UnderGround Forums Who Thinks Yair Rodriguez Was Asking For To Much?

5/22/18 5:04 PM
5/15/18

5/22/18 5:14 PM
4/22/07

Sounds a little demanding but not knowing how much more money he wanted makes it hard to say. 

5/22/18 5:18 PM
5/3/12

Yes.

He's not a big enough name yet.

5/22/18 5:20 PM
1/30/16

Yes, too many demands for a guy coming off a beat down

5/22/18 5:27 PM
5/15/18

Maybe he thinks he will get more money in Bellator, by his confidence he think he is a Superstar already. Does anyone know how much top fighters earn in Bellator?

5/22/18 5:36 PM
1/1/01

Dana

Edited: 5/22/18 5:50 PM
2/26/17

The UFC just signed a $750 million streaming deal. At a minimum half of that should be redistributed back to the fighters. He should ask for more

5/22/18 6:03 PM
10/29/12

The UG: Fighters need Better pay! 

*fighter demands better pay*

Also the UG: Learn your fuckin place you’re not worth that! 

5/22/18 6:17 PM
4/20/08

Not watching that stupid video with a stitched together thumbnail pic, what did he ask for

5/22/18 6:47 PM
4/15/06

Dana is so fucking stupid for cutting this kid. Unless he was asking for obscene money, just give him a pay bump and book him an exciting fight. The UFC cant afford to be sending guys like Yair to Bellator.

5/22/18 6:52 PM
1/1/01
effertime - 

Dana is so fucking stupid for cutting this kid. Unless he was asking for obscene money, just give him a pay bump and book him an exciting fight. The UFC cant afford to be sending guys like Yair to Bellator.

You're the only "fucking stupid" one here.

The UFC CAN afford to send guys like him to Bellator - do you possess reading comprehension? Like Geico, BLAF saved money on his payroll by dumping a primadonna.

"Unless he was asking for obscene money..."

Did the though of reading the news about this or the video occur to you before commenting?

No, it didn't. So we come full circle: you are "so fucking stupid."
5/22/18 7:11 PM
1/1/01

How much did he ask for?  He is a star and is exciting.  UfC wants Usmans?

5/22/18 10:07 PM
5/22/17
ausgepicht -
effertime - 

The UFC CAN afford to send guys like him to Bellator - do you possess reading comprehension? Like Geico, BLAF saved money on his payroll by dumping a primadonna.

Did the though of reading the news about this or the video occur to you before commenting?

You forgot  Member since: 4/15/06

5/22/18 10:18 PM
10/15/07

I thought yair responded with the fake news tweet to him being cut and then Dana responded with real news. I think hair changed his story and said he was responding to the fight announcement as damage control. Maybe I’m wrong. 

5/22/18 10:45 PM
5/3/12
ChicagoTom -

I thought yair responded with the fake news tweet to him being cut and then Dana responded with real news. I think hair changed his story and said he was responding to the fight announcement as damage control. Maybe I’m wrong. 

That's how I remember it.

5/23/18 11:03 AM
6/18/16
Seats Taken -

The UG: Fighters need Better pay! 

*fighter demands better pay*

Also the UG: Learn your fuckin place you’re not worth that! 

Truth. You can't be surprised by the idiots on the ug. The member date faggot that posted in this thread proves my point.

5/23/18 11:43 AM
10/9/10
ausgepicht -
effertime - 

Join date 1/1/01

5/23/18 11:45 AM
10/9/10
Non N00B -

Not watching that stupid video with a stitched together thumbnail pic, what did he ask for

You didn’t miss much. All he says is literally “I asked for more money”. It’s impossible to judge what the right decision was here. We can safely assume BLAF was making an example. 

5/23/18 12:56 PM
4/15/06
ausgepicht -
effertime - 

Hi Dana

5/23/18 2:44 PM
10/25/05

It sounds like Yair wanted more money to fight someone lower ranked than him because he'd be fucked if he lost, seeing what just happened to him against Frankie. He said he'd fight anyone in the top 10 for contract money. Sounds like Dana being a cunt again.

5/23/18 2:52 PM
10/9/05
He picked a terrible time to re-negotiate his existing contract, coming off a bad loss and having accepted a fight only to turn around and demand more money, that is not the best way to negotiate especially when tensions are already high as they themselves were negotiating a massive TV deal. Should have negotiated after the big one sided BJ Penn win.

Even then though, pretty crazy to let go of a guy of this calibre, youth and marketability, he was exciting to watch and could main-event TV fight cards and people would watch especially if it's against another standup fighter.

Dana could use this as a chance to show how much of a level-headed businessman he is by trying to bring him back into the UFC again, Vince McMahon as an example would always strike deals even with people he had terrible relationships with because business came before ego and hotheadedness.
5/23/18 3:23 PM
4/15/14
Animal Mother -

It sounds like Yair wanted more money to fight someone lower ranked than him because he'd be fucked if he lost, seeing what just happened to him against Frankie. He said he'd fight anyone in the top 10 for contract money. Sounds like Dana being a cunt again.

He agreed to the same pay in Moscow but wanted more if it was going down in September

5/23/18 4:58 PM
1/1/01

From my perspective as an ignorant fan when in comes to UFC contracts, it seems odd that Yair felt he had the right to ask for more money after the contract was signed.  On the other hand, the UFC should have at least given him an ultimatum before firing him.  Did they do that or was it out of the blue?

5/23/18 5:20 PM
11/17/11

Best move for all parties. Yair gets to go to Bellator and build up his brand or get exposed further at a higher pay rate. UFC gets him in a few years if he does develop and then they pay him whatever he wants. If he flames out, at least they didn't over pay an underperformer. 

He was only valuable if he was pulling the Mexico market, but I'm betting alot of those fans jumped ship as soon as he lost to Frankie. 

5/23/18 6:48 PM
5/14/18

UFC is free to do as they please; they're in the business of making money, not running a fighter daycare. Surely they haven't weighed their options and ran the numbers more than you jackasses who have an opinion on it based on your shriveled, defunct brains thinking about it for all of 90 seconds. You're probably the same people who think the government should provide a job for everyone and pay them  $20/hr. Almost as many keyboard businessmen around here as there are keyboard warriors.