UnderGround Forums This just became a billion dollar fight...

8/13/17 5:05 AM
4/28/15
Fedoral Crime -

Most boxing fans thought an out of shape Paulie would school Conor if they sparred.

Then they sparred and the photos were released and they thought it was bullshit and that Conor pushed him down. It was all bullshit. Paulie himself even said Conor pushed him down out of frustration from getting handled in the sparring. 

Paulie then changed his tune a bit & said Conor done well for the first 5 rds, then gassed but came back to win the last 2. He left the camp & begged for video to be released to prove that if wasn't a knockdown.

Now they video gets released and all of a sudden boxing fans dismiss the knockdown completely and want to see the whole sparring video.

So it started with Paulie and most boxing fans laughing at the idea Conor could even last 12 rounds of sparring against a former world champ, to now being upset cos a video was released (a video they asked for) cos its "unethical" for the noble sport of boxing. And now Paulie is just an out of shape former world champ that's basically just a nobody.

They didn't seem to say much when Floyd showed videos on HBO & Showtime of himself and his fighters beating the shit out of their poor sparring partners in the doghouse. That's cool. Conor's approach however is underhanded and probably racist. Rumour has it he had pasta and a banana that day after sparring Paulie. Obviously taking a jab at Paulie's Italian heritage and another dig at Floyd and blacks everywhere for being monkeys. 

Disgusting behaviour. 

100% this
8/13/17 5:26 AM
7/26/15
SinCityHustler - It is a complete circus and shameful act from both sides. As a boxing fan primarily and MMA only marginally, I can say Floyd has really been a piece of shit thus far with his comments and behavior at the world tour. Conor's been an idiot but I don't believe he's trying to come off as a racist no matter how much black cock he says he has for the NY area black women or how much he wants the monkeys to dance. I think he's just that stupid and insensitive. Floyd is actually a racist dick head who cares about no one but himself.

Ho w i wish Conor would knock Floyd's ass out, but it's just not possible. Conor is a bum in boxing context. He's just not very good at all. I'll be here on the 27th to see how it played out. One can only hope for a Conor win, but reality is Floyd has more talent in his racist big toe than McGregor has in his entire 1/2 black body.

You're trying to play both sides to the middle. You say "Oh how I wish that Conor would win" or some facsimile of that and then you do nothing but insult Mcgregor . Then you say that you'll bee here on the 27th. And you will be. And no matter who wins, you'll be talking shit and acting like you knew it all along.  

Bullshit.  Don't come back here acting like you knew Conor would win and celebrate with the REAL mma fans. 

You guys are a joke. Take the safe pick. The easy pick. Floyd in a decision. 

I'm picking Conor because he represents mma and I am a fan of mma and I think that the toughest mma fighters are better than the best boxers and Conor will prove it on the 26th. I'm not hedging my bet and I'll be here on the 27th also.  

WAR MCGREGOR!!!!

8/13/17 5:37 AM
1/1/01
" Don't come back here acting like you knew Conor would win and celebrate with the REAL mma fans."

Real MMA fans lol what a bunch of diarrhea. You're a real fan because you think McGregor will win? You're real dumb is what that translates to.

How could I possibly do that when I'm on record he has no hope to win?

This is a colossal mismatch . The only way Conor (a compete bum relative to top level boxing) can win is if Floyd throws the fight.

Where did you get I'll come here and gloat over knowing McGregor would win? I think you're projecting to have extrapolated that from my post.

I'll say it again.

In the context of top level boxing, Conor is a hopelessly over matched can. He has no chance other than for Floyd to throw the bout. He doesn't even have a puncher's chance based on his inability to get an out of shape, exhausted Paulie out of there in sparring. The same Paulie who was KO'd just a couple months back. One would have to be a complete idiotic McGregor nut hugger to think otherwise.

Hopefully I'm clear this time but go ahead and interpret that to mean I will change my tune come the 27th, it only reflects on what you think I'd do based on what you would do.

