UnderGround Forums Which MMA result bothered you the most?

24 days ago
8/19/17

Rather it was a screwy finish, a lost bet, or just seeing your favorite guy lose. Which one got you the most?

Mine was Wanderlei losing to chuck. My fave fighter lost, and I lost money on it. 

Some others were Nick losing to condit, akiyama losing to bisping, and Fedor losing to Bigfoot. Because not only do I like Fedor, but I can't stand Bigfoot.

24 days ago
8/6/13

I've always been a Forrest fan and the way he got beaten by Anderson just blew me away. 

I felt really bad for him. I was just amazed that Anderson was able to do that

24 days ago
10/31/15
Randy vs Chuck UFC 52
24 days ago
8/19/17
209'd@170 -

I've always been a Forrest fan and the way he got beaten by Anderson just blew me away. 

Isn't that the one where Forrest ran out of the cage as soon as the fight was over?

I'm not really a fan of either of them, but I was rooting for Forrest.

Another one of mine was both of the Frankie vs Benson fights. Like Frankie, dislike Benson. 

24 days ago
7/18/11

The way Nate Diaz lost to Josh Thompson. 

24 days ago
8/19/17
ufc40GotMeHooked - Randy vs Chuck UFC 52

I hated the UFC 57 one more than the one at 52. Was always a Randy fan, never really a chuck fan.

24 days ago
8/6/06
Gomi vs Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk vs Evan Dunham. Those both really bothered me.
24 days ago
8/19/17
SickEye -

The way Nate Diaz lost to Josh Thompson. 

Ugh. I actually recorded it but someone told me the result before I got a chance to watch, so I never even watched it lol

24 days ago
2/29/16
Anderson vs Weidman 2, I hoped Anderson was going to come back like a killer, not showboat, and win in dominant fashion.
24 days ago
10/31/15
MR31 -
ufc40GotMeHooked - Randy vs Chuck UFC 52

I hated the UFC 57 one more than the one at 52. Was always a Randy fan, never really a chuck fan.

I wasn't a to happy about that one too
24 days ago
12/8/14
Conor over Aldo. End of the "honorable" phase of the sport.
24 days ago
8/2/05

At the time Tito beating Ken Shamrock in the first fight.

Any time BJ Penn lost

The way Royce Gracie got beat by Matt Hughes

Miesha Tate losing her last two fights, you could see her heart wasnt in it anymore. When she beat Holm she was hungry for that belt, when she beat McMann she out wrestled an olympian. I honestly thought she would have smashed Nunes and Pennington. 

Cruz losing to Cody

24 days ago
8/19/17
64FordF100 - Anderson vs Weidman 2, I hoped Anderson was going to come back like a killer, not showboat, and win in dominant fashion.

That was a bad one. Lost money on it. Also seeing Anderson laying there clutching his leg wasn't fun. At the time, considering his age and the fact that he lost 2 in a row, I thought that was going to be his last moment in the cage. It would've been a shame. But after all that's happened since then, it probably would've been better for his legacy (no pun intended) if he woulda called it quits then.

24 days ago
8/6/13
64FordF100 - Anderson vs Weidman 2, I hoped Anderson was going to come back like a killer, not showboat, and win in dominant fashion.

Scrap my earlier answer. This is the correct one. 

This was the moment it became obvious that one of the greatest ever was no longer one of the greatest 

24 days ago
8/19/17
BiscuitFlopsTheNuts - Conor over Aldo. End of the "honorable" phase of the sport.

Agreed. Aldo was so great, but most people will mostly just remember those 13 seconds of Aldo unfortunately. 

24 days ago
8/6/13
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

Isn't that the one where Forrest ran out of the cage as soon as the fight was over?

Another one of mine was both of the Frankie vs Benson fights. Like Frankie, dislike Benson. 

One of the ones. It just seemed like Anderson was in another reality compared to Forrest. It just amazed me that he was able to destroy, seemingly at will, the guy who had just been the champ a full weight class up

Edited: 24 days ago
8/19/17
209'd@170 -
MR31 -
209'd@170 -

One of the ones. It just seemed like Anderson was in another reality compared to Forrest. It just amazed me that he was able to destroy, seemingly at will, the guy who had just been the champ a full weight class up

Yeah, Forrest's striking style was a perfect matchup for Anderson. He (Forrest) was a guy who would charge in throwing punches, and Forrest was always very hittable. 

24 days ago
2/29/16
MR31 - 

That was a bad one. Lost money on it. Also seeing Anderson laying there clutching his leg wasn't fun. At the time, considering his age and the fact that he lost 2 in a row, I thought that was going to be his last moment in the cage. It would've been a shame. But after all that's happened since then, it probably would've been better for his legacy (no pun intended) if he woulda called it quits then.

Yeah I didn't think he would ever come back. You're probably right about his legacy, but I can see how he would want to come back and not end his career with the injury that he had.
24 days ago
2/29/16
209'd@170 - 

Scrap my earlier answer. This is the correct one. 

This was the moment it became obvious that one of the greatest ever was no longer one of the greatest 

I loved watching Anderson when he was champion, and just always found a way to beat everybody. I thought Weidman 1 was an off night, maybe he got bored/complacent, got caught showboating, and it was going to motivate Anderson to really come back as a killer and get the title back.
Edited: 24 days ago
8/19/17
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 

Yeah I didn't think he would ever come back. You're probably right about his legacy, but I can see how he would want to come back and not end his career with the injury that he had.

Agreed. I understand why he did it. I just think it's a shame that he's damaged his reputation so much since then. But I know his wallet didn't get damaged. Hes made millions since then so in the end I'm sure he's fine lol

24 days ago
5/13/16

Mine as well, couldn't fuckin believe what I saw. Also add Rampage Vs Chuck. I won money but that hurt seeing chuck go down 

24 days ago
2/29/16
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 

Agreed. I understand why he did it. I just think it's a shame that he's damaged his reputation so much since then. But I know his wallet didn't get damaged. Hes made millions since then so in the end I'm sure he's fine lol

Since the UFC doesn't care about rankings or who earns title shots anymore, it would be interesting if they could make Anderson vs GSP for the title. That would be a great way for him to end his career, and probably some great money for him.
24 days ago
8/19/17
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 

Since the UFC doesn't care about rankings or who earns title shots anymore, it would be interesting if they could make Anderson vs GSP for the title. That would be a great way for him to end his career, and probably some great money for him.

He'll be a fuckin senior citizen by the time he gets done with this suspension lol.

They'll have to pull his ass out of the diner where he gets his early bird senior citizen special and make him train lol

24 days ago
2/29/16
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 

He'll be a fuckin senior citizen by the time he gets done with this suspension lol.

They'll have to pull his ass out of the diner where he gets his early bird senior citizen special and make him train lol

lol good point, I wasn't even thinking about him being suspended.
24 days ago
8/19/17
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 
64FordF100 -
MR31 - 

lol good point, I wasn't even thinking about him being suspended.

Yeah I think he's pretty screwed. Hes not even denying it at this point. Hes just saying stuff like "its gods plan" and "we're working with usada to figure it out" ... he knows his goose is cooked.