UnderGround Forums Usman vs. Colby Covington UFC Fighter Predictions

9 days ago
10/24/13

8 days ago
5/22/17

Was that masvidal prediction before or after him and Colby started beefing?

8 days ago
5/22/17

Colby got all these dudes in their feelings lol. Gonna be glorious when Colby puts a brutal beating on Marty. 

8 days ago
2/5/06
It's funny seeing a lot of fighters "predict" the fight with their emotions.

In reality this fight is a toss up
8 days ago
10/6/02
Choosing who they are routing for. That was quite obvious.

8 days ago
3/17/14

LOL Derrick Lewis didnt know who either of them were

8 days ago
10/24/13
knappster -

LOL Derrick Lewis didnt know who either of them were

thats the funniest part

Edited: 8 days ago
12/7/18
Talee -

Masvidal's prediction is spot fucking on. Their wrestling is going to cancel each other's out, and it's going to be a stand-up fight, where Colby has consistently proven to be the far superior more technically sound striker. Usman can only win via landing a big shot, and yet hes not known for being a power puncher. This is an absolutely perfect match up for Colby. Its Colby's fight to win 1000%

I see newbs talking about how Usman is just going to put Colby up against the fence, and "out-muscle" him with his size and strength. But what's going to make the difference, and it is being completely under-looked, is Colby's tenacity on the inside, clinch game, and inside fighting.

Usman is going to grab a hold of Colby, and he's going to realise quick enough, how much of a lethal error he made in his gameplanning when Colby's throwing elbows and knees inside, and getting the hands free and going to the body etc. Colby isn't Woodley. Colby is going to make Usman work in that clinch. Usman will gas out hard. I also see Colby being able to knock Usman out with strikes off the clinch, off the break. Colby has good striking in that transitional period out of the clinch. Usman is not prepared for that.

I can see Usman scoring early takedowns with his size, that Colby gets up from with ease (Colby is a much higher level wrestler). I can see Usman having some success early on using his strength to hold Colby to the fence. But I fully expect rounds 2 through 5 to be a complete massacre washout in Colby's favor, once Usman starts gassing out trying to fight with Colby on the inside, and starts to realise that he cant break Colby with Colby always right there in his face returning, making him work, and out-working him. I'm expecting a round 4 accumulation stoppage for Colby IF Colby doesnt knock him out earlier with a strike out of the clinch. Colby came really close to knocking Lawlor out, out of the clinch 

8 days ago
12/28/14

I never realized how stupid and guided by emotion most of these fighters are. I’d love to his dominik Cruz’s analysis. It would probably be spot on. I was surprised how poor felder’s analysis.

Almost every single one of these guys talked about Covington’s personality before they even mentioned anything about his ability. 

It’s pretty clear Covington is the better wrestler on paper and he is actually the better mma wrestler as well. 

the only clear advantage unman has is size and presumably strength as well. Will Covington gas himself out trying to wrestle and move a body much larger than him? I don’t know. Covington is more skilled and comes from a better gym with better coaching. Very interesting fight but I lean towards Covington and I believe masvidal is giving a completely objective opinion. He obviously hates Covington but gave a bunch of valid reasons why he thinks Covington will win. 

the people who picked Covington to lose basically all just said, “I don’t like Covington, I think he’ll lose.” Great insight by a bunch of emotional weaklings. It made me think less of each one of them. I’d love to see Cruz’s analysis

Edited: 8 days ago
12/7/18
failure at life -

I never realized how stupid and guided by emotion most of these fighters are. I’d love to his dominik Cruz’s analysis. It would probably be spot on. I was surprised how poor felder’s analysis.

Almost every single one of these guys talked about Covington’s personality before they even mentioned anything about his ability. 

It’s pretty clear Covington is the better wrestler on paper and he is actually the better mma wrestler as well. 

the only clear advantage unman has is size and presumably strength as well. Will Covington gas himself out trying to wrestle and move a body much larger than him? I don’t know. Covington is more skilled and comes from a better gym with better coaching. Very interesting fight but I lean towards Covington and I believe masvidal is giving a completely objective opinion. He obviously hates Covington but gave a bunch of valid reasons why he thinks Covington will win. 

the people who picked Covington to lose basically all just said, “I don’t like Covington, I think he’ll lose.” Great insight by a bunch of emotional weaklings. It made me think less of each one of them. I’d love to see Cruz’s analysis

Great post all around. And yeah, Masvidal really nailed it. Masvidal has more actual beef with Colby, then anyone else in that video lol, and yet it was Masvidal who put that all aside to give an objective call. If anything this video just makes you appreciate Masvidal more. How are we sure that the actual purpose of this video was not to showcase Masvidal lol j/k. He showed how he can put aside his emoticons when need be.

