UnderGround Forums Woodley destroys Dana White:UFC CEO

2/13/18 10:39 AM
2/24/07
joshLISTED - 

Woodley can't understand he isn't an exciting fighter. His last 3 fights have been him with his back to the cage for the majority of the time waiting to land a shot. Connor, DC, TJ, etc all put on exciting fights, fans want to watch them. Nobody wants to watch Woodley fight.

DC has had some insanely boring fights. Mir, Roy Nelson, Anderson, others... funny you neglect to mention that.

So has Woodley, but 2 of his last 4 fights have earned performance bonuses and were very exciting. Most of his wins are finishes. You guys just focus on the negative so you can whine about everything.
Edited: 2/13/18 10:39 AM
5/20/13

He’s just not exciting to watch fight. He’s exceptionally talented and one of his strongest aspects is gameplanning.

but damnit Tyron can’t you realize people aren’t spending $60 and their Saturday night to watch a chess match?

2/13/18 10:48 AM
8/26/11
ChiliSauce - Oh and how shocking the UFC's first sjw champion is complaining about something.

Never would have guessed the guy who earned a title shot through whining about nonexistent racism in the UFC would continue to find ways to whine.

This dude is basically a spoiled child. How in the world could he be complaining about being promoted after the Maia fight? He spent 25 minutes trying to run away from an old man he could have manhandled.

Please douse yourself with gasoline and catch yourself on fire. 

2/13/18 10:49 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ShanTheMan - 
EckY - Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.

This is my only problem with him.  He kind of earned his shot I guess but expects anyone else to jump through hoops. 

Ya but look at his point. People are saying Tony and Khabib need to fight to “sort things out at LW” and see who is the legit #1 contender. Basically saying neither is worthy of a title shot yet, despite the fact each has won like 10 in a row. They essentially want everyone cleared out so there is only 1 guy left for Conor. Yet they say RDA has won 3 in a row or Colby has won 3 in a row so they DESERVE the title shot.

Dc is jumping weight classes, Stipe isn't fighting anyone at hw, Bisping didntnfight a contender for 2 years, mm isn’t fighting a 125er, TJ hasn’t defended once yet is moving weight classes, etc...but Woodley is supposed to keep fighting the next #1 contender for the 4th time in a row despite the fact no one else is scheduled to?

And to add to it, he isn’t saying he won’t fight anyone. He’s never been offered RDA. Just giving his opinion on who he’d like to fight

Who he'd like to fight is the #6 ranked lightweight who routinely gets wrestlefucked in that division.

Everyone else you named with special circumstances at least make sense. Woodley is trying to manufacture special circumstances that simply don't exist.

No they didn’t make sense.

Bisping should have fought Yoel, or Whitaker, instead of Hendo and GSP.

Tony and Khabib shouldn’t be knocking one or the other out. They both deserve the title shot.

Bayles, who just finished Hunt, is on a 5 fight ufc win streak at HW. That’s way more that RDA or Colby have done. He should be fighting Stipe.

Gus should be fighting DC, especially after their last split decision.

TJ has not defended once. I’m sure there is a guy on a 3 fight win streak at BW, just like Colby and RDA at WW.
2/13/18 10:54 AM
2/24/07
And for the record, I want to see Woodley vs RDA. And if you watched the video, Woodley said that fine and if he’s next that will work. He’s just giving his opinion when asked.

Also it’s not like he pulled Diaz out of thin air. Diaz has said he’s been previously offered the fight, and now showed interest. Dana confirmed it. So it is what the ufc wanted at some point

2/13/18 11:07 AM
5/14/06
joshLISTED -

Woodley can't understand he isn't an exciting fighter. His last 3 fights have been him with his back to the cage for the majority of the time waiting to land a shot. Connor, DC, TJ, etc all put on exciting fights, fans want to watch them. Nobody wants to watch Woodley fight.

Maybe if he moved down to 155 he would be an "exciting fighter"?

2/13/18 11:30 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ShanTheMan - 
EckY - Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.

This is my only problem with him.  He kind of earned his shot I guess but expects anyone else to jump through hoops. 

Ya but look at his point. People are saying Tony and Khabib need to fight to “sort things out at LW” and see who is the legit #1 contender. Basically saying neither is worthy of a title shot yet, despite the fact each has won like 10 in a row. They essentially want everyone cleared out so there is only 1 guy left for Conor. Yet they say RDA has won 3 in a row or Colby has won 3 in a row so they DESERVE the title shot.

Dc is jumping weight classes, Stipe isn't fighting anyone at hw, Bisping didntnfight a contender for 2 years, mm isn’t fighting a 125er, TJ hasn’t defended once yet is moving weight classes, etc...but Woodley is supposed to keep fighting the next #1 contender for the 4th time in a row despite the fact no one else is scheduled to?

And to add to it, he isn’t saying he won’t fight anyone. He’s never been offered RDA. Just giving his opinion on who he’d like to fight

Who he'd like to fight is the #6 ranked lightweight who routinely gets wrestlefucked in that division.

