UnderGround Forums Stipe - bad attitude

Edited: 28 days ago
8/2/11

The UG takes any chance they can to spray Dana so I'm not surprised (mfkers) but IMO Stipe is out of line.

Dana needs to promote both guys. Stipe had the bulk of fan support at all media events, equal embedded and mic time and won the fight easily, got paid and then wants to slag off the face of the organisation publicly.

Ngannou is far less experienced, speaks less English, is the foreign fighter etc. He deserved all the hype he got.

It was a dog act by Stipe and in my opinion for a guy of such physical and moral strength, he acted like a mental midget.

We all forget, without Dana we not only never see UFC 220, we probably never see any of the awesome fights we have from the last 10 years.

Also to note- no one gave a SHIT when Jose Aldo got this sort of treatment to make way for Conor.

28 days ago
1/12/10

Don't get it twisted, Conor started his rise to fame on his own. My boss is from Ireland and he says every Irishman knew about him and loved him before the UFC got involved. Dana saw a golden opportunity and took it. 

28 days ago
8/2/11
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

Don't get it twisted, Conor started his rise to fame on his own. My boss is from Ireland and he says every Irishman knew about him and loved him before the UFC got involved. Dana saw a golden opportunity and took it. 

Get what twisted?

They ushered Jose Aldo, a legend of the sport out of the way asap to allow for the more marketable fighter.

No one can discount what Conor did in terms of self promotion and backing it up in the cage but all the outrage at perceived favouritism for Ngannou is just a UG double standard when all the Gregor Mcgays like you were all for it being ten times worse at the expense of Jose.

28 days ago
10/25/10

I remember them promoting Aldo as the greatest of all time in the lead up to both fights?

5/22/05
I think Dana and the UFC made it pretty clear who he wanted to win.
8/2/11

I don't.

I think they were just trying to sell Ngannou as a legit challenger.

28 days ago
1/27/13

Nah, Stipe’s attitude is justified. Everyone was sucking Ngannou’s dick the moment he knocked out Overeem and basically already crowned him champion. Pretty disrespectful to just assume he would run through Stipe like that. Stipe is just reminding everyone that they should treat him with a little more respect since he is the champion.

28 days ago
5/8/15
banco - I think Dana and the UFC made it pretty clear who he wanted to win.

UFC has favorites in every fight, this isn't new. How exactly did they "make it clear" they wanted Francis to win? How do you even do that? All the marketing was pretty 50/50 to me.

8/2/11
Bay Area -

Nah, Stipe’s attitude is justified. Everyone was sucking Ngannou’s dick the moment he knocked out Overeem and basically already crowned him champion. Pretty disrespectful to just assume he would run through Stipe like that. Stipe is just reminding everyone that they should treat him with a little more respect since he is the champion.

Don't think anyone was crowning him champion.

Heard plenty of Stipe chants at each and every media event, weigh in etc.

By not hyping Francis as a dangerous, exciting knock out artist the UFC would only be selling themselves short in terms of selling the fight.

- "let's understate Francis' hype and knock out power etc. because Stipe is the champ, we need to show him the respect he deserves. Francis might have a sick highlight reel and will bring in a load of casual interest, sell more PPV's and make everyone including Stipe more money but let's make sure we only talk about him less than 50% of the time because we are in the business of people's feelings not fighting or selling fights." - said no promoter fucking ever

28 days ago
3/17/17
S
T
F
U
F
A
G
G
O
T
28 days ago
11/1/05

stipe is pure class. he was just heavily annoyed at how EVERYONE wanted ngganou to win. UFC gave ngganou much more publicity,they wanted him as the champ because of his story and potential stardom..stipe was not cool with all that. after all, he was the champ on a 5 fight KO streak.

28 days ago
2/9/09

This

28 days ago
2/9/09
Steve Iceman Little -

UFC has favorites in every fight, this isn't new. How exactly did they "make it clear" they wanted Francis to win? How do you even do that? All the marketing was pretty 50/50 to me.

I disagree, Look at the UFCs IG building up to the fight. It was like 9 posts of Francis doing shit and like 3 of Stipe. Fights over and the first words from Dana is Francis didnt train for two weeks. Come on man 

28 days ago
5/22/05
Steve Iceman Little - 

Rogan's hyperbole. The fight been scheduled on relatively short notice in an attempt to fuck Stipe.
28 days ago
5/8/15
The Closed Guard -
Steve Iceman Little -

I disagree, Look at the UFCs IG building up to the fight. It was like 9 posts of Francis doing shit and like 3 of Stipe. Fights over and the first words from Dana is Francis didnt train for two weeks. Come on man 

You can say the same for hundreds of different promos/posters. Yeah they over hyped Francis, you'd rather them not do that? I don't get it. Those weren't the first words from Dana, he was asked a question, he never said Francis didn't train, said he went to Paris.

28 days ago
5/8/15
banco -
Steve Iceman Little - 

Rogan's hyperbole. The fight been scheduled on relatively short notice in an attempt to fuck Stipe.

When haven't they not tried to hope a fighter loses? This isn't new bro. If you think they fucked Stipe then they fucked all the current champs, Thug Rose, Woodley, DJ, past champs were even more fucked like Frankie, GSP, Diaz. Waht's your point?

28 days ago
2/9/09
Steve Iceman Little -
The Closed Guard -
Steve Iceman Little -

You can say the same for hundreds of different promos/posters. Yeah they over hyped Francis, you'd rather them not do that? I don't get it. Those weren't the first words from Dana, he was asked a question, he never said Francis didn't train, said he went to Paris.

You're right went to Paris. Also, I feel like they should be pushing the champ 60/40 always

28 days ago
5/28/07
stipe is a real ass dude - with a bad attitude
28 days ago
1/7/06
Yeah I want to like the guy but the post fight press conference was hard to watch. Stipe just came off awkward, bitter, etc.
28 days ago
9/2/10

I think he was rightly pissed, seemed the UFC was clearly putting their eggs in the Ngannou basket and it rubbed him up the wrong way. Fair play to him I say.

28 days ago
5/11/06
They needed to hype Ngannou to make the fight as big as it was.

Them hyping Ngannou is what made this a big win for Stipe, he is acting like a bitter moron. They built up Ngannou into a superhuman monster and he beat that guy, on top of the fact this was probably the biggest fight Stipe has ever been in.
27 days ago
10/23/09
With UFC's management being so unpopular now, it might be smart for Stipe to publically act pissed off at Dana. It could get him more fans
27 days ago
11/21/05
They wanted Ngannou to win.

"They needed to hype Ngannou" blah blah blah.

You can do that without completely dismissing the Champion.
27 days ago
11/1/05
stanneh - They wanted Ngannou to win.

"They needed to hype Ngannou" blah blah blah.

You can do that without completely dismissing the Champion.

this.

27 days ago
7/19/13

This. He chose a side and that’s never OK from a promoter. Miocic has every right to feel offended. They tried to shitcan him and he noticed. Now he’s seeing the picture 20/20 and realizes the company he works for isn’t on his side. Fuck OP for finding fault with Stipe here. He feels betrayed by the organization he represents. They made it clear they wanted the image Ngannou represented before the fight to represent the HW division. Stipe is under-appreciated by the UFC because he’s not outspoken. His job is to be the best fighter he can be.. he’s done a great job at that. Fuck the UFC for not supporting good ppl, and only wanting Kardashian types to represent their company.