Man, just thinking about it, Masvidal vs Colby would be such fucking fire. I would pay 100$ for Masvidal vs Colby. Inject that fight into my viens. Conor vs the winner would be historic 

Anyways It's funny, there's this misconception that just because someone fights for a living he knows about fighting. Look at how many politicians there are in high positions who don't have a fucking clue about anything. Most fighters are meatheads just fighting off instincts. On top of that, they are emotional and pick based on emotion. most fighters have the opinions of an online troll lol. there really is no difference lol

8 days ago
9/27/15
SandBlaster - 

Colby got all these dudes in their feelings lol. Gonna be glorious when Colby puts a brutal beating on Marty. 

It's not going to happen though..Usman is just as good at Mma wrestling as Colby and he's much bigger, stronger and faster..he hits harder too so I don't know how you guys are that confident in Colby
8 days ago
9/27/15
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Talee -

Masvidal's prediction is spot fucking on. Their wrestling is going to cancel each other's out, and it's going to be a stand-up fight, where Colby has consistently proven to be the far superior more technically sound striker. Usman can only win via landing a big shot, and yet hes not known for being a power puncher. This is an absolutely perfect match up for Colby. Its Colby's fight to win 1000%

I see newbs talking about how Usman is just going to put Colby up against the fence, and "out-muscle" him with his size and strength. But what's going to make the difference, and it is being completely under-looked, is Colby's tenacity on the inside, clinch game, and inside fighting.

Usman is going to grab a hold of Colby, and he's going to realise quick enough, how much of a lethal error he made in his gameplanning when Colby's throwing elbows and knees inside, and getting the hands free and going to the body etc. Colby isn't Woodley. Colby is going to make Usman work in that clinch. Usman will gas out hard. I also see Colby being able to knock Usman out with strikes off the clinch, off the break. Colby has good striking in that transitional period out of the clinch. Usman is not prepared for that.

I can see Usman scoring early takedowns with his size, that Colby gets up from with ease (Colby is a much higher level wrestler). I can see Usman having some success early on using his strength to hold Colby to the fence. But I fully expect rounds 2 through 5 to be a complete massacre washout in Colby's favor, once Usman starts gassing out trying to fight with Colby on the inside, and starts to realise that he cant break Colby with Colby always right there in his face returning, making him work, and out-working him. I'm expecting a round 4 accumulation stoppage for Colby IF Colby doesnt knock him out earlier with a strike out of the clinch. Colby came really close to knocking Lawlor out, out of the clinch 

Woodley was a better wrestler than Usman too and look what happened there lol..Usman rag dolled and out wrestled Woodley with ease and he will do the same with Colby

You have it backwards, Colby as soon as they clinch up the first time, he is going to realize Usman is much better than he originally thought..but by then, you can't switch game plans..

Ya wanna make screename bet on this fight?
7 days ago
12/28/14
ConorWinsTheRematch -
failure at life -

Great post all around. And yeah, Masvidal really nailed it. Masvidal has more actual beef with Colby, then anyone else in that video lol, and yet it was Masvidal who put that all aside to give an objective call. If anything this video just makes you appreciate Masvidal more. How are we sure that the actual purpose of this video was not to showcase Masvidal lol j/k. He showed how he can put aside his emoticons when need be.

Man, just thinking about it, Masvidal vs Colby would be such fucking fire. I would pay 100$ for Masvidal vs Colby. Inject that fight into my viens. Conor vs the winner would be historic 

Anyways It's funny, there's this misconception that just because someone fights for a living he knows about fighting. Look at how many politicians there are in high positions who don't have a fucking clue about anything. Most fighters are meatheads just fighting off instincts. On top of that, they are emotional and pick based on emotion. most fighters have the opinions of an online troll lol. there really is no difference lol

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. And I absolutely agree that his unemotional statement of his opinions rooted in sound logic make me a much bigger fan of masvidal. He’s obviously a very intelligent guy who isn’t governed my emotions and he’s the only guy there with a legitimate reason to dislike or even hate Covington. Covington actually fucked him over personally. 

the rest of the fighters just sound like whining little bitches. For the supposed toughest people on the planet, they are easily offended by a guy they don’t even know.

7 days ago
1/23/06
MAGAFighter Fan - 

LOL
Edited: 7 days ago
12/28/14
ons ear -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Talee -

Woodley was a better wrestler than Usman too and look what happened there lol..Usman rag dolled and out wrestled Woodley with ease and he will do the same with Colby

You have it backwards, Colby as soon as they clinch up the first time, he is going to realize Usman is much better than he originally thought..but by then, you can't switch game plans..

