5/31/13 12:26 AM
2/10/13
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 12:28 AM
9/3/12
Fuck this guy Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 12:37 AM
11/8/12
As a die-hard capitalist, I agree with him.

If you're going to sign somebody, make an investment. Pay them enough so they don't have to worry about bills for awhile and give them enough leeway to grow and develop within the org.

It builds human capital and will likely pay off in the long run.
5/31/13 12:38 AM
7/26/11
Great Idea coming from Volkmann. I would love to see a minimum pay standard in the UFC.

You Ayn Rand worshiping fucks that are opposed to this idea need to wake up and realize that these fighters deserve to make a decent living. They have themselves and their families to support.

Fuck unfettered capitalism and fuck Free Marker ideology.

People before profit. The UFC needs a fighters union.
5/31/13 12:39 AM
5/16/08
This what a UFC fighter truly believes in the age of Obama.

Pitiful.
5/31/13 12:41 AM
1/1/01
Werd! Having your finances in order takes a ton of variables out of the mix for a newly signed fighter.

MMA is a fucking difficult way to earn a living, even when you're with the biggest, most popular organization in the industry.

It shouldn't be that way.
5/31/13 12:45 AM
4/19/13
30k a year to get your ass kicked on two FUEL prelims. Right.

Do fighters not realize that most fighters in the UFC now are mediocre on a good day? And they get signed to fill up a slot on one of the million events the UFC has now? They seem to think they're owed something. They're completely and utterly delusional.
5/31/13 12:54 AM
7/26/11
CanofPineapple - 30k a year to get your ass kicked on two FUEL prelims. Right.

Do fighters not realize that most fighters in the UFC now are mediocre on a good day? And they get signed to fill up a slot on one of the million events the UFC has now? They seem to think they're owed something. They're completely and utterly delusional.

You do realize that the UFC makes its money off of the sweat,blood and tears of the fighters? The UFC would not even be an organization without the fighters. The UFC and the fighters need each other.

Why should the company make all the money while the fighters, who make the UFC its fortune get used up like disposable machines?

If many of those low level fighters were paid better, they could train full time and develop into better fighters. The fighters could make more money and the fans would be treated to better fights.

5/31/13 1:35 AM
5/30/12
He is delusional if he thinks any one gives a fuck what he thinks Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 1:46 AM
9/12/04
creepymcfinger - He is delusional if he thinks any one gives a fuck what he thinks Phone Post 3.0

so you didnt read it

5/31/13 1:47 AM
5/30/12
That is correct Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 1:48 AM
7/29/02

Volkmann's nick-name should be The Grave Digger. I respect him, when he burns a bridge he uses napalm and thermite.

5/31/13 1:55 AM
2/15/12
OppressedAtheist -
CanofPineapple - 30k a year to get your ass kicked on two FUEL prelims. Right.

You do realize that the UFC makes its money off of the sweat,blood and tears of the fighters? The UFC would not even be an organization without the fighters. The UFC and the fighters need each other.

Why should the company make all the money while the fighters, who make the UFC its fortune get used up like disposable machines?

If many of those low level fighters were paid better, they could train full time and develop into better fighters. The fighters could make more money and the fans would be treated to better fights.

Before the UFC came along how many of these guys had a chance to keep fighting as a career? How many American fighters were there really in PRIDE? Stop acting like all the UFC did was just show up, build an octagon and magically started making money. They are just as important to the sport as the fighters are. Phone Post
5/31/13 1:58 AM
2/15/12
OppressedAtheist - Great Idea coming from Volkmann. I would love to see a minimum pay standard in the UFC.

You Ayn Rand worshiping fucks that are opposed to this idea need to wake up and realize that these fighters deserve to make a decent living. They have themselves and their families to support.

Except all those things go against Jacob Volkmann's political beliefs. Well at least they did until it started affecting him negatively. Phone Post
5/31/13 2:06 AM
5/30/12
I got a bunch of vote downs for saying no one gives a fuck what he thinks, too clarify my stance I totally agree that a pro fighter making 4000 to fight in the ufc is unacceptable, I just don't think the message Is well received coming from this guy Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 2:08 AM
1/1/01

LMAO @ The champion of right-wing ideals and Obama hating calling for minimum anything...

How's that shoe feel on the other foot douchebag.

5/31/13 2:13 AM
2/15/12
pulsar -

LMAO @ The champion of right-wing ideals and Obama hating calling for minimum anything...

How's that shoe feel on the other foot douchebag.

But in his defense he said all that stuff before he needed a handout. Phone Post
5/31/13 2:19 AM
5/22/12
OppressedAtheist - Great Idea coming from Volkmann. I would love to see a minimum pay standard in the UFC.

lol commie
5/31/13 3:11 AM
1/1/01
3 Sided Square - 
OppressedAtheist - Great Idea coming from Volkmann. I would love to see a minimum pay standard in the UFC.

lol commie

Preach on brother, fighters should be happy with what they get!

Bring on the animal pits and spike traps I reckon.

5/31/13 3:39 AM
1/31/13
OppressedAtheist - Great Idea coming from Volkmann. I would love to see a minimum pay standard in the UFC.

I don't see the reasoning in the 'family to support' argument.
It's not an employers duty to change a pay scale relative to the number of dependents their employee has. Its the employees personal responsibility to manage their costs relative to their income.

Maybe while a young guy is pursuing an Mma career and is still getting 5/5 on undercards it isn't the right time to have a child , and the additional costs associated.
Or, maybe if the young guy really wants to start a family, considering the insecure nature of fighter income (big difference between win / loss, impact of ranking etc) maybe continuing the career in fighting isn't in his family's best interests. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 3:46 AM
3/19/04
pulsar - 
3 Sided Square - 

lol commie

Preach on brother, fighters should be happy with what they get!

Bring on the animal pits and spike traps I reckon.

It's not the UFC's job to make people happy. They, the UFC, offer contracts that are beneficial to the UFC and that are likely to benefit the other party enough that they will accept them. The fighter is free to accept or decline the contract. This is how free people operate and there is no obligation for either party.

You think the UFC should overpay because they have a lot of money. Having money should not erode anybody's rights.

5/31/13 3:47 AM
2/24/11
As much as I genuinely dislike volkmann, I don't think making the basic pay $15k would kill the UFC. It would lose the ufc maybe 20k per fight x maybe 6 fights on average per card. Thats only 120k per card which wouldn't be the end of the ufc. I quite like this suggestion. Phone Post 3.0