2/12/18 10:04 PM
11/5/13

Cliff notes? 

2/12/18 10:21 PM
1/1/01
Did the whiner call Dana a racist?!
2/12/18 10:21 PM
3/22/16
Quote from an article on the interview: He makes a lot of good points.

“The funny thing is, I am the only champion out here fighting No. 1 contenders. That’s what puzzles me when you look at all the musical chairs going on in mixed martial arts (MMA). You see ‘DC’ going up to be a heavyweight, Conor doing whatever the hell he wants, Dillashaw wants to go down, Amanda Nunes and Cyborg want to fight. So, please let Tyron mention something. Instantly it’s, ‘He’s complaining, he doesn’t want to fight this guy, he’s running from this guy, he’s playing the race card.’ Fans, you guys should be tired of this now. I am probably one of the most marketable, professional and hardest working fighters on the roster that is doing it all himself, marketing himself and I’m out her killing birds eating at the table by myself. I just took a huge offense to it, when you make the statement that someone is full of shit, I just can’t get with it and that warranted a phone call instantly from me to Dana. I was really pissed off. I can see if it was a situation that I literally made up. You could have even said it differently. You could’ve said, ‘Tyron is just wishful thinking, the next fight for him is ‘RDA.’ Whatever rational, but when you say Tyron is full of shit, that’s a little bit harsh, a little bit hardcore for somebody that is wearing the belt of your organization. Young fighters that enter the UFC aspire to be UFC champions. How are they going to aspire to be a UFC champion if they see the way their champion’s are treated? Then they see that people that are non-champions, unprofessional, middle finger flicking, shit talking, they are actually making the money. So what kind of picture are we portraying? I thought we were going into the direction to be parallel to the NFL, NHL, MLB. It’s a circus until it comes to Tyron, then we want to go back to the old school rubric. And I got issues with that.”
2/12/18 10:23 PM
3/22/16
Don J - Quote from an article on the interview: He makes a lot of good points.

“The funny thing is, I am the only champion out here fighting No. 1 contenders. That’s what puzzles me when you look at all the musical chairs going on in mixed martial arts (MMA). You see ‘DC’ going up to be a heavyweight, Conor doing whatever the hell he wants, Dillashaw wants to go down, Amanda Nunes and Cyborg want to fight. So, please let Tyron mention something. Instantly it’s, ‘He’s complaining, he doesn’t want to fight this guy, he’s running from this guy, he’s playing the race card.’ Fans, you guys should be tired of this now. I am probably one of the most marketable, professional and hardest working fighters on the roster that is doing it all himself, marketing himself and I’m out her killing birds eating at the table by myself. I just took a huge offense to it, when you make the statement that someone is full of shit, I just can’t get with it and that warranted a phone call instantly from me to Dana. I was really pissed off. I can see if it was a situation that I literally made up. You could have even said it differently. You could’ve said, ‘Tyron is just wishful thinking, the next fight for him is ‘RDA.’ Whatever rational, but when you say Tyron is full of shit, that’s a little bit harsh, a little bit hardcore for somebody that is wearing the belt of your organization. Young fighters that enter the UFC aspire to be UFC champions. How are they going to aspire to be a UFC champion if they see the way their champion’s are treated? Then they see that people that are non-champions, unprofessional, middle finger flicking, shit talking, they are actually making the money. So what kind of picture are we portraying? I thought we were going into the direction to be parallel to the NFL, NHL, MLB. It’s a circus until it comes to Tyron, then we want to go back to the old school rubric. And I got issues with that.”

The only thing I wouldnt agree with him on is being the most marketable...UFC should definitely market him because he is as well rounded a fighter/champion as they got and I dont see anyone beating him soon. So working together is in everyone's interest
2/12/18 10:28 PM
5/11/06
Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.
2/12/18 11:03 PM
2/24/10

in

2/12/18 11:17 PM
12/28/14

I'll never understand the hate against woodley

2/12/18 11:24 PM
4/22/07
EckY - Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.

This is my only problem with him.  He kind of earned his shot I guess but expects anyone else to jump through hoops. 

2/13/18 12:11 AM
5/13/05
Don J - Quote from an article on the interview: He makes a lot of good points.

Who else is there for Cyborg to fight? Nunes makes the most sense and she is ranked #1 in her weight class. The same goes for TJ and Mighty Mouse. DC has all but cleaned out that division now that Jones is out for awhile and he is moving up to fight the best UFC HW ever.

