UnderGround Forums Would Conor McGregor win UFC 1?

3/17/18 12:01 PM
1/1/01

For a concept thoughts please ?

3/17/18 12:01 PM
1/1/01

3/17/18 12:07 PM
3/12/15

Yes. Easily. 

3/17/18 12:08 PM
1/7/08

Yes, he would have convinced Royce Gracie, with shit talk naturally, to stand and trade with him, and would have knocked him out.

UFC2 he would have debuted his pimp walk, and knocked out Remco Pardoel and Patrick Smith before getting heelhooked by Ken Shamrock (in this alternate universe Ken Shamrock debuts at UFC2).

3/17/18 1:08 PM
2/17/03
evil veiled - 

Yes, he would have convinced Royce Gracie, with shit talk naturally, to stand and trade with him, and would have knocked him out.

UFC2 he would have debuted his pimp walk, and knocked out Remco Pardoel and Patrick Smith before getting heelhooked by Ken Shamrock (in this alternate universe Ken Shamrock debuts at UFC2).

No shit talking would have led Royce to trade with Conor. Royce wasn't proud of his stand up. He was proud of his BJJ. His purpose was to show the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Royce would try to take Conor down. But he would have been lit up. Eddie Alvarez is a far better offensive wrestler than Royce and he didn't come close to taking Conor down.

The Ken match up is really interesting.
3/17/18 1:17 PM
1/10/13

Joyce was an absolutely one dimensional bjj black belt at about 180'ish (not very athletic) pounds.  Whooped ass, dominated.  Had the element of suprise, both a superior and largely unfamiliar skillset, against pretty much everybody.

Conner would walk in at around 170, extremely athletic, with at least a brown belt in bjj under Kavanagh.  Plus modern-mma era TDD/grappling, strength/conditioning, footwork and excellent striking.

Conner would smash everybody. 

3/17/18 1:33 PM
1/1/01
UFC 1 prime athletic catch wrestler 230 lb Ken Shamrock would have beat Conor down bigly.
3/17/18 1:37 PM
2/17/03
BJ Penn Forever - UFC 1 prime athletic catch wrestler 230 lb Ken Shamrock would have beat Conor down bigly.

I suspect that's right.
3/17/18 1:38 PM
1/1/01
People have seen past his prime and injured Shamrock get beat down so many times they forget just how dangerous and skilled he was in 93.

No version of Conor is KOing prime Shamrock.

3/17/18 1:43 PM
4/2/11
BJ Penn Forever - UFC 1 prime athletic catch wrestler 230 lb Ken Shamrock would have beat Conor down bigly.

Yup

3/17/18 1:51 PM
5/22/15
Living Death: Leprechaun defeated by way of Shamrock. Who would've thunk it?
3/17/18 1:56 PM
4/9/16
BJ Penn Forever - UFC 1 prime athletic catch wrestler 230 lb Ken Shamrock would have beat Conor down bigly.

Wow.  Shirley this is a troll yes?  The answer to the OP is a resounding Fucking A. 

Edited: 3/17/18 2:01 PM
5/22/15
wiggum - 
evil veiled - 

No shit talking would have led Royce to trade with Conor. Royce wasn't proud of his stand up. He was proud of his BJJ. His purpose was to show the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Royce would try to take Conor down. But he would have been lit up. Eddie Alvarez is a far better offensive wrestler than Royce and he didn't come close to taking Conor down.

The Ken match up is really interesting.

Then there's Kimo.
3/17/18 2:08 PM
2/17/03
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Wow.  Shirley this is a troll yes?  The answer to the OP is a resounding Fucking A. 

Ken Shamrock beat Bas Rutten.
3/17/18 2:15 PM
5/22/15
wiggum - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

Ken Shamrock beat Bas Rutten.

2x and the only loss that Bas has never been able to avenge IIRC.
Edited: 3/17/18 2:33 PM
1/1/01

I'm not so sure of that. In UFC 1 Ken pulled Royce straight into mount then turned his back without even protecting his neck and got choked out.  

And Royce only looked good against weekend warriors, one gloved boxers and wrestlers with no submission knowledge.

Honestly I would even give conor an even chance of subbing Royce off his back.  Matt Hughes was just a wrestler with decent submission knowledge. He made Royce look like CM Punk

3/17/18 2:37 PM
5/6/16
He would have got knocked out in the pre fight meetings....
3/17/18 2:43 PM
11/20/10

Shamrock would have ripped him in half.

3/17/18 2:43 PM
1/1/01
Soup and Beer - 

I'm not so sure of that. In UFC 1 Ken pulled Royce straight into mount then turned his back without even protecting his neck and got choked out.  

And Royce only looked good against weekend warriors, one gloved boxers and wrestlers with no submission knowledge.

Honestly I would even give conor an even chance of subbing Royce off his back.  Matt Hughes was just a wrestler with decent submission knowledge. He made Royce look like CM Punk

Everyone was a weekend warrior in 93, there was no such thing as NHB anywhere outside of a little vale tudo in Brazil. Nobody "looked good" in 93.

Ken was looking for a ankle lock when he pulled Royce onto him, Royce never gained full mount. Ken had guard within one second. He got tapped there because he had zero experience with gi chokes like everyone else outside of judo/sambo/BJJ.

Royce was a bit older when he fought prime Hughes, not relevant here.
3/17/18 3:12 PM
6/17/16

Does he get to juice until his dick glows in the dark like Shammy?

If so I say 15 stone McGregor snaps Ken's neck like a dry spagett.

3/17/18 3:21 PM
9/11/13
Soup and Beer -

You think Conor would be Hughes?

1/1/01
Target_the_Gash - 

Does he get to juice until his dick glows in the dark like Shammy?

If so I say 15 stone McGregor snaps Ken's neck like a dry spagett.

Mr. Shamrock was all natural in 93, #SteaknChicken4thewin
9/11/13
cg51mma -
Soup and Beer -

You think Conor would be Hughes?

Beat?

3/17/18 4:13 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -
Soup and Beer - 

Everyone was a weekend warrior in 93, there was no such thing as NHB anywhere outside of a little vale tudo in Brazil. Nobody "looked good" in 93.

Ken was looking for a ankle lock when he pulled Royce onto him, Royce never gained full mount. Ken had guard within one second. He got tapped there because he had zero experience with gi chokes like everyone else outside of judo/sambo/BJJ.

Royce was a bit older when he fought prime Hughes, not relevant here.

Yes he went for the ankle lock but still pulled Royce right on top of him when he fell back. And Ken never pulled guard. He held on to the ankle while Royce was palm striking from the mount. Ken slowly turned his back then Royce got kens right leg trapped from the back mount and rnc'd him. It wasn't a gi choke. Ken tapped,  Royce let go then Ken tried to continue when the ref didn't stop the fight after the tap.

3/17/18 4:27 PM
1/26/08

Depends on the matchups, but he could have won if the matchups were correct.