UnderGround Forums This just became a billion dollar fight...

5 days ago
10/25/09

...because every old time boxer and boxing fan that was completely ignoring this shit is now going to tune in with their colostomy bags hanging by their sides hoping that the most hated champion in boxing can outrun the rookie for 36 minutes.

5 days ago
10/1/11
You must not watch Floyd box
5 days ago
8/19/15

r/Boxing is a fucking meme right now, like the episode of spongebob where they threw all of the files away in his brain

5 days ago
7/7/10

Surprised to see r/boxing turning on one of their own 

pretty hilarious 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Good stuff. Boxing fans are laughing at you MMA fans over this.

An out of shape, retired Paulie, sporting a dad bod somehow managed to go 12 rounds with McGregor who is in the shape and peak of his life? And that somehow translates to boxing fans are now interested? Boxing fans are pointing to the sparring with Paulie as proof of McGregor is a "bum". Yes that's the term being throw around, having seemingly unseated "rookie" as the term of choice.

If you're into this kind of thing, it should be entertaining for as long as it goes. Most boxing fans are not into this type of thing.

5 days ago
2/14/11

The Boxing community is terrified, their worst fears are becoming a very real, unpalatable reality. 

Conor via KO...

5 days ago
7/15/04
5 days ago
12/30/03
SinCityHustler - Good stuff. Boxing fans are laughing at you MMA fans over this.

An out of shape, retired Paulie, sporting a dad bod somehow managed to go 12 rounds with McGregor who is in the shape and peak of his life? And that somehow translates to boxing fans are now interested? Boxing fans are pointing to the sparring with Paulie as proof of McGregor is a "bum". Yes that's the term being throw around, having seemingly unseated "rookie" as the term of choice.

If you're into this kind of thing, it should be entertaining for as long as it goes. Most boxing fans are not into this type of thing.

Mostly this but boxing fans aren't angels only interested in pure sportsmanship. 99 percent of boxing fans oddly enough just cheer for the guy with a skin color that matches their own. 

It's super weird going to a boxing match live if a white guy is fighting a black or mexican guy and you're cheering against the white guy as a honky. After the white guy gets beaten, you still get people in your face about it even if you're wearing the shirt of the other fighter. 

I'll never understand that. 

5 days ago
10/25/09
SinCityHustler - Good stuff. Boxing fans are laughing at you MMA fans over this.

You're a fucking moron.  Maybe you should check out the boxing forums and see what they're saying before coming on here and spewing your usual shit.

5 days ago
1/1/01
^^^Triggered MMA fan with a boxing inferiority complex. lol you clowns are so weak minded. Plenty of level headed MMA fans on this board who realize this is a circus act and isn't to be taken seriously, but you and the rest of the mouth breathers on here insist on the crusade to white knight for Conor. I do admit you do add some entertainment from time to time with your unintended humor.
5 days ago
1/1/01
WrestlingSucks - 

Mostly this but boxing fans aren't angels only interested in pure sportsmanship. 99 percent of boxing fans oddly enough just cheer for the guy with a skin color that matches their own. 

It's super weird going to a boxing match live if a white guy is fighting a black or mexican guy and you're cheering against the white guy as a honky. After the white guy gets beaten, you still get people in your face about it even if you're wearing the shirt of the other fighter. 

I don't see that a whole lot from American fans. It happens on occasion (Cooney vs Holmes was real big on polarizing the country and making it about race) but for the most part I see American fans as supporting across racial and national lines. Where I see it a lot is from the international fan base. They tend to really stick with their own. I think it's natural to cheer for the guy who looks like you or sounds like you. In general if you can find some commonality with someone, there seems to be an ability to develop interest.

My all time favorites

Salvador Sanchez
Tommy Hearns
Mike Tyson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Roy Jones
Ray Leonard
Larry Holmes
Oscar DeLaHoya

I really like Lomachanko right now.

I can see how white America might get excited when a white American climbs the ranks and is in the thick of things. I absolutely see why blacks get behind their own and even feel a sense of pride over a black boxer's results.
5 days ago
2/14/09
TheFlyingGentlemen - You must not watch Floyd box

This. MMA fanboys are insane if they think Conor has a chance. Shit is starting to piss me off. 

5 days ago
2/14/09
SinCityHustler -
WrestlingSucks - 

I don't see that a whole lot from American fans. It happens on occasion (Cooney vs Holmes was real big on polarizing the country and making it about race) but for the most part I see American fans as supporting across racial and national lines. Where I see it a lot is from the international fan base. They tend to really stick with their own. I think it's natural to cheer for the guy who looks like you or sounds like you. In general if you can find some commonality with someone, there seems to be an ability to develop interest.

