7/10/12

Blue or somebody not internet retarded please link

4/19/17 12:20 PM
11/21/10

4/19/17 12:59 PM
12/26/07
Love it!

Greatest championship win of all time.

The rise to that belt and the road to get there was the greatest trip we will probably ever get to see in our lifetimes.

Hate his personality if you want, but the man did what he said he would and did it in devastating fashion!
4/19/17 1:10 PM
4/22/07
Ocean6 - Love it!

The rise to that belt and the road to get there was the greatest trip we will probably ever get to see in our lifetimes.

Hate his personality if you want, but the man did what he said he would and did it in devastating fashion!

The 2nd part of what you wrote is the part I disagree with. He had a fairly easy road to the title considering others had to beat more top opponents. His title win is pretty god damn badass, I won't even dispute that.
4/19/17 1:32 PM
11/24/07
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

The 2nd part of what you wrote is the part I disagree with. He had a fairly easy road to the title considering others had to beat more top opponents. His title win is pretty god damn badass, I won't even dispute that.
How many had a tougher road though? Conor won five straight before his shot.

Edgar beat no one at FW and got a title shot. Korean zombie won three fights in a row and got one. Lamas won four fights in a row and got one. Kenny florian won one fight and got one.
4/19/17 3:21 PM
10/6/02
what is going to happen if he knocks out Maywether? Will be the greatest of all sports.

4/19/17 3:53 PM
5/17/13
da Vinci 81 -
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

Edgar beat no one at FW and got a title shot. Korean zombie won three fights in a row and got one. Lamas won four fights in a row and got one. Kenny florian won one fight and got one.

Conor also was impressive wins Holloway, Porier, Mendes

4/19/17 3:58 PM
9/5/11
da Vinci 81 -
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

But none of those guys make UGers as angry as Conor does. That's the difference. 

4/19/17 4:50 PM
12/28/14

Big fan of mcgregor but I really hate John kavanaugh. He's Edmond with an Irish accent and an incredibly talented student who happens to be the most accurate striker in the history of mma and he's just a bjj coach.

4/19/17 5:03 PM
1/7/13

Goosebumps.

4/19/17 5:59 PM
12/26/07
ShanTheMan - 
Ocean6 - Love it!

Who else called the rounds and KO'd their opponents like he did? NO ONE

Who else talked such game? NO ONE

I don't see a greater all around performance to get there than his...

cheers
4/19/17 6:03 PM
5/11/06
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

A ton of guys have had a MUCH easier road to a title shot.  

4/19/17 6:08 PM
2/24/10

There's a also this source that hasn't seen that much light: http://bitly.com/1H9DQSz

It was like he was never going to give up, never going to let the fans down.

4/19/17 6:18 PM
3/14/13

When the one guy from Aldo's corner falls off the chair after seeing Aldo get koed the commission guy picks up the stool as (thank you).  Btw its on the fox video behind the scenes for this fight

4/19/17 6:29 PM
9/3/12

Sub 

4/19/17 6:52 PM
10/5/11

Aldo's coaches were talking shit all the time before the fight. I remember that they said McGregor had chicken legs and wouldn't withstand Aldo's brutal leg kicks.

It's not like Aldo needed a specific confidence boost going into that particular fight or as if he were too emotional.

4/19/17 7:14 PM
4/28/15
Media Monster -

There's a also this source that hasn't seen that much light: http://bitly.com/1H9DQSz

It was like he was never going to give up, never going to let the fans down.

You son of a bitch
4/19/17 7:54 PM
7/20/01
^ my god - the owner of that vid has made like, literally a millions dollars from youtube off just the views
4/19/17 8:17 PM
4/22/07
da Vinci 81 - 
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

I think he would have gotten there eventually, and beating Poirier was awesome. Beating Siver meant very little even then. He was scheduled for a title fight before Aldo pulled out and they offered the fight to Mendes so that is where the road ends.

Meanwhile at the time Cub was on a nice win streak of a few top 10 guys iirc. I understand giving it to Conor 100% I just don't think he had some crazy road to the title.
4/19/17 9:00 PM
8/31/10
colubrid1 - what is going to happen if he knocks out Maywether? Will be the greatest of all sports.

If he does that, he should go on to win a Boston Marathon and really cement is place in sports lore forever!

4/19/17 9:47 PM
11/24/07
ShanTheMan -
da Vinci 81 - 
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

I think he would have gotten there eventually, and beating Poirier was awesome. Beating Siver meant very little even then. He was scheduled for a title fight before Aldo pulled out and they offered the fight to Mendes so that is where the road ends.

Meanwhile at the time Cub was on a nice win streak of a few top 10 guys iirc. I understand giving it to Conor 100% I just don't think he had some crazy road to the title.

I agree Cub did get screwed out of his title shot. But Conor was the most interesting matchup in the division for Aldo and he had the momentum. 

4/19/17 10:27 PM
6/23/14
da Vinci 81 -
ShanTheMan -
da Vinci 81 - 
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

I agree Cub did get screwed out of his title shot. But Conor was the most interesting matchup in the division for Aldo and he had the momentum. 

Cub lost his title shot when he lost to Edgar. I think he was next in line for sure if he had won. He beat Jeremy Stephens before that in a five rounder nobody remembers. Doesn't really warrant automatic title shot.
4/20/17 12:50 AM
8/19/15
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

Who had a tougher road to the shot at 145 than him? 

You seem to forget it was a time in the weight class where Aldo was fighting once a year and they were giving out title shots like candy to anyone that would fight him. 

Conor put together a solid like 6-7 fight win streak and deserved his shot. 

4/20/17 1:10 AM
4/22/07
da Vinci 81 -
ShanTheMan -
da Vinci 81 - 
ShanTheMan -
Ocean6 - Love it!

Thats kind of what I am saying. Cant answer all the quotes but plenty of guys were fighting each other in the top 10 while Siver got his rank changed for Conor. This opinion was not a minority one when it was going on. I guess I am just the jerkoff speaking up. Doesnt really take away from Conor at all imo but pretending his road to the title was climbing everest just is revising history.