Everyone else you named with special circumstances at least make sense. Woodley is trying to manufacture special circumstances that simply don't exist.

No they didn’t make sense.

Bisping should have fought Yoel, or Whitaker, instead of Hendo and GSP.

Tony and Khabib shouldn’t be knocking one or the other out. They both deserve the title shot.

Bayles, who just finished Hunt, is on a 5 fight ufc win streak at HW. That’s way more that RDA or Colby have done. He should be fighting Stipe.

Gus should be fighting DC, especially after their last split decision.

TJ has not defended once. I’m sure there is a guy on a 3 fight win streak at BW, just like Colby and RDA at WW.

Bisping got it because GSP is special. And he is indeed special.

Tony and Khabib are fighting because Conor is special. And he is indeed special.

Stipe and Cormier are fighting because it's an incredible superfight and the only chance to make it as Cormier retires in a year. Given DC's reign as strikeforce HW champ this makes sense.

TJ and DJ are fighting because DJ has kicked the ass of his entire division almost twice.

There aren't any special circumstances for Woodley. He is just complaining that he isn't special. But, sadly, he isn't special.

Now you're basically saying the same as Woodley. It's happening all over and that's the direction the UFC has headed.

The difference between Woodley and the guys you mentioned? He has more title defenses than all of them except Stipe and MM.

TJ isn't special. He hasn't defended once. He's a worse draw than Woodley. And he's getting a "superfight." Tough to blame Woodley.

And again, you're crying because he gives his opinion in the media. When it comes down to it, he always signs to fight who the UFC asks.
2/13/18 11:35 AM
11/9/17
failure at life -

I'll never understand the hate against woodley

Hence your screen name 

2/13/18 11:36 AM
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

Brother,  those people are retarded.  Either of those guys have done more than enough to fight Conor "quick path to the title" McGregor.  

2/13/18 11:39 AM
2/24/07
joshLISTED - 

People want to watch TJ? The last time he headlined a PPV it did 125,000 buys.

DC? His last 2 he headlined without Jones, even with big names like Gustafsson and Rumble, he couldn't break 300K buys.

Holloway vs Pettis did 150K buys.

The only time Woodley headlined as champ the card did 300K buys and the time before 240K buys, however that was when Robbie was champ.

I'm not sure why people say he's such a terrible draw or what they base it off. He's selling equal to or more than all other champs other than Conor.
2/13/18 11:41 AM
2/24/07
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

Brother,  those people are retarded.  Either of those guys have done more than enough to fight Conor "quick path to the title" McGregor.  

OK..Again Woodley is just making the point that no other champ is fighting contenders. And he's right.

At the same time he's saying he'll fight RDA, but giving his opinion he'd rather fight Diaz. Neither has been offered, yet he's always signed who they asked. If he starts declining fights, then I think we have something to shit on him for.
2/13/18 11:46 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
joshLISTED - 

DC? His last 2 he headlined without Jones, even with big names like Gustafsson and Rumble, he couldn't break 300K buys.

The only time Woodley headlined as champ the card did 300K buys and the time before 240K buys, however that was when Robbie was champ.

I'm not sure why people say he's such a terrible draw or what they base it off. He's selling equal to or more than all other champs other than Conor.

You're being intentionally dishonest over and over.

If Woodley were special he would be special. He isn't.

I'm being honest by stating facts? You can verify all those numbers with a simple google search.

Are you saying more people wanted to watch TJ when 125K PPV's sold or Max when 150K PPV's sold than when Woodley sold 300K?

Do you disagree with math?
2/13/18 11:51 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

OK..Again Woodley is just making the point that no other champ is fighting contenders. And he's right.

At the same time he's saying he'll fight RDA, but giving his opinion he'd rather fight Diaz. Neither has been offered, yet he's always signed who they asked. If he starts declining fights, then I think we have something to shit on him for.

We can shit on him for being a whiny racist who calls out the #6 ranked guy a weight class below him and sees himself as a perpetual victim

Woodley only calls out Diaz?

Dana has said he offered the fight to Nate. Nate's confirmed it. Clearly the UFC wants it. Yet it somehow bothers you when Woodley discusses it?

"I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of not fighting. I'm not getting any younger ... I put that tweet out saying I wanted to fight in May or June, but I didn't say who because I was weighing my options. And now, Woodley is my best option." - Diaz

2/13/18 11:54 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
joshLISTED - 

I'm being honest by stating facts? You can verify all those numbers with a simple google search.

Are you saying more people wanted to watch TJ when 125K PPV's sold or Max when 150K PPV's sold than when Woodley sold 300K?

You're being dishonest by intentionally ignoring the other half of that fight over and over.

It makes sense because of DJ. Its not odd at all.

Whereas Woodley fighting the #6 ranked guy a weight class below him simply because Woodley wants to make money off Diaz makes no sense. Unless the UFC is a charity for Tyron Woodley. It might be, they donated him his title shot.

You seem to have some deep seeded issues with Woodley. Maybe go talk to a professional about that.

