UnderGround Forums Who next for Pereira?

2/17/20 8:33 AM
8/19/03

3 UFC fights, 1 spectacular win, one loss, one "loss".

In my opinion the guy is talented and athletic.   Sure, he's a putz, and makes no effort to actually finish, but he's capable of pulling out cool shit from time to time. 

He was right about where his ceiling is, on a Fight Night card, unranked.   Maybe co-main was a little high, but let's be honest,  the card was in ABQ, and that match placement was a nod to his opponent.

I'm in agreement with Bisping.  He's fun, does backflips and shit.   Basically the economy, UFC version if Venom Page.  Who should they match him up with next?  Maybe a guy like James Vick?  Cowboy Oliveira?  Platinum Perry?

Cut him?

What's everyone's thoughts?

2/17/20 8:35 AM
1/24/16

Perry would be a lot of fun

2/17/20 8:48 AM
1/24/16

Pereira isn't going anywhere. He is a breath of fresh air, exactly what the UFC needs. He's pretty young too, when I heard the boos during his walkout I knew he'd be a star 

2/17/20 9:31 AM
1/1/01

Alex Caceres gets fights and his record is all over the place. There definitely seems to be a place for styles in the UFC.

2/17/20 12:06 PM
12/26/19
dinkledorf -

Pereira isn't going anywhere. He is a breath of fresh air, exactly what the UFC needs. He's pretty young too, when I heard the boos during his walkout I knew he'd be a star 

I don't find him an exciting fighter at all. All those flips and posturing, and he can't even finish or hurt a senile Diego Sanchez. He just looks like an idiot flipping and jumping around, hurting nobody and losing fights.

2/17/20 12:12 PM
1/3/20
A spelling bee!
2/17/20 12:14 PM
3/17/14
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
dinkledorf -

I don't find him an exciting fighter at all. All those flips and posturing, and he can't even finish or hurt a senile Diego Sanchez. He just looks like an idiot flipping and jumping around, hurting nobody and losing fights.

how can you say Diego wasnt hurt? have you watched the fight at all? plus Diego doesnt get finished that easy, only twice? in his career. you sound like a butt hurt moron.

2/17/20 5:56 PM
3/31/14

Platinum perry is the fight to make 

2/17/20 8:53 PM
12/26/19
knappster -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
dinkledorf -

how can you say Diego wasnt hurt? have you watched the fight at all? plus Diego doesnt get finished that easy, only twice? in his career. you sound like a butt hurt moron.

Pot meet kettle. Hi kettle, I'm a pot.

2/17/20 9:01 PM
6/9/16

I tune in when I know Pereira is fighting. I don't think he's a future champion but the flashy "from out of nowhere" shit and the flying knees keep me glued to the TV. 

I'd pick Bryan Barberena or, even better, Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos as Pereira's next opponent, after Dos Santos' next fight in March. That would be something to see.

2/17/20 9:15 PM
1/24/16
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
dinkledorf -

That just shows you care about him 

2/17/20 9:29 PM
2/3/10

Perry said he want to move down to 155

2/17/20 10:22 PM
2/29/16

Mickey Gall?

2/17/20 10:38 PM
12/22/19

I'll watch him but I can't stand him. Takes a huge ego to be so wasteful with your energy at such a high level. Down for the occasional burst at the perfect moment, and definitely go wild after you win, but the flipping onto grounded opponents is just so painfully dumb and frustrating to watch. Huge waste of athletic ability IMO. I tune in hoping he loses. If he started being smarter I'd stop hating. He talks about how he will never change his style and that's cool but he won't ever reach his potential if he doesn't. 

2/17/20 10:39 PM
12/22/19
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
dinkledorf -

Agreed. He has potential tho, I hope he smartens up. 

2/17/20 10:44 PM
9/27/15
Taco Muncher - 

I tune in when I know Pereira is fighting. I don't think he's a future champion but the flashy "from out of nowhere" shit and the flying knees keep me glued to the TV. 

I'd pick Bryan Barberena or, even better, Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos as Pereira's next opponent, after Dos Santos' next fight in March. That would be something to see.

Same here, despite his record I do look forward to watching him fight..you really don't know what he's going to do so it's fun to watch.i do hope he's smartens up and fights a bit more aggressive though..he's immensely strong so I think if he tightest things up he will start finishing guys
2/18/20 4:50 AM
7/17/13

Matt Brown

2/18/20 5:18 AM
8/19/03

Oh shit,  my post made the front page!

2/18/20 5:22 AM
8/19/03
KickPunchr -

I'll watch him but I can't stand him. Takes a huge ego to be so wasteful with your energy at such a high level. Down for the occasional burst at the perfect moment, and definitely go wild after you win, but the flipping onto grounded opponents is just so painfully dumb and frustrating to watch. Huge waste of athletic ability IMO. I tune in hoping he loses. If he started being smarter I'd stop hating. He talks about how he will never change his style and that's cool but he won't ever reach his potential if he doesn't. 

You know, I was thinking about the flipping thing....if his foot hit their head, would that not be considered kicking a downed opponent?

Dude is a disqualification machine!

2/18/20 7:58 AM
11/23/02

Whos next for Patayta?

2/18/20 8:13 AM
7/19/13

Cut him. Let him join a circus if he wants attention that badly. 

Edited: 2/18/20 8:16 AM
7/19/13

Guy is the real life version of that NOS no nonsense commercial. Like exactly the same clown in the commercial. 

https://youtu.be/Ek7f4IHTvI0

2/18/20 9:17 AM
10/2/12

Horrible fight iq. Perhaps he thinks the flips will gain fans. Maybe they will. Not me. Cut him or feed him to a top 12 guy. 

2/18/20 11:02 AM
4/25/11
jmfp -

Matt Brown

Would watch

2/19/20 9:04 AM
2/15/18

WonderBoy