UnderGround Forums Yoel - Kennedy - what happened

2/11/18 11:27 PM
6/6/17

Missed this one, but read people are saying Yoel cheated and Kennedy has a right to be pissed.  True?  What went down?

Thanks!

2/11/18 11:32 PM
12/23/08

Kennedy was close to finishing him before the round ended.

In between the round, Yoel’s cornerman left his stool in the cage and he got more than 60 seconds.

Also, they put too much Vaseline on his face or some shit and the ref had them come in and take it off, giving him even more time to recover.

He had more than enough time to recover and then beat Kennedy.

Everything I just typed could be bullshit.  I am going by memory and I am drunk for every UFC card.

2/11/18 11:40 PM
6/6/12

Yoel didn’t know the round was starting though because he didn’t understand the ref. Kennedy used this extra few seconds that Yoel got as an excuse for him getting the shit beat out of him. Then he’s bitched about it on social media ever since.

the reality is that yes Yoel got a few extra seconds to recover but that would hardly change anything and Yoel was still gonna kick his ass regardless. 

2/11/18 11:42 PM
2/24/07
Hocky - 

In between the round, Yoel’s cornerman left his stool in the cage and he got more than 60 seconds.

Also, they put too much Vaseline on his face or some shit and the ref had them come in and take it off, giving him even more time to recover.

Everything I just typed could be bullshit.  I am going by memory and I am drunk for every UFC card.

Before all that Kennedy was illegally holding onto Yoels glove, which led to the clean punches.

Both cheated so it’s a wash.

Then Yoel blasted Kennedy out
2/12/18 1:14 AM
1/1/01
Kennedy was grabbing the glove, cheating.
Romero had a few extra seconds on the stool, cheating.

Romero won, Kennedy can't accept he got his ass kicked, had a dream of a title run, Romero crushed it, Gastelum let him know his days in the top ten were done. Kennedy can't accept it so fixates on stoolgate and ignores his own glove grabbing.

End of story.
2/12/18 1:32 AM
8/6/06

Kennedy was the one that initiated the cheating, and Kennedy's foul was more consequential too, so no, I don't think he has a right to be angry.

2/12/18 2:03 AM
8/15/07
Kennedy didn't not illegally grab Romero's glove. This is a blatant lie that's been proven as such time and again on this forum.

Romero, however, refused to answer the bell for an inordinate amount of time after being rocked. Just stayed in his corner until he recovered and felt like coming out. It was fucking ridiculous.
2/12/18 2:09 AM
8/6/06

He VERY clearly held on to Romero's glove.

2/12/18 2:15 AM
6/6/12
Soul Gravy - Kennedy didn't not illegally grab Romero's glove. This is a blatant lie that's been proven as such time and again on this forum.

Romero, however, refused to answer the bell for an inordinate amount of time after being rocked. Just stayed in his corner until he recovered and felt like coming out. It was fucking ridiculous.

Nah fam 

2/12/18 2:22 AM
9/26/10
Soul Gravy - Kennedy didn't not illegally grab Romero's glove. This is a blatant lie that's been proven as such time and again on this forum.

Image result for kennedy grabbing romeros gloves

2/12/18 2:39 AM
8/15/07
ufc98newb - 

Image result for kennedy grabbing romeros gloves

Now show the slow-mo gif where you can easily see he was grasping the wrist, his hand slid down to the glove, and he DID NOT grip it. It caught his finger. You can even see it a bit in this gif. If he was gripping it, his pinky wouldn't be the the only finger on it at the end.
2/12/18 2:50 AM
7/22/09
FrontBroRian -
Hocky - 

Before all that Kennedy was illegally holding onto Yoels glove, which led to the clean punches.

Both cheated so it’s a wash.

Then Yoel blasted Kennedy out
Exactly, it was proven Kennedy cheated himself. In reality Yoel deserved that extra time to recover. Honestly its irrelevant now anyway
2/12/18 3:59 AM
4/13/07

Kennedy never fully recovered from that Cuban Missile Crisis.

2/12/18 5:23 AM
1/12/12
Really poor job on big John's part.
He allowed Romero's corner to buy Romero extra recovery time.

As soon as Romero refused to start at the beginning of the round, John should have immediately issued a warning and forced Romero to fight. If Romero could not immediately respond to warning, the fight should have been stopped.

There's really not much more to say.

Kennedy got screwed in that one.

2/12/18 9:18 AM
2/24/07
keithws2 - Really poor job on big John's part.
He allowed Romero's corner to buy Romero extra recovery time.

As soon as Romero refused to start at the beginning of the round, John should have immediately issued a warning and forced Romero to fight. If Romero could not immediately respond to warning, the fight should have been stopped.

There's really not much more to say.

Kennedy got screwed in that one.

Not true...this reddit post sums it up well....

