UnderGround Forums Whoooo! My pointless UFC Glendale Crowd story

4/15/18 2:18 AM
6/25/05

Tonight’s crowd had plenty of Ric Flair Whoooos going.  Luckily, I was in the sophisticated section.  We look down as those who Whoo.  If other fans Boo fighters, we look down on them as well and say something like “go watch a toughman contest.”  If someone yells to stand them up we tell them that in a real fight a ref doesn’t stand you up.  We appreciate Matt Lindland equally to Pride Wanderlei Silva.

We don’t Boo, Whoo, or yell for standups. We are the sophisticated fan.

In walks a lucky dude with 3 smoking hot chicks and they sit right next to me.  The girls and guy are from out of town and seem to be casual MMA fans.  

This arena is where the Arizona Coyotes play so the 4 of them next to me think the Ric Flair is  Arizona fans doing their own Coyote howl.  So they kept rolling their eyes and wanting the other sections to stop with the nerdy howling.

Luckily the girls had a 40 year old Virgin in the row in front of them who educated to the level of our sophistication.  He told them it’s not a howl.  Then he played the roll of the Michael Bolton clone at the Harvard Bar in Goodwill Hunting.  He instantly regurgitated an Ariel quote about how annoying and embarrassing it is to be associated with people who are actually doing the Ric Flair Whoo.

At that point the girls might as have put him in the corner and chopped him across his chest.  The spent the next 5 minutes Whoo’ing which in turned sparked the rest of our section to join in.  After their 500th Whoo, they thanked the Virgin and let him know they appreciate that info because they “love Ric Flair.”

4/15/18 2:27 AM
4/14/16

make like john and WOO

4/15/18 2:41 AM
2/5/11

Mods please move to “you shouldn’t be allowed to post whatever you want ground”

4/15/18 3:28 AM
6/27/02
YonYones - 

Mods please move to “you shouldn’t be allowed to post whatever you want ground”

To be fair the thread title is extremely accurate
4/15/18 3:41 AM
1/1/01

Even worse we sat in across the from a guy who thought he was corning the fighters. He spent was yelling what techniques for them to transition to and so forth. Everyone was looking at the guy like what the fuck and one of your ug brethren was taunting the fuck out of him. Derka Derka! 

4/15/18 4:07 AM
6/25/05
Mutant -

Even worse we sat in across the from a guy who thought he was corning the fighters. He spent was yelling what techniques for them to transition to and so forth. Everyone was looking at the guy like what the fuck and one of your ug brethren was taunting the fuck out of him. Derka Derka! 

Did he recommend head movement?

4/15/18 10:02 AM
1/13/10

This is why Bellator is hesistant on coming back to town. This drunk moron was whooing all night and got picked up on the broadcast 

4/15/18 10:04 AM
5/27/09

That's a new trend I'm waiting patiently waiting to die.

4/15/18 10:36 AM
8/12/13
Mutant -

Wouldnt have been section 201 by chance?
4/15/18 11:08 AM
8/28/10

I was in front of the girls that were yelling at the ring girls to not throw the cards on the ground. They kept calling them lazy and rude. It was funny when the ring card forms could hear it before it got crowded

4/15/18 1:50 PM
12/7/10

Good story OP, Death to the whooers. My story is a little different. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and my seat was at the bar. The guy right next to me had a laptop open on the bar and the screen had all these strange chemical substance symbols. An older guy behind him asked what it was that he was doing, and he laughed and said he was a grad student and it was for a report.

Anyway he seemed to be a friendly guy and we kept up a running conversation. During Rose's fight, he was for Thug Rose and kept jumping up and screaming for her to COME ON! After about the 3rd scream, which I found nothing wrong with, another guy to his other side all of a sudden just erupted and started shouting at the grad studen to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

I was stunned! Been to Buffalo Wild Wings for many a UFC and I have never heard anyone go at someone like that. Mr Shouting Guy looked like like the typical BBW UFC fight night capo. Goatee, baseball cap, thick neck. So every body around us froze for a moment, not sure what grad student was gonna do, he looked about 6 ft or so himself. Grad student looked at the other guy for a moment, and just apologized and went back to watching the fight.

However there were two black guys directly behind us who seemed to be decent guys. One had apologized to me earlier when he had to reach around me for his drink. Well these two guys saw the whole thing and decided to make as much noise as they could. Both of them started shouting YEAH FUCK YEAH, and then one guy did the 2 finger to the lips ear splitting whistle thing, RIGHT IN THE FACE OF THE DUDE THAT HAD JUST YELLED AT GRAD STUDENT TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I thought for sure this time there was gonna be consequences and repercussions. Mr Shouting Guy looked furious. I looked over at the black guys. They both looked about 5'10' but barrel chest and broad shoulders. Mr Shouting Guy glared at them for a secont, but decided best to retreat. He got up, shoved his seat away and stomped off.

