UnderGround Forums Tim Hague still alive - it seems media effed up

2 days ago
5/4/12

Someone dropped the ball, I'm hearding reports that he is in critical condition at the moment.

2 days ago
1/24/17

No weren't they saying he was brain dead and not actually dead? Wishing the best for him

2 days ago
1/1/01

I just saw that too. Hope he recovers.

1 day ago
10/25/10

Geneal info about brain edemas for those interested. The outlook is never good. With luck and stellar care there is chances to recover, but the KO looked nasty.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-swelling-brain-edema-intracranial-pressure

1 day ago
5/17/08
The Immortal One -

No weren't they saying he was brain dead and not actually dead? Wishing the best for him

Brain dead means dead for all intents and purposes. If so, the only thing keeping him "alive" is a ventilator.

1 day ago
4/10/11

Such terrible news, hope he pulls through 

1 day ago
2/12/17
Gullivers Travels - 
The Immortal One -

Brain dead means dead for all intents and purposes. If so, the only thing keeping him "alive" is a ventilator.

1 day ago
8/27/08

Here's hoping he pulls through

1 day ago
5/8/10

It's crazy that he was able to stand up and leave the ring. 

1 day ago
3/3/14
Gullivers Travels -
The Immortal One -

It doesn't necessarily mean he needs a ventilator.
1 day ago
8/31/10

Jesus fuck, this is the first I've heard about this. 

1 day ago
11/24/10

So angry at it all. 

He never should have taken this fight and was in zero shape for it. 

His punches had zero power and his jabs threw off his own footing. 

It should have been stopped before the second knockdown. 

His corner should have stopped it between rounds.  Tim's record was low and it's not like this was some title bout or huge payday so end the fight and save your guy. 

He was out cold before that final punch landed and as a result his body crumpled and his head hit sickeningly. 

Heads hitting after KOs is why street fights are murders waiting to happen anyway so this final blow to the back of his head arguably was the worst. 

Damn. 

My best to Tim.   I so want to rib him over never waiting behind velvet ropes, getting free drinks and dancing with other men's women in the club like I used to on here with him. 

Damn. 

Sucks all over. 

1 day ago
5/4/14

Please get well Tim.  Life is no fair sometimes. 

1 day ago
8/31/10

I'm sure it has probably been posted, but I just found the fight and an article about it. It looks like he hit the back of his head on the canvas pretty hard when he went down that final time.

1 day ago
2/29/16
sgotwalks - 

I'm sure it has probably been posted, but I just found the fight and an article about it. It looks like he hit the back of his head on the canvas pretty hard when he went down that final time.

They also hit heads REALLY hard around 2:18 before he goes down in the corner.
1 day ago
8/31/10
64FordF100 -
sgotwalks - 

They also hit heads REALLY hard around 2:18 before he goes down in the corner.

Fuck, what a shame. I remember one of his first fights in the UFC as Rogan was getting ready to interview him and he was still speaking with the opponent he had just fought, the mics were on and as Rogan was getting ready to grab him for the interview you could hear Tim saying to the other fellow "Ya, we should go for a beer after," or something very close to it. I just thought that was fantastically Canadian of him, a good ole boy from Edmonton! Joe was laughing..........I can't recall which fight that was, maybe his first when he got that speedy knockout.

1 day ago
3/13/02
Wasn't he just on here posting?
How tragic. Prayers for all our MMA brethren to recover, heal and live.
1 day ago
1/1/01

Video makes me sick. Doctor just took his sweet ass time. No concern for Tim. So fucking sad.

1 day ago
6/11/14
Espn said he has passed away.. They posted it about 5 minutes ago
1 day ago
3/16/10
He passed away today. Fuck that sucks, just wrecked my day.
1 day ago
7/12/15
You don't come back from being brain dead.
1 day ago
7/12/15
StankieEdgar - You don't come back from being brain dead.
Sorry, the app wasn't showing the most recent posts. Just seemed to be many folks not understanding what being brain dead means. Terrible tragedy.
1 day ago
5/27/13
RIP
1 day ago
8/31/10

Awe man, I'm sad to read this.

Edited: 22 hours ago
10/25/06
Fabes - 

Video makes me sick. Doctor just took his sweet ass time. No concern for Tim. So fucking sad.

Can't even watch the video again, such a bad job reffing, especially if you are aware of his recent record of losing by KO, but now you are saying the doctor was basically negligent. That fucking infuriates me.

I dont fight. Fought once, loved it but never got another good opportunity. Now Im 34 with a kid, another on the way. I've had too many concussions and it wouldnt be worth it unless I would clear my annual salary X5 at least. Even if I got to the level where I was clearing 10ks or more per fight, fighting 3 times a year wouldn't pay the bills. It has to be tough for a guy to make that call if he is paying the bills from fighting and on a bad run, getting stopped and wanting to come back and prove yourself, even just to yourself.
RIP