8/13/17 6:37 AM
6/17/16

I still don't think I'm sold. $99.95 for one fight that will most likely end in a very long boring decision or a very quick exciting finish. Either way it will be somewhere on the internet the next day. I have zero interest in the rest of the card and have a hard time bringing myself to support such a shameless cash grab. It has literally been marketed as a shameless cash grab: 'the money fight', or help floyd inflate his piggy bank and pay some back taxes one more time while Conor Mcgregor buys 500 pairs of skinny jeans and rents a bugatti.

You know if you give that fool your money he's just going to blow it all on cars and diamond encrusted socks or some bullshit anyway, it's like giving a homeless crackhead $20 at Christmas and thinking they're going down to Shari's for a turkey leg and some gravy when really that shit will be smoked up before you make it 6 blocks away.

8/13/17 7:16 AM
6/23/14
SinCityHustler - Good stuff. Boxing fans are laughing at you MMA fans over this.

An out of shape, retired Paulie, sporting a dad bod somehow managed to go 12 rounds with McGregor who is in the shape and peak of his life? And that somehow translates to boxing fans are now interested? Boxing fans are pointing to the sparring with Paulie as proof of McGregor is a "bum". Yes that's the term being throw around, having seemingly unseated "rookie" as the term of choice.

If you're into this kind of thing, it should be entertaining for as long as it goes. Most boxing fans are not into this type of thing.

That's not true at all.
8/13/17 8:08 AM
1/1/01
This was the smartest fight for Mayweather, it was the only way he'd get boxing fans on his side. If he faced someone like GGG the majority of fans would be cheering for him to lose.
8/13/17 10:04 AM
12/8/13
I'm not sure why MMA fans have a hard time understanding many boxing fans would like to see Floyd get KOd. Floyd got filthy rich from making people want to see him lose and that doesn't change much because there's a cage fighter across the ring.

Most boxing fans I know don't attach their identity and self worth to the sport like cage fighting fans do, so if Floyd loses, a boxing fan doesn't die inside. They'll wake up the next day, still like boxing, and still not care about MMA. All these years of chasing public acceptance and hoping people will one day find cage fighting normal has really harmed the mental health of the average UFC fan.

Cage fighting fans would do themselves a big favor if they just accept they are pariahs of the sports world. MMA has come a long way in the states, it's semi acceptable in a social situation and shown on TV, just be happy with that. Get over this "us vs. the world" cult-like mentality and enjoy life. A boxing fan can be in a room where a basketball game is playing on TV and while they may not like it, they probably won't start foaming at the mouth and screaming "GRRRRR!!! THIS LEBRON PUSSY ASS BITCH WONT WIN NO REAL FIGHT AGAINST STIPE!! RONDA BY ARMBAR!! THIS PUSSY FAGGOT!!" There's a lot more to life than constantly stressing about hypothetical "real fight" scenarios and making up competitions with other sports that barely know you exist.
8/13/17 5:19 PM
1/1/01
^^^Well said. One other factor in this particular bout is Floyd Mayweather retired and went away. He doesn't represent boxing like an active boxer might. He's coming out of retirement for a cash grab. He hasn't fought in a couple years and he would refuse to fight any top boxer. He's hardly boxing's representative vs UFC and the boxing fan base largely doesn't care. As stated above, I'm a boxing fan primarily over being an MMA fan and I'd love it if somehow Mayweather not only lost but was put to sleep. I would find a way to watch the bout if that happened.
8/13/17 5:28 PM
1/1/01
SinCityHustler -
WrestlingSucks - 
SinCityHustler - Good stuff. Boxing fans are laughing at you MMA fans over this.

An out of shape, retired Paulie, sporting a dad bod somehow managed to go 12 rounds with McGregor who is in the shape and peak of his life? And that somehow translates to boxing fans are now interested? Boxing fans are pointing to the sparring with Paulie as proof of McGregor is a "bum". Yes that's the term being throw around, having seemingly unseated "rookie" as the term of choice.

If you're into this kind of thing, it should be entertaining for as long as it goes. Most boxing fans are not into this type of thing.

Mostly this but boxing fans aren't angels only interested in pure sportsmanship. 99 percent of boxing fans oddly enough just cheer for the guy with a skin color that matches their own. 

