FrontBroRian -
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
joshLISTED - 

Woodley can't understand he isn't an exciting fighter. His last 3 fights have been him with his back to the cage for the majority of the time waiting to land a shot. Connor, DC, TJ, etc all put on exciting fights, fans want to watch them. Nobody wants to watch Woodley fight.

People want to watch TJ? The last time he headlined a PPV it did 125,000 buys.

DC? His last 2 he headlined without Jones, even with big names like Gustafsson and Rumble, he couldn't break 300K buys.

Holloway vs Pettis did 150K buys.

The only time Woodley headlined as champ the card did 300K buys and the time before 240K buys, however that was when Robbie was champ.

I'm not sure why people say he's such a terrible draw or what they base it off. He's selling equal to or more than all other champs other than Conor.

You're being intentionally dishonest over and over.

If Woodley were special he would be special. He isn't.

I'm being honest by stating facts? You can verify all those numbers with a simple google search.

Are you saying more people wanted to watch TJ when 125K PPV's sold or Max when 150K PPV's sold than when Woodley sold 300K?

Do you disagree with math?

You're being dishonest by intentionally ignoring the other half of that fight over and over.

It makes sense because of DJ. Its not odd at all.

Whereas Woodley fighting the #6 ranked guy a weight class below him simply because Woodley wants to make money off Diaz makes no sense. Unless the UFC is a charity for Tyron Woodley. It might be, they donated him his title shot.

You seem to have some deep seeded issues with Woodley. Maybe go talk to a professional about that.

You keep getting upset over and over about the fight, but refuse to address that the UFC has offered it. You refused to address that Woodley keeps fighting the #1 contender, and said if RDA is next that's fine. The sooner you can be honest about the situation the better it will be for you, mentally.

Lol I don't need to see a professional to understand my issue with woodley.

He is a whiny racist. I simply don't like him because of his behavior and demeanor.

You on the other clearly have a boner for the guy. Perhaps see a professional about that.

Still can't bring yourself to admit it's the UFC that has offered the fight, and Diaz is requesting it too, huh? Try real hard to see if you can muster the courage to do so.

Oh so it's just your opinion you don't like him. Fine. No one gives a shit who you are I like. But at least try to be honest with the situation. That is that the UFC offered Woodley to Diaz. Diaz wants the fight. Woodley has always accepted who the UFC offered. Woodley is just a big a draw in the UFC as any champ not named Conor.

Those are facts. It is math. It's not my opinion. It's not debatable. Again, let go of your emotion. Focus on reality.

i agree with Woodley, he wants a money fight, but UFC want his div to keep it real, while other div are money fights only.

On the other side, his opponent wants a money fight to, unfortunately Woodley isn't it.

2/13/18 3:18 PM
2/24/07
Morpheus1976 - 
FrontBroRian -
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
joshLISTED - 

Woodley can't understand he isn't an exciting fighter. His last 3 fights have been him with his back to the cage for the majority of the time waiting to land a shot. Connor, DC, TJ, etc all put on exciting fights, fans want to watch them. Nobody wants to watch Woodley fight.

DC? His last 2 he headlined without Jones, even with big names like Gustafsson and Rumble, he couldn't break 300K buys.

The only time Woodley headlined as champ the card did 300K buys and the time before 240K buys, however that was when Robbie was champ.

I'm not sure why people say he's such a terrible draw or what they base it off. He's selling equal to or more than all other champs other than Conor.

You're being intentionally dishonest over and over.

If Woodley were special he would be special. He isn't.

I'm being honest by stating facts? You can verify all those numbers with a simple google search.

Are you saying more people wanted to watch TJ when 125K PPV's sold or Max when 150K PPV's sold than when Woodley sold 300K?

Do you disagree with math?

You're being dishonest by intentionally ignoring the other half of that fight over and over.

It makes sense because of DJ. Its not odd at all.

Whereas Woodley fighting the #6 ranked guy a weight class below him simply because Woodley wants to make money off Diaz makes no sense. Unless the UFC is a charity for Tyron Woodley. It might be, they donated him his title shot.

You seem to have some deep seeded issues with Woodley. Maybe go talk to a professional about that.

You keep getting upset over and over about the fight, but refuse to address that the UFC has offered it. You refused to address that Woodley keeps fighting the #1 contender, and said if RDA is next that's fine. The sooner you can be honest about the situation the better it will be for you, mentally.

Lol I don't need to see a professional to understand my issue with woodley.

He is a whiny racist. I simply don't like him because of his behavior and demeanor.

You on the other clearly have a boner for the guy. Perhaps see a professional about that.

Still can't bring yourself to admit it's the UFC that has offered the fight, and Diaz is requesting it too, huh? Try real hard to see if you can muster the courage to do so.