After he left the black guys told the grad student the guy was an asshole and that this wasn't his living room, it was a fucking bar and the grad student could shout as much as he wanted.

So sorry I didn't get a pic of them. 2 heroes.

4/15/18 2:52 PM
1/1/01
AnchorTomTucker -
Mutant -

Floor section bbb row 6 behind The Sugar Show, Dern, The Pedator, and The Beast 

4/15/18 2:54 PM
1/1/01
explodin -
Mutant -

Did he recommend head movement?

He was yelling like he was cornering them and was a huge Brazilian mark 

4/15/18 3:07 PM
8/28/10
Mutant -
AnchorTomTucker -
Mutant -

Were you the guy that was air humping the rail and the guys in front of you? 

4/15/18 3:15 PM
1/1/01
things to see people to do -
Mutant -
AnchorTomTucker -
Mutant -

Were you the guy that was air humping the rail and the guys in front of you? 

No but I'm glad I missed that 

4/15/18 3:43 PM
12/14/00
things to see people to do - 

I was in front of the girls that were yelling at the ring girls to not throw the cards on the ground. They kept calling them lazy and rude. It was funny when the ring card forms could hear it before it got crowded

Hahaha! That was my brother's gf and my buddy's wife. I found it pretty funny when later the ring girls started being more mindful of putting the cards back instead of just dropping them.

Back on topic, the woos were getting kind of annoying, and I'm a big Flair mark.
4/15/18 4:04 PM
8/28/10
QTyp -

Hahaha! That was my brother's gf and my buddy's wife. I found it pretty funny when later the ring girls started being more mindful of putting the cards back instead of just dropping them.

Back on topic, the woos were getting kind of annoying, and I'm a big Flair mark.

Lol who was the guy with them with the very distinct voice that was yelling funny shit all night? "GET HIM VEGETA! THROW HIM A SENSU BEAN" lol that dudes voice was cracking me up 

What was with the woos? Is that a new fight event thing or is it a AZ thing? 

4/15/18 4:30 PM
11/16/17
Kind of an Alice in chains feel
4/15/18 4:30 PM
11/16/17
Thebonfirexm - Kind of an Alice in chains feel
Fucking app
4/15/18 4:43 PM
12/14/00
QTyp -

Lol who was the guy with them with the very distinct voice that was yelling funny shit all night? "GET HIM VEGETA! THROW HIM A SENSU BEAN" lol that dudes voice was cracking me up 

Oh that guy was behind me a couple rows. Some of his stuff was funny, but I found it annoying sometimes when it would just be the generic "kick him in the face". My mistake then, the girls you heard I was not associated with. The girls I mentioned were saying the same shit though! They sat to my left in your row.

I've heard the woos at various events in different cities, but it seemed especially popular last night.
4/15/18 4:59 PM
8/28/10
QTyp -
QTyp -

Oh that guy was behind me a couple rows. Some of his stuff was funny, but I found it annoying sometimes when it would just be the generic "kick him in the face". My mistake then, the girls you heard I was not associated with. The girls I mentioned were saying the same shit though! They sat to my left in your row.

I've heard the woos at various events in different cities, but it seemed especially popular last night.

OK I know the girls and guys with you you are talking about. One of your guys had the long hair right? Then the other guy looked kind of like you, that would be your brother correct? 

I thought the girls were yelling from behind me near the guy with the distinct voice and lisp but at that point everything just kind of blended together lol

Where you train at? 

4/15/18 5:03 PM
1/13/11

Those weren’t whoos or hoo’s, they were Moo’s for Mootant. Trust me I know tings. 

4/15/18 6:01 PM
12/14/00
QTyp -
QTyp -

OK I know the girls and guys with you you are talking about. One of your guys had the long hair right? Then the other guy looked kind of like you, that would be your brother correct? 

I thought the girls were yelling from behind me near the guy with the distinct voice and lisp but at that point everything just kind of blended together lol

Where you train at? 

The dude with the long hair is my actual brother and the guy that looks like me is my brother from another mother. We had a group of 12 and we're all from Tucson. It was a 15 hour drinking day, so I hear you about it all blending together!

I don't really train anymore, but I was at Apex for several years.
I mainly just pop in now and then for open mat at 10th Planet run by Anthony Birchak. He sat right in front of us.
4/15/18 10:41 PM
6/25/05

I couldn’t tell if the guy yelling Japanese instructions to Okami spoke Japanese or if he was Merica doing an imitation