It's super weird going to a boxing match live if a white guy is fighting a black or mexican guy and you're cheering against the white guy as a honky. After the white guy gets beaten, you still get people in your face about it even if you're wearing the shirt of the other fighter. 

I'll never understand that. 

I don't see that a whole lot from American fans. It happens on occasion (Cooney vs Holmes was real big on polarizing the country and making it about race) but for the most part I see American fans as supporting across racial and national lines. Where I see it a lot is from the international fan base. They tend to really stick with their own. I think it's natural to cheer for the guy who looks like you or sounds like you. In general if you can find some commonality with someone, there seems to be an ability to develop interest.

My all time favorites

Salvador Sanchez
Tommy Hearns
Mike Tyson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Roy Jones
Ray Leonard
Larry Holmes
Oscar DeLaHoya

I really like Lomachanko right now.

I can see how white America might get excited when a white American climbs the ranks and is in the thick of things. I absolutely see why blacks get behind their own and even feel a sense of pride over a black boxer's results.

nice list.We are probly about the sameage.I just turned 51 .Sanchez at the time was my favorite.Big fan of all the guys you mentioned especially Leanard Hearns and Duran ,Duran at lightweight was a killer and even at heavier weights fought some classics..Few others I liked Benitez,Tyson,Holyfield,Mustafa Muhamud, These days i like triple GGG,Donte Wilder,Thurmon,Spence

8/13/17 6:15 PM
3/19/05
Why are a lot of these (it seems newer) MMA fans like pro wrestling fans? I've been watching both sports for two decades and I'm not going "I'm picking McGregor because I am a MMA fan!" pretty lame when you can't watch combat sports objectively.
8/13/17 6:24 PM
8/26/11
JerseyCityMMA -
TheFlyingGentlemen - You must not watch Floyd box

This. MMA fanboys are insane if they think Conor has a chance. Shit is starting to piss me off. 

Us mma fanboys???
Ohhhhhhh-okay "jerseycityMMA"

Lay off the heroin buddy. We're getting concerned about you.
8/13/17 6:25 PM
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - 
SinCityHustler -
WrestlingSucks - 

Mostly this but boxing fans aren't angels only interested in pure sportsmanship. 99 percent of boxing fans oddly enough just cheer for the guy with a skin color that matches their own. 

It's super weird going to a boxing match live if a white guy is fighting a black or mexican guy and you're cheering against the white guy as a honky. After the white guy gets beaten, you still get people in your face about it even if you're wearing the shirt of the other fighter. 

I'll never understand that. 

I don't see that a whole lot from American fans. It happens on occasion (Cooney vs Holmes was real big on polarizing the country and making it about race) but for the most part I see American fans as supporting across racial and national lines. Where I see it a lot is from the international fan base. They tend to really stick with their own. I think it's natural to cheer for the guy who looks like you or sounds like you. In general if you can find some commonality with someone, there seems to be an ability to develop interest.

My all time favorites

Salvador Sanchez
Tommy Hearns
Mike Tyson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Roy Jones
Ray Leonard
Larry Holmes
Oscar DeLaHoya

I really like Lomachanko right now.

I can see how white America might get excited when a white American climbs the ranks and is in the thick of things. I absolutely see why blacks get behind their own and even feel a sense of pride over a black boxer's results.

nice list.We are probly about the sameage.I just turned 51 .Sanchez at the time was my favorite.Big fan of all the guys you mentioned especially Leanard Hearns and Duran ,Duran at lightweight was a killer and even at heavier weights fought some classics..Few others I liked Benitez,Tyson,Holyfield,Mustafa Muhamud, These days i like triple GGG,Donte Wilder,Thurmon,Spence

45 here

I could fill the page with great boxers who really entertained growing up and current guys, but those are the ones who really stood out.