Usman may very well beast Covington but let’s be honest, it’s probably not going to be easy either way. Both guys have outstanding cardio and mma wrestling. You sound like one of these emotional idiots who hates Colby and can’t wait to see him lose

Woodley is a much different fighter than Covington. Woodley never had a gas tank. Usman set a pace that woodley couldn’t go at.

Woodley has always had a cardio deficiency. Usman and Covington do not. Covington may wear himself out and gas himself trying to out wrestle usman because of the size difference but when you watch the setups and chain wrestling combinations that Covington is putting together against the cage, it is technically superior to anything that usman does. Usman just put woodley against the cage, threw hard uppercuts to the body from the under/over and muscled woodley to the mat with a a body lock. Woodley has no idea how to get to his feet from his back or do anything really. Woodley felt usman’s strength and pressure and decided that he was only going to fight in order to not get finished, he gave up trying to win early in the first round.

No one in mma has ever taken down Robbie lawler and held him down and broke him like that, no one. Covington is a superior technical mma wrestler to usman, both out in open mat and against the cage, his setups are better, he chains takedown attempts together better and his ability to hold guys down and make them work back up to the feet is more sophisticated. Covington also has much, much better coaching than usman and he also has totally superior wrestling partners. Covington is continuing to wrestle with physically larger, national to international level partners such as steve mocco and pat Downey. His wrestling is still getting better. Usman trains with a couple of former all-Americans at hard knocks.

Anyone who actually knows what they are looking at will tell you Covington is both the better credentialed wrestler and the better mma wrestler. Usman is much, much, much larger and Covington’s technical superiority may not matter. Good big men beat great little men and despite them both checking in at 170, usman dwarfs him and trying to wrestle and move usman’s bodyweight may exhaust Covington and cause him to loose but don’t kind yourself, if you aren’t an emotional bitch who is blinded by your hate for Covington, you can see he’s really a great wrestler within the context of mma.

I could also see Covington getting knocked out with a right hand while he’s throwing that shitty switch kick he does. It’s very slow, easy to see coming and time.

7 days ago
12/7/18
ons ear -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Talee -

Did you not even read this part

"Colby isn't Woodley. Colby is going to make Usman work in that clinch"

Dumbass troll. anyone who thinks the Woodley fight means anything to this fight, is either delusional and or doesnt know shit about fighting (or both). Woodley backs himself to the fence. Colby is the one who puts opponents to the fence. Woodley averages like 3 strikes a round. colby averages like 100 strikes a round lol. Woodley is shit in the clinch. Colby is fire in the clinch and out of the clinch. Woodley is one of the most robotic fighters ever. While Colby flows from striking to takedowns to clinch striking far far smoother and better. In other words Colby mixes it up. Where as with Woodley all you have to worry about is a seperate double leg and a seperate right hand. You are in for a rude awakening if you think this fight resembles anything about the Woodley fight. I have it on good word that Colby use to fuck the shit out of Woodley in sparring. You have no idea what you're talking about troll

Edited: 7 days ago
12/7/18
failure at life -
ons ear -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Talee -

Usman may very well beast Covington but let’s be honest, it’s probably not going to be easy either way. Both guys have outstanding cardio and mma wrestling. You sound like one of these emotional idiots who hates Colby and can’t wait to see him lose

Woodley is a much different fighter than Covington. Woodley never had a gas tank. Usman set a pace that woodley couldn’t go at.

Woodley has always had a cardio deficiency. Usman and Covington do not. Covington may wear himself out and gas himself trying to out wrestle usman because of the size difference but when you watch the setups and chain wrestling combinations that Covington is putting together against the cage, it is technically superior to anything that usman does. Usman just put woodley against the cage, threw hard uppercuts to the body from the under/over and muscled woodley to the mat with a a body lock. Woodley has no idea how to get to his feet from his back or do anything really. Woodley felt usman’s strength and pressure and decided that he was only going to fight in order to not get finished, he gave up trying to win early in the first round.

No one in mma has ever taken down Robbie lawler and held him down and broke him like that, no one. Covington is a superior technical mma wrestler to usman, both out in open mat and against the cage, his setups are better, he chains takedown attempts together better and his ability to hold guys down and make them work back up to the feet is more sophisticated. Covington also has much, much better coaching than usman and he also has totally superior wrestling partners. Covington is continuing to wrestle with physically larger, national to international level partners such as steve mocco and pat Downey. His wrestling is still getting better. Usman trains with a couple of former all-Americans at hard knocks.

