UnderGround Forums YOU ARE FOCUSING ON THE WRONG PUNCH!

Edited: 2 days ago
1/11/06
The "knock down" looks to me like a combination of Conor's left hand push-pulling paulies head as he holds and hits with the right. If you are looking for something positive regarding Conor's sparring you should be focusing on the straight lead left he landed flush from outside the pocket, that was a good shot. the "knock down" wasn't really much of a knock down is any at all. sort of a hybrid push-pull-hold and hit-pauline is fat and payed for it kind of punch.
Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01

I can't tell if the right landed.

2 days ago
1/11/06
Anek - 

I can't tell if the right landed.

I think he connected with the right. Either way he was clearly pushing his head down while holding and hitting. Not a legit knock down in my opinion.
2 days ago
8/23/09

They dont care.  No one cares.  i dont care. 

Two more weeks of this shit. "Pauli was a prop".  

2 days ago
1/11/06
Either way its not going to change the outcome.
1 day ago
1/11/06
This video does not seem as popular when its broken down in slow motion.
1 day ago
4/19/17
hankhill - Either way its not going to change the outcome.
Correct, Conor still wins in 4
1 day ago
4/19/17
hankhill - This video does not seem as popular when its broken down in slow motion.
I think it's awesome, it makes Conor look even better.....Conor is literally a once in a lifetime fighter with that type of accuracy.
1 day ago
4/19/17
sunderground -

They dont care.  No one cares.  i dont care. 

Two more weeks of this shit. "Pauli was a prop".  

They do care.  Everyone cares.  i do care. 

Two more weeks of this amazingness. "Pauli turned himself into a prop".
1 day ago
1/11/06
Lights Out Lurker - 
hankhill - This video does not seem as popular when its broken down in slow motion.
I think it's awesome, it makes Conor look even better.....Conor is literally a once in a lifetime fighter with that type of accuracy.

Totally! It's like he is a pugilistic sniper!
1 day ago
4/11/10

Donkey punch, imho

1 day ago
11/19/08
Conor fan, but I agree. There was some push pull action going on there. And joe Cortez didn't call it a knockdown.
1 day ago
1/11/06
Reggie Warren Jr - Conor fan, but I agree. There was some push pull action going on there. And joe Cortez didn't call it a knockdown.

This. And Joe is one of the best ever in addition to being hyper aware because of Conor's learning curve.
1 day ago
9/5/11

Hard at work...

Fucking dorks 

1 day ago
4/27/16
Malvert the Janitor - 

Hard at work...

Fucking dorks 

Doing God's work
1 day ago
2/16/08
Not a knockdown, you can see this in full speed.

However, there is another vid of Conor landing maybe one of the quickest, cleanest left hands he has ever thrown, and it visibly shakes Paulie.
1 day ago
11/21/10

in a real boxing match thats ruled a knockdown 95%+ of the time so no reason to argue if it was or wasnt

1 day ago
5/21/12
newjack900 -

in a real boxing match thats ruled a knockdown 95%+ of the time so no reason to argue if it was or wasnt

This

1 day ago
11/19/08
B17 - Not a knockdown, you can see this in full speed.

However, there is another vid of Conor landing maybe one of the quickest, cleanest left hands he has ever thrown, and it visibly shakes Paulie.
That punch was perfect. And landed clean as fuck. That hurt.
1 day ago
11/19/08
Fedoral Crime -
newjack900 -

This

Joe Cortez is treating each sparring session as a real boxing match.
1 day ago
11/19/08
And you can't hold the head and punch. That's illegal in boxing
1 day ago
5/8/16
Reggie Warren Jr - Conor fan, but I agree. There was some push pull action going on there. And joe Cortez didn't call it a knockdown.
How do u know Joe did not call it a knockdown? Have u seen the rest of footage? Or because Paulie said so?
1 day ago
1/1/01
Fahqhard -
Reggie Warren Jr - Conor fan, but I agree. There was some push pull action going on there. And joe Cortez didn't call it a knockdown.
How do u know Joe did not call it a knockdown? Have u seen the rest of footage? Or because Paulie said so?

1. It looked like he waved it off.

2. If he had ruled it a knockdown, they probably would have included that in the clip.

3. Another of McGregor's sparring partners claimed that Joe didn't see the knockdown, which implies that he didn't rule it a knockdown.

1 day ago
8/11/12
Anek -
Fahqhard -

1. It looked like he waved it off.

2. If he had ruled it a knockdown, they probably would have included that in the clip.

3. Another of McGregor's sparring partners claimed that Joe didn't see the knockdown, which implies that he didn't rule it a knockdown.

No reason to even have a reference in sparring. If Pauly was done after that alleged knock down do you guys think Cortez would hold up conors hand up in victory? It's sparring ffs. 

1 day ago
8/11/12

But yeah, he has to land the left, he has a great left that reminds me of an early Pacquiao.  They just know how to land it.