You keep getting upset over and over about the fight, but refuse to address that the UFC has offered it. You refused to address that Woodley keeps fighting the #1 contender, and said if RDA is next that's fine. The sooner you can be honest about the situation the better it will be for you, mentally.
2/13/18 12:18 PM
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

I was agreeing with you ya dingus. 

2/13/18 12:20 PM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
joshLISTED - 

You're being dishonest by intentionally ignoring the other half of that fight over and over.

It makes sense because of DJ. Its not odd at all.

Whereas Woodley fighting the #6 ranked guy a weight class below him simply because Woodley wants to make money off Diaz makes no sense. Unless the UFC is a charity for Tyron Woodley. It might be, they donated him his title shot.

You seem to have some deep seeded issues with Woodley. Maybe go talk to a professional about that.

You keep getting upset over and over about the fight, but refuse to address that the UFC has offered it. You refused to address that Woodley keeps fighting the #1 contender, and said if RDA is next that's fine. The sooner you can be honest about the situation the better it will be for you, mentally.

Lol I don't need to see a professional to understand my issue with woodley.

He is a whiny racist. I simply don't like him because of his behavior and demeanor.

You on the other clearly have a boner for the guy. Perhaps see a professional about that.

Still can't bring yourself to admit it's the UFC that has offered the fight, and Diaz is requesting it too, huh? Try real hard to see if you can muster the courage to do so.

Oh so it's just your opinion you don't like him. Fine. No one gives a shit who you are I like. But at least try to be honest with the situation. That is that the UFC offered Woodley to Diaz. Diaz wants the fight. Woodley has always accepted who the UFC offered. Woodley is just a big a draw in the UFC as any champ not named Conor.

Those are facts. It is math. It's not my opinion. It's not debatable. Again, let go of your emotion. Focus on reality.
2/13/18 12:24 PM
2/24/07
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

Gotcha...seemed you were agreeing with the previous poster who seems to have a problem with who Woodley signs to fight and you said he expects people to jump through hoops. Doesn't appear that way based on who he's signed to fight, as it's always been the #1 guy (Wonderboy, Wonderboy, Maia, and now said he'd fight RDA).
Edited: 2/13/18 12:35 PM
2/24/07
OK we're not getting anywhere. Keep blaming Woodley for the UFC matchmaking if it makes you feel better, ignoring all facts. Have a good day.
2/13/18 12:43 PM
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

Gotcha...seemed you were agreeing with the previous poster who seems to have a problem with who Woodley signs to fight and you said he expects people to jump through hoops. Doesn't appear that way based on who he's signed to fight, as it's always been the #1 guy (Wonderboy, Wonderboy, Maia, and now said he'd fight RDA).

That part I actually did agree with,  and his words are contradictory to who he fights.  That is a credit to him as champion,  honestly.  He bitches about money fights,  being promoted etc but he needs to become the money fight himself and just keep winning. Like I said though to his credit he does end up fighting whoever is in line.  

2/13/18 12:43 PM
5/14/06

I think that Woodley is using race-baiting to cover up his Napoleon complex - which would make him look even lamer than being seen as a race-baiter is making him look.

At least Rashad, who has always been in essentially the same situation as Woodley, has had the decency never to do any race-baiting.

2/13/18 12:45 PM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - OK we're not getting anywhere. Keep blaming Woodley for the UFC matchmaking if it makes you feel better, ignoring all facts. Have a good day.

I asked if you are drunk because you are babbling about the ufc offering woodley diaz, woodley accepting, and diaz accepting...

That would be all 3 parties in agreement. That fight would be made already...

You seem drunk.

UFC offered the fight to both. Woodley accepted. Diaz rejected it and wanted more money. Now in the last week Diaz released the statement I posted for you, saying Woodley is his best option.

It's been all over this board and media and it's been going on for months.

It's not that complicated. Google is only a click away if you're still confused. You can verify anything and everything
2/13/18 12:49 PM
2/24/07
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

That part I actually did agree with,  and his words are contradictory to who he fights.  That is a credit to him as champion,  honestly.  He bitches about money fights,  being promoted etc but he needs to become the money fight himself and just keep winning. Like I said though to his credit he does end up fighting whoever is in line.  

I hear ya... The way I've seen it is he says he wants GSP but then signs to fight Wonderboy. Then says he wants Conor but signs to fight Maia. If he can draw interest and get the fights, great. If not he signs to fight who they want.

I don't watch a ton of interviews but can see how the race thing gets annoying though. No one wants to keep listening to that.
2/13/18 1:29 PM
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

"People are saying"

I hear ya... The way I've seen it is he says he wants GSP but then signs to fight Wonderboy. Then says he wants Conor but signs to fight Maia. If he can draw interest and get the fights, great. If not he signs to fight who they want.

I don't watch a ton of interviews but can see how the race thing gets annoying though. No one wants to keep listening to that.

100% agreed on that post.  Stay sexy

2/13/18 2:22 PM
12/15/11

2/13/18 2:22 PM
12/15/11

4 later