It's crazy how people in this thread are still trying to argue the false narrative even after Big John himself is clearing it all up. "He didn't answer the bell" false, Big John never asked him if he was ready to start the 3rd round until all the BS about the Vaseline was over, and once he actually did ask him to start the round Yoel was able to oblige. "His corner cheated because they put too much vaseline" false, it was the UFC appointed cutman who fucked up and had to be called back to clean it up and not Yoel's actual corner attempting to cheat. "He wouldn't get off the stool when Big John told him to, it should've been called on the stool" false, Big John never ordered Yoel to get off the stool until after the cutman came back to clean up the excess vaseline and once Big John actually ordered Yoel to get off the stool Yoel did it. These are all facts, these are not my opinions. Just rewatch the footage. Fucking hell."
2/12/18 9:20 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - Kennedy didn't get called on his foul (which was questionable at best).

Yoel literally quit. After a minute and a half of his corner buying time he finally got his courage back.

He got to tap out then reconsider 90 seconds later.

a minute and a half? It was 28 seconds of confusion with Big John and the cutman. Not Yoel or his corner.

But I like how you add 62 seconds to try and make your point. The fact you have to lie shows your intentions. Even when Kennedy whines about it he claims it was an extra 28 seconds
2/12/18 9:25 AM
1/1/01

Kennedy pulled a classic savvy vet move and grabbed the inside of the gloves, which is against the rules. Then, Romero didn’t answer the bell but the referee gave him an inordinate amount of time to decide to start the round. That’s also very much against the rules. It was pretty ridiculous how extra time Romero was given. 

2/12/18 9:26 AM
1/1/01

“...how much extra time...”

2/12/18 10:09 AM
4/22/16

Kennedy didn't not illegally grab Romeros glove.... well you're correct. He didn't not illegally grab his glove. It was very illegal.
2/12/18 10:24 AM
11/27/13
ChiliSauce -
superCulo - 

Yoel didn’t know the round was starting though because he didn’t understand the ref. Kennedy used this extra few seconds that Yoel got as an excuse for him getting the shit beat out of him. Then he’s bitched about it on social media ever since.

the reality is that yes Yoel got a few extra seconds to recover but that would hardly change anything and Yoel was still gonna kick his ass regardless. 

He quit on the stool.

His corner pretended there was a nonexistent language confusion (as if Yoel was confused about starting the round, lol).

This went on for a minute and a half until Yoel got his courage up to go back and fight.

Kennedy should have put his arms up in victory after the first 10 seconds because Yoel quit.

Yeh except fighters don’t call the fight so after putting his arms up in victory he would have looked really stupid getting blasted and losing not long after.

2/12/18 10:26 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - Kennedy didn't get called on his foul (which was questionable at best).

Yoel literally quit. After a minute and a half of his corner buying time he finally got his courage back.

a minute and a half? It was 28 seconds of confusion with Big John and the cutman. Not Yoel or his corner.

But I like how you add 62 seconds to try and make your point. The fact you have to lie shows your intentions. Even when Kennedy whines about it he claims it was an extra 28 seconds

Sorry for being off by 2 seconds.

So Yoel got to quit on the stool and reconsider 88 seconds later.

You think 28 seconds and a minute and a half is 2 seconds difference?
2/12/18 11:13 AM
11/9/17
BJ Penn Forever - Kennedy was grabbing the glove, cheating.
Romero had a few extra seconds on the stool, cheating.

Romero won, Kennedy can't accept he got his ass kicked, had a dream of a title run, Romero crushed it, Gastelum let him know his days in the top ten were done. Kennedy can't accept it so fixates on stoolgate and ignores his own glove grabbing.

End of story.

This!

2/12/18 11:12 AM
5/13/05

Kennedy cheated first and then got upset that Romero cheated lol. 

2/12/18 11:29 AM
1/1/01
mma_jeremy - 
Elias Cepeda -

Kennedy pulled a classic savvy vet move and grabbed the inside of the gloves, which is against the rules. Then, Romero didn’t answer the bell but the referee gave him an inordinate amount of time to decide to start the round. That’s also very much against the rules. It was pretty ridiculous how extra time Romero was given. 

Sure, but I don't think I've ever seen Romero take as much damage as he took from the punches Kennedy landed thanks to holding his glove.

It's pretty clear that most of those don't land if Yoel isn't being held like that. In my opinion the damage to Yoel was a bigger disadvantage than whatever advantage he gained with the extra time to recuperate.

Yeah, definitely could be. He ate hellacious shots as a direct consequence of Kennedy's fouls, no doubt.

2/12/18 11:37 AM
2/24/07
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 
ChiliSauce - 
FrontBroRian - 

Sorry for being off by 2 seconds.

So Yoel got to quit on the stool and reconsider 88 seconds later.

You think 28 seconds and a minute and a half is 2 seconds difference?

In minutes and seconds he sat on the stool 1 minute and 28 seconds according to you.

I said 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Now if you want to argue about the moment Yoel quit i can see that.

You said "after a minute and a half of his corner buying time."

One minute is a commission designated break in between rounds. So I guess you meant his corner bought 28 seconds?

And by bought, do you mean the commission designated cutman that put too much vaseline on him and had to come back and correct it? And then do you mean how the ref Big John didn't try to start the round until that was done, all which had nothing to do with Yoel or his corner?

I think you need to go back and watch the encounter, as you seem very confused. Your boy got smoked, even after the glove grab cheating. Get over it.