UnderGround Forums Why Dana Badmouthed Bobby SW...!?

Edited: 2/1/05 12:00 AM
01/01/2001
I have rewatched the Dana White speech he made, angrily, and let me testify, ANGRILY, given to the TUF competitors after the cameramen leaked the footage to Dana himself. Now I know why Dana got angry and badmouthed Southworth after the canoe-ride-on-the-desert competition. Here is the transcript of the speech he made. Dana White: Gather around guys, get closer over here. I'm not happy right now, I haven't been happy all day. *Commercial* I have the feeling that some guys here that don't want to fight. I don't know if that's true or not true or whatever, but I don't know what the fuck. Everybody thought there were coming here for. Dana White (off camera): I had them all get out of bed and meet me down here at the training center. Cuz these guys don't realize the opportunity that they have right now. I had to look at some of their faces and some of the stuff these guys are saying and I feel like that their hearts aren't into this. Dana White: Does anybody here not want to fight? Did anybody come here thinking that they would not fight? No? Speak up. Anybody who came here thinking they weren't gonna fight speak up. Lemme here it! Bobby Southworth: Some of us thought we weren't gonna fight till the finals. Everyone agrees Bobby Southworth: None of us have a problem with the fightng Dana... Nobody here has a problem with that. Dana White: Lemme explain something to everybody. This is a very, and when I say very I can't explain to you what a unique opportunity this is. You have nothing to F***ing worry about...Everyday. Except coming in and getting better at what supposedley what you wanna do for a living. Big deal the guy sleeping next to you fucking stinks. He's drunk all night making noise ... you can't, you can't sleep. You got fucking roommates. We picked who we believe are the best guys in this country right now. We did. And you guys are it. Fucking act like it man! Do you wanna be a fighter? That's the question- Bobby Southworth: That's why I'm here. Dana White: It's not about cutting weight. It's not about living in a fucking house. It's about do you wanna be a fighter. It's not all fucking signing autographs and banging broads when you get out of here. It's not. It's no fucking fun man it's a job just like any other job. So the question is not did you think you had make weight, did you think you had to do this... do you WANNA BE a fucking fighter? That is my question. And only you know that. Anybody who says they don't? I don't fucking want you here. And I'll throw you the fuck out of this gym so fucking fast your head will spin. It's up to you. I don't care. Cool? I love you all that's why you're here. *single clap* A few minutes later, after B.Southworth loses the desert canoe boat ride competition: Dana White: That's why he's never made it. That's why he never made it. (referring to B.Southworth) ... You know what I mean? That's why he never made it to the big time... that's why he never made it in the big time. He's got no heart. The Lesson you musteth learn: DO not question the president of Zuffa. If do, faceth hell. This show kicks ass! Southworth's my fav.
07/15/2004
Okay......what's your point?
01/01/2001
none whatsoever. I lost my point after I got half way through the transcript and realize I was wrong. But I finished the transcript anyway cuz it aint easy stuff and I didn't want to throw it away. Ok my point is, Southworth was the only guy to face Dana during his speech, hence Dana's rage against him after the competition... eh? I have no clue what I have just talked about.
07/15/2004
LOL!! Bobby didn't face off with Dana during the speech. He just said that he was a fighter, and that's why he was there. That, and he mentioned that they didn't think that they'd be fighting until the finals. I think the fact that he came in way overweight and out of shape, and his bitching to Chuck, made Dana question his heart. Dana didn't say what he said about Bobby until Chuck went off about him first.
02/05/2003
"He fought Vitor Belfort at Pride 13 Collision Course. Watched it yesterday." Maybe that's what Dana was referring to with "That's why he's never made it. That's why he never made it. (referring to B.Southworth) ... You know what I mean? That's why he never made it to the big time... that's why he never made it in the big time. He's got no heart. "... And I disagree with that. He got choked-it's not like he and Vitor were pulling canoes across sand.
12/30/2002
When Dana said "he's drunk all night making noise", the camera focused on Leben, who looked like he was trying really hard not to bust out laughing. I'm starting to like Leben. I thought he was a prick at first, but he seems to have a good sense of humor about himself.
11/11/2003
I think Southworth is the last guy Vitor submitted
05/26/2003
"I think Southworth is the last guy Vitor submitted" Yup, one of two sub wins for Vitor, the other being an armbar on Joe Charles.
07/15/2004
I don't think his heart was questioned because of the challenge. I think his dedication was questioned by being out of shape and overweight, and I think his heart was questioned because of the comment he made to Chuck after he lost the challenge, and Chuck told him that he needed to start cutting. "I'm not gonna' kill myself" is what he said. He didn't say "I'll do my best" or even a simple "Okay"...... I figure they want to see drive and determination, not the equivalent of "I'm not going to bust my ass off to do it". I questioned his heart, too. But, he proved me and everyone else wrong....... and it was awesome.