Oh so it's just your opinion you don't like him. Fine. No one gives a shit who you are I like. But at least try to be honest with the situation. That is that the UFC offered Woodley to Diaz. Diaz wants the fight. Woodley has always accepted who the UFC offered. Woodley is just a big a draw in the UFC as any champ not named Conor.

Those are facts. It is math. It's not my opinion. It's not debatable. Again, let go of your emotion. Focus on reality.

i agree with Woodley, he wants a money fight, but UFC want his div to keep it real, while other div are money fights only.

On the other side, his opponent wants a money fight to, unfortunately Woodley isn't it.

Same...

Regarding a money fight, really no one is these days, other than Conor and GSP, who are inactive. And like CRE said on page 1, Woodley isn't an attractive guy to fight as he's dangerous and most 185 or under can't beat him.

I'm sure RDA will be next which will be fun. I don't see RDA winning but anything is possible. Diaz would be more fun, but isn't close to deserving it, but would make the UFC more money, so I wouldn't be surprised if they booked it.
2/13/18 5:20 PM
4/22/16
failure at life -

I'll never understand the hate against woodley

Fan boys pile on after they watch daddy Dana spew his garbage.
2/13/18 11:28 PM
12/9/13

i do think the WMMA 125 champ gets underpromoted. she won and never heard from her again

2/13/18 11:35 PM
3/21/12
I always hear CB4 playing in my head when I see Woodley.
2/14/18 2:58 AM
12/17/09
FrontBroRian -
joshLISTED - 

It's not soley about draws. You see names like DC, TJ, etc on a card and you look forward to watching their fight. Whether you buy the card soley for them isn't the point. You see Woodley on the card and you don't expect anything exciting. It took Wonderboy being the aggressor in their fights for Woodley to land a shot otherwise they would have been identical to the Maia fight. 

2/14/18 2:12 PM
1/8/15

I think Ariel gets a semi when fighters shit talk Dana. Woodley had some good points, but Ariel didn't ask about whether the UFC lawyers told him to stop talking about the Diaz fight. I don't know why, but I wanted to hear his response to if they did and why they would do such a thing.

I think the Woodley hate comes from the way he tries to defend himself. First, if you're as good as he belives he is, he wouldn't have to defend himself so much. Second, saying his second fight with Wonderboy was a mirror image of the first is so ridiculous, he loses credibility on anything else he says. Then, there's the holding up the division for shit fights like he vs Diaz. No one liked it when Bisbing did it, and no one is gonna like for him to do it.

2/14/18 2:40 PM
4/8/13

Yes, the UG hates Tyron because it's racist. It also hates Tyron for the legitimate reason that he hits all the wrong notes. Not only does he look and move like an asshole, literally the only time he's heard from in the news, he's complaining. People don't like complainers. On top of that, his fighting style just isn't compelling.

2/14/18 3:05 PM
2/24/07
Saltine American - 

I think Ariel gets a semi when fighters shit talk Dana. Woodley had some good points, but Ariel didn't ask about whether the UFC lawyers told him to stop talking about the Diaz fight. I don't know why, but I wanted to hear his response to if they did and why they would do such a thing.

I think the Woodley hate comes from the way he tries to defend himself. First, if you're as good as he belives he is, he wouldn't have to defend himself so much. Second, saying his second fight with Wonderboy was a mirror image of the first is so ridiculous, he loses credibility on anything else he says. Then, there's the holding up the division for shit fights like he vs Diaz. No one liked it when Bisbing did it, and no one is gonna like for him to do it.

How has he held up the division? After the Maia fight he begged to be on the new years eve card. The only fight offered by the ufc was Nate. Woodley signed and started training. Nate turned it down. No other fights were offered by ufc, so he had surgery.

How can Woodley hold up a division if the ufc doesn’t offer fights and there really was no one to fight?
2/14/18 3:11 PM
2/24/07
joshLISTED - 
FrontBroRian -
joshLISTED - 

It's not soley about draws. You see names like DC, TJ, etc on a card and you look forward to watching their fight. Whether you buy the card soley for them isn't the point. You see Woodley on the card and you don't expect anything exciting. It took Wonderboy being the aggressor in their fights for Woodley to land a shot otherwise they would have been identical to the Maia fight. 

Sounds like your personal opinion.

Woodley draws as many or more PPV buys than every champ not named Conor. His sole headline did more than Bisping/Hendo, way more than Max/Aldo, equaled DC/Rumble (with Weidman as co main event), more than DC/Gustafsson, same as Stipe/JDS, more than Robbie’s last defense, etc...