People are mad that Tyron is asking to fight Nate Diaz of all people who isn't #1 at LW. I think if Tyron said he was going down to 155 to fight Khabib or Ferguson or moving up to 185 to fight Whittaker/Romero fans would be all for it.

2/13/18 1:44 AM
1/16/12

Woodley admits he wants the money fight because he's fought number 1 contenders. He just wants some money and the hype the diaz fight would bring to him. That I understand

Im sure he will fight anyone that out in front of him. He did take the second wonderboy fight after all. I'm a RRL fan but i like Tyrone to and see some of his points he's making

2/13/18 1:48 AM
11/11/15
cyberc92 -
Don J - Quote from an article on the interview: He makes a lot of good points.

Who else is there for Cyborg to fight? Nunes makes the most sense and she is ranked #1 in her weight class. The same goes for TJ and Mighty Mouse. DC has all but cleaned out that division now that Jones is out for awhile and he is moving up to fight the best UFC HW ever.

People are mad that Tyron is asking to fight Nate Diaz of all people who isn't #1 at LW. I think if Tyron said he was going down to 155 to fight Khabib or Ferguson or moving up to 185 to fight Whittaker/Romero fans would be all for it.

Woodley pisses me off so much, but he chose the wrong examples. 

Bisping is the example he should’ve used. 

2/13/18 1:59 AM
2/6/15

Oh, wah wah. He didn't say Tyron is a shitty fighter, said he is full of shit.

2/13/18 3:30 AM
12/14/15

Woodley wants money fights. Money fighters don’t want anything to do with him. Not because he’s a killer, because he’s a void of interest. Outside of MM he’s the least interesting male champion in the UFC. 

2/13/18 3:40 AM
1/23/06
Bigtrain2681 - 

Woodley wants money fights. Money fighters don’t want anything to do with him. Not because he’s a killer, because he’s a void of interest. Outside of MM he’s the least interesting male champion in the UFC. 

It's because Tyron KO's guys brutally so that skews the risk/reward ratio

2/13/18 3:41 AM
1/23/06
A fight with Woodley represents the possibility of a life altering, sometimes career ending concussion

2/13/18 4:39 AM
3/23/02
just a black man being held down by white...
Dana White
2/13/18 4:42 AM
8/3/11

Bah Gawd this destruction!

2/13/18 4:53 AM
12/17/09

Woodley can't understand he isn't an exciting fighter. His last 3 fights have been him with his back to the cage for the majority of the time waiting to land a shot. Connor, DC, TJ, etc all put on exciting fights, fans want to watch them. Nobody wants to watch Woodley fight.

2/13/18 6:18 AM
11/20/05
ChiliSauce - Oh and how shocking the UFC's first sjw champion is complaining about something.

Never would have guessed the guy who earned a title shot through whining about nonexistent racism in the UFC would continue to find ways to whine.

This dude is basically a spoiled child. How in the world could he be complaining about being promoted after the Maia fight? He spent 25 minutes trying to run away from an old man he could have manhandled.

This

2/13/18 6:26 AM
7/14/12

2/13/18 10:33 AM
11/25/10

Amazing to me he really believes he's the most marketable?  25minute snore-fests are most certainly not marketable.  Constantly whining is not marketable.

Frustrating, because he could be one of the greats if he'd be more aggressive.

2/13/18 10:34 AM
2/24/07
ShanTheMan - 
EckY - Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.

This is my only problem with him.  He kind of earned his shot I guess but expects anyone else to jump through hoops. 

Ya but look at his point. People are saying Tony and Khabib need to fight to “sort things out at LW” and see who is the legit #1 contender. Basically saying neither is worthy of a title shot yet, despite the fact each has won like 10 in a row. They essentially want everyone cleared out so there is only 1 guy left for Conor. Yet they say RDA has won 3 in a row or Colby has won 3 in a row so they DESERVE the title shot.

Dc is jumping weight classes, Stipe isn't fighting anyone at hw, Bisping didntnfight a contender for 2 years, mm isn’t fighting a 125er, TJ hasn’t defended once yet is moving weight classes, etc...but Woodley is supposed to keep fighting the next #1 contender for the 4th time in a row despite the fact no one else is scheduled to?

And to add to it, he isn’t saying he won’t fight anyone. He’s never been offered RDA. Just giving his opinion on who he’d like to fight