UnderGround Forums Watching Gaetjhe is frustrating

8 days ago
9/27/15
Sure, he is tough and usually makes for a great fight but he's getting his brain jacked every fight..he is a great wrestler that never uses his wrestling..why?!one of his biggest tools he never brings out and it's silly...in 5-10 years he will start to stutter like Liddell and other boxers and it will be sad..

Now that we all know he can be beaten using that style do you hint he will change it up a bit? I really don't want to watch him get almost Koed several times every time he steps out there..
8 days ago
1/1/01

People were saying this during his Wsof days. They also said that his style won't work well against UFC guys. All true stuff, I hope he switches it up a bit. That shit aint healthy.

8 days ago
1/21/18

stuttering like liddell would indicate he has carved out enough popularity for them to keep putting him at the top of big cards so his name can sell them. he just got thumped on a fight pass card, he wont be in the ufc long enough to be a liddell, theyre not paying him enough. The question becomes, will he continue to get rattled on the local circuit after he is inevitably cut from the ufc, because he will eventually get cut if he doesnt evolve and loses in this way.

8 days ago
12/9/05

He needs to leave Trevor Whitman for someone who will encourage him to evolve past strictly ‘outlast and outendure’ fighting.

Small adjustments would make his game much more effective and improve his quality of life dramatically from not taking as much damage.

8 days ago
12/7/10

Don't tell him how to fight, and he won't tell you how to post. If he had taken Poirer down to wrestle, you'd probably be the number one screaming WHY DIDN'T HE TRY TO KO POIRER?? THAT'S HIS SPECIALITY!!

Dude is a unique fighter. Says this is what I'm gonna do and you know how I'm gonna do it. If you can stop me, great. Otherwise heavy hands gonna fly. The reason why he is a top draw is because a lot of fans like that style. Some may not and that's their choice

Gaethje's got nothing to apologize for, or be embarrassed by that loss. He gave it his absolute 100% most violent effort and just came up short at the end.

8 days ago
4/11/10

8 days ago
1/1/01

wasnt a smart fight IMO.His leg kicks are super but when he was hurt he basically said come kick my ass and Porier obliged

8 days ago
10/9/10
Winston Wolf -

wasnt a smart fight IMO.His leg kicks are super but when he was hurt he basically said come kick my ass and Porier obliged

Lol I love Gaethje, but this is true. 

8 days ago
3/29/10

He said post fight that he will probably only fight 5 more times. 

8 days ago
5/20/10

His defense consists of putting his chin into his chest and biting down on his mouthpiece. 

He could really benefit from working on his boxing defense. Otherwise he’s gonna have a short career. 

I hate to say it, but after being punched in the head that many times and rung like he did last night is going to make that chin go real fast.  

8 days ago
1/1/01
Dead President -

Strong mullet game right there. He must have shaved it right after weigh ins 

8 days ago
12/7/10
mmamozza -

And the UFC should handsomely reward him for all of those fights.

Put some respek to the man's name.

8 days ago
5/17/08
mmamozza -

even 5 more might be too much if they're like his past few.  It stops being entertaining when you know a dude is gonna lose but can just take a lot of punishment.

8 days ago
6/3/11
Gullivers Travels -
mmamozza -

even 5 more might be too much if they're like his past few.  It stops being entertaining when you know a dude is gonna lose but can just take a lot of punishment.

Maybe find a different sport. This might be too much for you. Watch the fight, don't over think it. He's doing what he wants 

8 days ago
10/24/04

Not Whitman's fault. This is the only way Gaethie wants to fight and he won't last much longer. Such a pity. 

8 days ago
12/30/12

Watching Gaetjhe is fucking awesome

8 days ago
8/5/13

Op is a delicate flower.

7 days ago
4/28/06
It baffles me how Whitman can nurse Namajunas into a super technical fighter who can follow a gameplan to a tee, and at the same time coach Gaetje who fights like a god damn zombie on speed.
7 days ago
12/27/11
stainlesssteel -

Don't tell him how to fight, and he won't tell you how to post. If he had taken Poirer down to wrestle, you'd probably be the number one screaming WHY DIDN'T HE TRY TO KO POIRER?? THAT'S HIS SPECIALITY!!

Dude is a unique fighter. Says this is what I'm gonna do and you know how I'm gonna do it. If you can stop me, great. Otherwise heavy hands gonna fly. The reason why he is a top draw is because a lot of fans like that style. Some may not and that's their choice

Gaethje's got nothing to apologize for, or be embarrassed by that loss. He gave it his absolute 100% most violent effort and just came up short at the end.

Why did he shave his mullet for the fight?

Looks like Nicolas Cage in Con Air.
7 days ago
10/5/17
mmamozza -

Shit really? Good health choice

6 days ago
5/22/11
RightHandOfDOOM -

stuttering like liddell would indicate he has carved out enough popularity for them to keep putting him at the top of big cards so his name can sell them. he just got thumped on a fight pass card, he wont be in the ufc long enough to be a liddell, theyre not paying him enough. The question becomes, will he continue to get rattled on the local circuit after he is inevitably cut from the ufc, because he will eventually get cut if he doesnt evolve and loses in this way.

It was a Fox card, not fight pass,that he headlined. His 1st UFC fight was fight of the year canidate that he won over Michael Johnson then lost to Eddie A, ex division champ, and Poirier who is in title contention with this win. Both losses being fight of the nights as well. In regard of pay vs talent, a fighter thats won "fight of the night" in all 3 of his UFC bouts would make him more valuable especially at a lower cost than a Chuck of years ago. More bang for your buck so to say makes it more likely he wouldnt go anywhere.

6 days ago
11/21/10

Gaethje lost the fight when he did the 1 way too common terrible-fight IQ move - he rocked Poirier with a short elbow.. Poirer's equilibrium is fucked. 1 more good shot or combo and he crumbles. Sensing this and not being a wrestler, he moves backwards to try to gather himself. He awkwardly backs into the fence as rocked fighters do, a sitting duck for Gaethje. Instead of unloading on the guy as he had been the entire fight, Gaethje then closes the distance and tries to dirty box with him while focusing on the Leg. It made 0 sense. It was as if his entire mindset was to try to break Poirier by damaging the leg and when the KO presented itself he didn't go for the Kill. As a huge Gaethje fan I was pretty butthurt to see that..

5 days ago
6/18/16

U mean,"Fun?"

5 days ago
12/7/10
newjack900 -

Gaethje lost the fight when he did the 1 way too common terrible-fight IQ move - he rocked Poirier with a short elbow.. Poirer's equilibrium is fucked. 1 more good shot or combo and he crumbles. Sensing this and not being a wrestler, he moves backwards to try to gather himself. He awkwardly backs into the fence as rocked fighters do, a sitting duck for Gaethje. Instead of unloading on the guy as he had been the entire fight, Gaethje then closes the distance and tries to dirty box with him while focusing on the Leg. It made 0 sense. It was as if his entire mindset was to try to break Poirier by damaging the leg and when the KO presented itself he didn't go for the Kill. As a huge Gaethje fan I was pretty butthurt to see that..

Exactly! And the guys saying Poirer was never hurt. I'm like, what the heck fight were you watching?? Gaethje was about 2 brutal leg kicks from dropping Poirer for good. 

5 days ago
12/7/10
rIKmAN -
stainlesssteel -

Why did he shave his mullet for the fight?

Looks like Nicolas Cage in Con Air.

Nicholas who??