Anyone who actually knows what they are looking at will tell you Covington is both the better credentialed wrestler and the better mma wrestler. Usman is much, much, much larger and Covington’s technical superiority may not matter. Good big men beat great little men and despite them both checking in at 170, usman dwarfs him and trying to wrestle and move usman’s bodyweight may exhaust Covington and cause him to loose but don’t kind yourself, if you aren’t an emotional bitch who is blinded by your hate for Covington, you can see he’s really a great wrestler within the context of mma.

I could also see Covington getting knocked out with a right hand while he’s throwing that shitty switch kick he does. It’s very slow, easy to see coming and time.

Usman has a tiny punchers chance. Hes never really been known for KOs. I think it's more logical for Colby to knock Usman out out of the clinch. Anyways, that guy is a liberal race troll. He picks fights based only on skin color. Check my reply to him. Anyone who thinks the Woodley fight has any bearing on this fight has no idea what they are talking about. Woodley and Colby couldn't be any more different. I've also heard that Colby use to literally fuck Woodley (without the lube) every day in sparring. Colby is a way better fighter then Usman. The only way Usman can really win is if Colby doesnt show up and Usman squeaks out a controversial decision with his weight cutting size advantage. Usman needs to be at MW. 

7 days ago
11/20/05
failure at life -

Exactly.... Dustin too. You could tell Dustin was conflicted between...i think Colby is a prick, but still wanna give you guys objective analysis. The rest were basically a bunch of emotional children, except Derrick Lewis who didn't know who they were... But still picked Marty when someone told him he was that African dude.

6 days ago
1/1/01
SandBlaster -

Lol correct!  VU 

6 days ago
1/1/01

Generally when you have two fighters with the same base, whoever is stronger at the base, gets the win. Even if the other guy has more tools and is generally a better fighter, it comes back to their base.

When the pressure is on, people are generally forced / or naturally turn to what they have as their instinctive trained focus.On the ground / getting to the ground is there really a known advantage between these two? The gas tank comments are a good view too. Nothing ruins technique and defence like getting tired. What is the UG's view of Usman's wind?

6 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Talee -

Great analysis—agreed. 

6 days ago
12/7/18
Wildcard -

Generally when you have two fighters with the same base, whoever is stronger at the base, gets the win. Even if the other guy has more tools and is generally a better fighter, it comes back to their base.

When the pressure is on, people are generally forced / or naturally turn to what they have as their instinctive trained focus.On the ground / getting to the ground is there really a known advantage between these two? The gas tank comments are a good view too. Nothing ruins technique and defence like getting tired. What is the UG's view of Usman's wind?

History shows that when 2 wrestlers fight it becomes a stand up fight 9 out of 10 times and Colby is the far better striker. Striking and boxing favor the smaller more technical striker. Its def Colby's fight to win. 

Usman is much bigger, but Colby is a much more skilled wrestler, as confirmed by sparring partners and their wrestling creditionals, so at the least, Colby should be able to nullify Usman's wrestling. It's easy for usman to "show good cardio" against low-out put fighters he can dictate the pace to. But Colby is going to be throwing 50 punches a round, making Usman work in the clinch, making Usman work every second of every round. unless usman is on epo I'm fully expectinh Usman to gas completely out by the middle or end of the 2nd round. colby has proven his cardio in high paced grueling fights. Usman has never proven his cardio in the same kind of high paced fights Colby loves. Usman only "shows good cardio" when hes able to slown down the pace and dictate against low volume fighters. Theres a massive difference there. There is no slowing down Colby. This is 100% Colby's fight to win

6 days ago
12/24/10

Lol not one black guy picked  Colby. Masvidal is the man. He was objective and had an analysis not feelings. I too think Colby can win via pace. Usman is a tough SOB and may be too big for Colby. We will fond out soon enough.

lol at Lewis - he is fucking hilarious

6 days ago
12/7/18
phatcat -

Lol not one black guy picked  Colby. Masvidal is the man. He was objective and had an analysis not feelings. I too think Colby can win via pace. Usman is a tough SOB and may be too big for Colby. We will fond out soon enough.

lol at Lewis - he is fucking hilarious

Blacks are racist as fuck. It's crazy how no one calls out black fighters for picking fights, or cheering, based only on skin color. But if it was a white fan or white fighter who did the same they would be called out on it. The racist double standards are insane 

6 days ago
3/29/11

You’d think professional fighters would be able to pick a fight based on skills and not their bullshit emotions.