.
In germany and holland police are required to have a degree in a relevant discipline ( psychology, criminology etc ), and you really can tell.
America counts for 2% of the world population but has 40% of the worlds prisoners.
Statistically 1 in 3 americans will do some jail time during their life.
Blacks and minority groups are systematically targeted and oppressed by policy, a policy which is clear and on public record. ( felons do not get to vote, if you turn the black population into criminals, you deprive them of the abbility to affect political change, thus propogating financial slavery )
30% of the police are ex military.
Ex military psyops experts are being hired in massive numbers, depite it being illegal to use psyops on the american public.

In my opinion, you sir, watch too much PBS

3/17/18 8:11 AM
2/3/10

Oorah!

Edited: 3/17/18 2:00 PM
4/13/06
<blockquote>gemma - <span id='userPost62009479' class='User-374522'>..</span></blockquote><br /> I invite you to come walk the placid streets of central Pennsylvania and rethink your generalizations about America and the police here

huh that disappeared quick
3/17/18 2:35 PM
4/6/09

That's awesome. Always liked that dude 

3/17/18 3:23 PM
4/13/06
gemma - 
edwims - <blockquote>gemma - <span id='userPost62009479' class='User-374522'>..</span></blockquote><br /> I invite you to come walk the placid streets of central Pennsylvania and rethink your generalizations about America and the police here

huh that disappeared quick

I would very much like that, then we can both take a stroll through harlem at night.
Ah sorry forgot, despite holding a doctorate in engineering I am in fact an undesirable that Trump would refuse entry for, not being christian and everything. ( I am in fact a Buddhist, but that's way to near Muslim for the 2 brain cell brigade ). So can't take you up on that, but thank you for the offer.

well that's just not true so...I guess we can't have conversations

unless I forgot about the Buddhist ban
3/17/18 3:46 PM
1/10/18
gemma -
Hockys Charles Barkley Sign - 
gemma -

In my opinion Americans (especially black Americans) would benefit most from more intelegent police , not yet more tougher police.
The militaristic police you have are famous world round, the constitution bans military forces on the street so the "man" has been turning the police into a military organisation. They have Infantry grade rifles, ride around in used APC's straight from Afghanistan , military body armor and helmates. The SWAT teams are massivly overused, and often dammage property for no reason, and make no compensation.
Their main duty is to keep black people oppressed, and society ordered so the rich can enjoy their wealth and their slaves, actually defending the innocent, not so much.
In germany and holland police are required to have a degree in a relevant discipline ( psychology, criminology etc ), and you really can tell.
America counts for 2% of the world population but has 40% of the worlds prisoners.
Statistically 1 in 3 americans will do some jail time during their life.
Blacks and minority groups are systematically targeted and oppressed by policy, a policy which is clear and on public record. ( felons do not get to vote, if you turn the black population into criminals, you deprive them of the abbility to affect political change, thus propogating financial slavery )
30% of the police are ex military.
Ex military psyops experts are being hired in massive numbers, depite it being illegal to use psyops on the american public.

In my opinion, you sir, watch too much PBS

In europe, don't get PBS, but I do watch documentaries and read.
The militarization of the US streets is a subject of public record, so is "the southern strategy" revealed recently by a former nixon adviser, a policy propogated and fed by republicans AND democrats since the 70s.
Here is another couple of facts for you ( not so easy to ignore if your white and not super rich )
The top 40 richest people in US have more money that the rest of the population put together.
Real, adjusted for inflation, wages for the US middle class have fallen by an average 40% since 1970's
Union representation is 5 to 10% of the working population.
You have a 30% chance ( modified by location, but taken as an average by land distribution ) of drinking water laced with AT LEAST trace elements from frac-ing chemicals, ( mainly benzene realted chemical but up to and including Uranium ).
All the worlds corals will be gone within 30 years, the poles will be ice free in 50 years, greenland is melting and the kock brothers last year spent 1 billion dollars on campaign contributions to both parties effectivly buying the goverment for this term and half of Obalma's administration. ( due to an act recently passed which repeals the limit on campaign contributions from corporations)

Read no further than In Europe...

Drink some tea and go fuck your mother's uncle