My all time favorites

Salvador Sanchez
Tommy Hearns
Mike Tyson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Roy Jones
Ray Leonard
Larry Holmes
Oscar DeLaHoya

I really like Lomachanko right now.

I can see how white America might get excited when a white American climbs the ranks and is in the thick of things. I absolutely see why blacks get behind their own and even feel a sense of pride over a black boxer's results.

My favorite all time was Diego Corrales RIP

5 days ago
5/5/10

Paulie last fought a few months ago. Conor around 10, you fuckin dork. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
JerseyCityMMA - Diego was awesome. I rewatch that 10th round vs Castillo a few times per year. What heart and determination he had. RIP
5 days ago
1/1/01
businessbhoy - 

Paulie last fought a few months ago. Conor around 10, you fuckin dork. 

No idea what your point is here.

One guy is retired and grossly out of shape, the other guy is peaking for the fight of his life and has probably never looked to be in better condition.

If your point is Paulie competed more recently than Conor has, and was knocked out, then yes you're spot on. What's he doing going 12 rounds with McGrogor so soon after a KO loss? If you ask me, Paulie should have waited the 10 months to get back in the ring. What do you think?
5 days ago
4/11/12

Bingo. 

5 days ago
9/26/07

This and I'm not a boxing fan persee.
4 days ago
10/25/06
Its easy to survive when you dont actually try and win. People get rocked bad when they try to do more than just survive. See Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin. The harder you go at someone, the worse it can be.
4 days ago
11/30/07

I want conor to win for the pure chaos that will ensue. 

4 days ago
2/26/14

interesting to see the comments on r/boxing :D

darkjediii 140 points 22 hours ago 

“I wouldn’t say it’s ‘Oh my God’ power"

[–]MaxHaxSax 232 points 21 hours ago 

Are these 16 oz gloves? In mma they use 4 oz so I'd imagine he hits like a fucking truck when it comes to the UFC.

[–]darkjediii 264 points 21 hours ago 

Yea 16 oz gloves. Paulie would be in a casket if those were 4oz gloves.

Edited: 4 days ago
7/15/04
Yeah big difference in the 16oz sparring and the 8oz in a real boxing match. And especially the 4 oz gloves. 16oz gloves are there to make sure you have cushion and aren't getting KO'd in sparring and to protect the hands.
4 days ago
3/31/17

why are there so many boxing fanboys on this site, is it absurd to say after peicing up a guy of similar size, age, and style as floyd, that he could hit floyd and it isnt a joke? what is your iq? do you see a pattern

Edited: 4 days ago
5/21/12

Most boxing fans thought an out of shape Paulie would school Conor if they sparred.

Then they sparred and the photos were released and they thought it was bullshit and that Conor pushed him down. It was all bullshit. Paulie himself even said Conor pushed him down out of frustration from getting handled in the sparring. 

Paulie then changed his tune a bit & said Conor done well for the first 5 rds, then gassed but came back to win the last 2. He left the camp & begged for video to be released to prove that if wasn't a knockdown.

Now they video gets released and all of a sudden boxing fans dismiss the knockdown completely and want to see the whole sparring video.

So it started with Paulie and most boxing fans laughing at the idea Conor could even last 12 rounds of sparring against a former world champ, to now being upset cos a video was released (a video they asked for) cos its "unethical" for the noble sport of boxing. And now Paulie is just an out of shape former world champ that's basically just a nobody.

They didn't seem to say much when Floyd showed videos on HBO & Showtime of himself and his fighters beating the shit out of their poor sparring partners in the doghouse. That's cool. Conor's approach however is underhanded and probably racist. Rumour has it he had pasta and a banana that day after sparring Paulie. Obviously taking a jab at Paulie's Italian heritage and another dig at Floyd and blacks everywhere for being monkeys. 

Disgusting behaviour. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
It is a complete circus and shameful act from both sides. As a boxing fan primarily and MMA only marginally, I can say Floyd has really been a piece of shit thus far with his comments and behavior at the world tour. Conor's been an idiot but I don't believe he's trying to come off as a racist no matter how much black cock he says he has for the NY area black women or how much he wants the monkeys to dance. I think he's just that stupid and insensitive. Floyd is actually a racist dick head who cares about no one but himself.

Ho w i wish Conor would knock Floyd's ass out, but it's just not possible. Conor is a bum in boxing context. He's just not very good at all. I'll be here on the 27th to see how it played out. One can only hope for a Conor win, but reality is Floyd has more talent in his racist big toe than McGregor has in his entire 1/2 black body.