UnderGround Forums Stipe focused on the pandemic, not DC

13 days ago
1/1/01

The trilogy fight between UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and former champ champ Daniel Cormier appears to headed for late Summer. However, the champ, who also works part-time as a firefighter in Ohio, told Megan Olivi in a recent interview that his focus right now is on the novel coronavirus global pandemic.

“It’s looking like summer, but with this going on right now, honestly I’m not even worried about that,” said Miocic, as transcribed by Mike Bohn for MMA Junkie. “I’m worried about firefighting, and the paramedics out there and I got to do what I got to do. There’s so many people out there that need help. There’s people that are going to stay at home and some of them might get sick. I’m putting myself in harm’s way and I’m OK with that, but I’ve got to make sure when I’m home at the end of the day my family is OK.”

13 days ago
1/1/01

View this post on Instagram

?? @MeganOlivi catches up with ?? @StipeMiocic.

A post shared by ufc (@ufc) on

12 days ago
1/6/20

Stipe is looking for a superfight for a big payday and i don't blame him.F***  DC. He's a great guy and all but it's time for new blood in 2020.

12 days ago
7/2/09
Frodo Zack -

Stipe is looking for a superfight for a big payday and i don't blame him.F***  DC. He's a great guy and all but it's time for new blood in 2020.

12 days ago
2/23/10

I think DC is great and personally I want the rubber match next. 

I also think that Stipe was done dirty by not getting an auto rematch.  Daniel got to do what he wanted as the champ and Stipe gets to do the same.

12 days ago
4/5/08
Fuck DC. He's just a more personable shitbag.

If Stipe's in Cuyahoga county, that place is hit pretty hard.
11 days ago
3/5/15

I believe what he says but I wonder how content he'd be if this was going on after their 1st fight and it was DC who had the belt. 

Either way I admire Stipe for his blue collar ways and the fact that he marches to the best of his own drum.

11 days ago
11/29/13

11 days ago
11/29/13

Fuckin A ! Godblesss you Stipe