2/14/18 3:26 PM
1/1/01
I don't like Woodley, but he's on point in his criticism of Dana. There's a reason he's garnered the nickname the Demoter. Imagine a boxing promoter ever talking that way about his clients as Dana does. Dana was talking shit about Ferguson not long ago as well. The guy's ego is fucking huge, and needs to go on the attack if he thinks anyone is getting too big for their britches. The only exception are his pet projects like Conor and Ronda.

2/14/18 7:03 PM
11/19/06

Rashad is right about Woodley. Taking on Dana is not going to help advance his career. 

Edited: 2/14/18 9:38 PM
5/22/15
Woodley has a point about how the UFC markets their champions.. to an extent.

Stipe Miocic is 18-2 with 14 TKO/KO, 9 in the first round. 4 decisions. The HW champion, baddest man on the planet. The man who set the HW title defense record has never seemed to have any type of push from the organization he champions. Stipe is an exciting fighter. Stipe's disclosed pay for UFC 220 was $600k.

Tyron Woodley, 18-3 with 6 TKO/KO, 5 subs, 7 decisions. 5 of the 6 TKO we're first round. Tyron's first 5 fights we're his only submission wins against dudes I've never heard of. 4 of them in the first. Since then, if he can't knock someone out in the first, he will ride it out for a long night. Tyron is a very well rounded martial artist, a great strategist. Although Tyron is the current champion, he's not in the same league as GSP. GSP although 'boring' as some would say, never called for attention outside of the affliction sponsorship bullshit. Tyron although 'boring' as some would say, is constantly begging for it, as a champion.

Now my question is, if Tyron truly is one of the last bastions of integrity, then why would he want to further delegitimize the sense of what it means to be a champion by falling in line with the shenanigans of the UFC and call out for money fights against non-contenders?

It would seem disingenuous to me, but it's always just been about prize fighting at the end of the day hasn't it.

Tyron's disclosed pay was $500k at UFC 214 for his performance against Maia. $100k less than Stipe.
Edited: 2/15/18 12:02 AM
11/24/15
FrontBroRian -
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ShanTheMan - 
EckY - Tyrone seems to think guys should go on ten fight win streaks to be allowed to fight him yet he had lost 2 of his last 6 when he got his shot.

This is my only problem with him.  He kind of earned his shot I guess but expects anyone else to jump through hoops. 

Ya but look at his point. People are saying Tony and Khabib need to fight to “sort things out at LW” and see who is the legit #1 contender. Basically saying neither is worthy of a title shot yet, despite the fact each has won like 10 in a row. They essentially want everyone cleared out so there is only 1 guy left for Conor. Yet they say RDA has won 3 in a row or Colby has won 3 in a row so they DESERVE the title shot.

Dc is jumping weight classes, Stipe isn't fighting anyone at hw, Bisping didntnfight a contender for 2 years, mm isn’t fighting a 125er, TJ hasn’t defended once yet is moving weight classes, etc...but Woodley is supposed to keep fighting the next #1 contender for the 4th time in a row despite the fact no one else is scheduled to?

And to add to it, he isn’t saying he won’t fight anyone. He’s never been offered RDA. Just giving his opinion on who he’d like to fight

Who he'd like to fight is the #6 ranked lightweight who routinely gets wrestlefucked in that division.

Everyone else you named with special circumstances at least make sense. Woodley is trying to manufacture special circumstances that simply don't exist.

No they didn’t make sense.

Bisping should have fought Yoel, or Whitaker, instead of Hendo and GSP.

Tony and Khabib shouldn’t be knocking one or the other out. They both deserve the title shot.

Bayles, who just finished Hunt, is on a 5 fight ufc win streak at HW. That’s way more that RDA or Colby have done. He should be fighting Stipe.

Gus should be fighting DC, especially after their last split decision.

TJ has not defended once. I’m sure there is a guy on a 3 fight win streak at BW, just like Colby and RDA at WW.

Bisping got it because GSP is special. And he is indeed special.

Tony and Khabib are fighting because Conor is special. And he is indeed special.

Stipe and Cormier are fighting because it's an incredible superfight and the only chance to make it as Cormier retires in a year. Given DC's reign as strikeforce HW champ this makes sense.

TJ and DJ are fighting because DJ has kicked the ass of his entire division almost twice.

There aren't any special circumstances for Woodley. He is just complaining that he isn't special. But, sadly, he isn't special.

Now you're basically saying the same as Woodley. It's happening all over and that's the direction the UFC has headed.

The difference between Woodley and the guys you mentioned? He has more title defenses than all of them except Stipe and MM.

TJ isn't special. He hasn't defended once. He's a worse draw than Woodley. And he's getting a "superfight." Tough to blame Woodley.

And again, you're crying because he gives his opinion in the media. When it comes down to it, he always signs to fight who the UFC asks.

TJ is a two-time champ, fool