UnderGround Forums UFC 225 flops? Less than 150k buys per LAT

5 days ago
12/28/12

From the LA Times: "The UFC has struggled for pay-per-view buys — as it did Saturday, when an industry official said less than 150,000 purchased the Robert Whittaker-headlined card in Chicago..."

Edited: 5 days ago
1/23/06
4 days ago
8/12/11

Kinda surprised.  I didn't buy it but thought it would do better numbers.  As others have said, I believe PPV is a thing of the past.  

4 days ago
12/8/12
evh -

From the LA Times: "The UFC has struggled for pay-per-view buys — as it did Saturday, when an industry official said less than 150,000 purchased the Robert Whittaker-headlined card in Chicago..."

Holy Mighty Mouse numbers Batman....wow

4 days ago
3/22/16
but, but CM Punk is a proven draw and thats why we had to put him on PPV.

Fool me once, UFC
4 days ago
1/15/15

I almost didn't buy it, but I did at the last moment. It had been a while since I bought a card. I kinda bought it for the excuse to have some people over.

4 days ago
5/31/16

Punk was only going to be a draw again if he beat Gall.

Now had he went the Brock route and turned full blown heel, he'd probably have gave this show a decent buyrate.

4 days ago
1/1/01
HA Ha this is great! And "if it aint Dutch it aint much" was telling us big events going forward and big PPV buy #'s. Lol so much for "big".

The reality is UFC PPV business is in the shitter, and rightfully so. they have ripped off the paying public long enough. now they've upped the price to $70/event! Their bullshit interim belt, their girl fight right on the main card featuring a girl 1-4 in her last 5, plus an 0-1 vs 0-1 on the main card, this is what they deserve. Only way this would be better is if it were lower.
4 days ago
11/12/11

It's a good job they've inked that huge TV deal with ESPN.

4 days ago
3/22/16
Don J - but, but CM Punk is a proven draw and thats why we had to put him on PPV.

Fool me once, UFC

“Listen, when Alistair Overeem sells as many pay-per-views as CM Punk does, we can argue,” White told reporters at last week’s UFC 225 media day.

Also, Wasnt this the card Colby proved how huge a draw he is with his 30k followers? His schtick isnt transalting to buys
Edited: 4 days ago
7/8/16

Probably because they keep raising prices. I remember when it was $40 on Playstation. Now it's $60. Cmon son. I still bought it last minute.

4 days ago
1/30/16

Saw it at a bar with pals and spent 23 bucks.

rather do that then buy for 70

4 days ago
1/1/01

Besides the main event, I wasn’t interested at all. I buy almost every event and I didn’t buy 225 after the weigh in fiasco. The ufc is circling the toilet bowl. I think it’s hilarious what ESPN paid for that tv deal as they are also circling the toilet bowl. 

4 days ago
12/8/12

Just wait til they try and charge $100 for Conors return PPV.

4 days ago
7/7/12

Punk was not a draw after his disastrous debut. Covington will never be a draw ever because he's a goofy internet smark head, not an actual charismatic personality.

4 days ago
1/3/08

Was a decent stacked card for real fans, 7 or 8 good fights but no big names/draws 

4 days ago
1/1/01
The main event was amazing, even though Romero was gassed to all hell. The decision sucked ass. Killed the excitement generated during the fight. I wasn't going to watch but my wife wanted to see the girl fight. We went to the bar and we had a great time despite the card mostly being bad. Arlovkis has to be close to 50 now and he's still on the main card. I didn't buy into any of the Punk hype but at least he fought. He tried to win and he gave it his all. I see that so rarely from UFC guys. But two 0-1 guys on the main card? You're begging to be viewed as a freak show bush league attraction. And that's what UFC has become.

Colby was outstanding. He won his first world title but a manufactured, made up title. Woodley's the champ, White isn't fooling anyone. Overall we made the most of it but none of it made us willing to spend any money on UFC going forward. I'm we're not in the arena with comped tickets for Cormier/Stipe, we'll watch at the bar for free. There's just no way to justify supporting their bullshit at this point.
4 days ago
7/7/12
Don J -
Don J - but, but CM Punk is a proven draw and thats why we had to put him on PPV.

Fool me once, UFC

“Listen, when Alistair Overeem sells as many pay-per-views as CM Punk does, we can argue,” White told reporters at last week’s UFC 225 media day.

Also, Wasnt this the card Colby proved how huge a draw he is with his 30k followers? His schtick isnt transalting to buys

Of course it isn't. He's not an engaging personality. You can't put him on a talk show. Nobody who isn't a message board dweeb is attracted to his pro-wrestling indie style of shittalk.

4 days ago
2/26/07
this shit is garbage and im simply done paying for them

for years i bought most of the ppvs even though ive never had trouble finding a stream, now i dont even care to stream it half the time
4 days ago
2/20/11

Funny how egg says Reem sells less ppvs than punk, yet both ppvs he's been on has Reem on them  

4 days ago
9/3/12

Good fook Blaf and all of his bullshit, let it burn to th ground that’s what they deserve 

4 days ago
5/8/16

I didn't expect huge numbers but damn.

UFC 226 is about as good as a fight card can get right now. If that card doesn't draw, i think they really have to rethink some things...

4 days ago
8/28/17

Lol at Kiriks professionalism.

”useless CM Punk”

Grow up Peter Pan

4 days ago
10/8/07

Well when you have a non-title fight main event(not to mention it being a rematch), an interim title fight in the co-main, Holly Holm being on a huge slump vs a UFC newcomer at a weightclass nobody wants in the UFC(sorry Cyborg), and Punk vs. Jackson all on the main card, what do you expect your ppv buys to be? Nobody on that main card had a proven track record of being a huge ppv draw.

4 days ago
9/19/13

And people think Curtis Blaydes should be champion. Lmao.