Duran vs Barkley, WOW! https://youtu.be/go1o7tQ7pQ0

Hearn vs Cuevas, shocking! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BZ2-hBbsA

Tyson vs Ruddock 1 and 2
8/13/17 7:08 PM
9/23/08
SinCityHustler - ^^^Triggered MMA fan with a boxing inferiority complex. lol you clowns are so weak minded. Plenty of level headed MMA fans on this board who realize this is a circus act and isn't to be taken seriously, but you and the rest of the mouth breathers on here insist on the crusade to white knight for Conor. I do admit you do add some entertainment from time to time with your unintended humor.

word

8/13/17 7:20 PM
5/18/09
Target_the_Gash -

I still don't think I'm sold. $99.95 for one fight that will most likely end in a very long boring decision or a very quick exciting finish. Either way it will be somewhere on the internet the next day. I have zero interest in the rest of the card and have a hard time bringing myself to support such a shameless cash grab. It has literally been marketed as a shameless cash grab: 'the money fight', or help floyd inflate his piggy bank and pay some back taxes one more time while Conor Mcgregor buys 500 pairs of skinny jeans and rents a bugatti.

You know if you give that fool your money he's just going to blow it all on cars and diamond encrusted socks or some bullshit anyway, it's like giving a homeless crackhead $20 at Christmas and thinking they're going down to Shari's for a turkey leg and some gravy when really that shit will be smoked up before you make it 6 blocks away.

neither are most of those seats. they're struggling to sell ticketsa

8/13/17 7:22 PM
5/18/09
Elvis - This was the smartest fight for Mayweather, it was the only way he'd get boxing fans on his side. If he faced someone like GGG the majority of fans would be cheering for him to lose.

he doesn't care. this wouldn't hurt or even scruff his legacy. it's a clown show. even if conor knocked him out. he's a 40 year old retired boxer. it wouldn't change anything.

Conor has nothing to lose either. he's supposed to lose. he just lost two fights ago lol.

i said this in another thread, it's a money grab. more like rocky vs hulk than a real match of any kind

8/13/17 7:44 PM
11/1/03

This is entertainment, not a fight. A 48-0 all time great against a fighter without a single fight. The fact that so many otherwise intellengent people could be fooled into thinking Conor has a chance is the most amazing con job of all time.

8/13/17 9:32 PM
10/25/09

You morons do realize that the thread was about how the interest in this match just spiked up...the statement wasn't about which fighter is better.

8/14/17 1:09 AM
3/21/13

Boxing fans are cum guzzling cucks... just like you. 

STFU. 

8/14/17 1:15 AM
1/1/01

Anyone who thinks Connor has a chance is a fucking retard. But there are a lot of retards out there, hence President Trump.

I can't believe the stupid fucking threads are still going on.

8/14/17 1:30 AM
5/27/09
dicked by diaz -

The Boxing community is terrified, their worst fears are becoming a very real, unpalatable reality. 

Conor via KO...

Omg no.

He'll never touch PBF & will gas within 5 rounds. Mayweather by tko on a tired McGregor. 

8/14/17 1:40 AM
12/30/03

I don't understand the "MMA vs Boxing" thing. It's not that. Only little kids and dirt poor adults attach themselves to sports teams and figures like they are in a gang. Silly. 

8/14/17 1:51 AM
1/1/01
WrestlingSucks - 

I don't understand the "MMA vs Boxing" thing. It's not that. Only little kids and dirt poor adults attach themselves to sports teams and figures like they are in a gang. Silly. 

We're on an MMA site. This is exactly what this fan base does. They couldn't stand Brock because as a WWE guy, he came in and wrecked the heavyweight division and won 3 UFC championships. This is probably their big opportunity to beat one of the main sports they have an inferiority complex against. Sadly boxing will wipe its nuts all over their guy's face and expose him.
8/14/17 3:45 AM
12/16/12
scarfacedave -

Anyone who thinks Connor has a chance is a fucking retard. But there are a lot of retards out there, hence President Trump.

I can't believe the stupid fucking threads are still going on.

Anyone who thinks Conor doesn't have a chance is a retard.

8/14/17 4:04 AM
10/13/14

A billion dollar fight, and they can't even come close to selling out their tickets. 

8/14/17 11:59 AM
1/1/01
Jiu Jitsunami - 

A billion dollar fight, and they can't even come close to selling out their tickets. 

That's Hyperbole buy the OP. It is no where near to a billion dollar fight. It could get half way there with a ton of PPV sales.