Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
Views: 372 - Comments: 0
By Michael Pepper
MMABay.co.uk can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has called for the Las Vegas based promotion to hand him a fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130 on May 28th and not match him up with Matt Hamill.
Speaking to a source close to the man from Memphis, Jackson is said to be less than impressed at the prospect of fighting Hamill and is unhappy at a number of comments Bonnar has made since his return to the octagon midway through 2010. Jackson therefore sees this as the perfect opportunity to make an example of Bonnar in front of millions of people.
Jackson got back to winning ways after losing via decision to bitter rival Rashad Evans when he defeated another former champion in the form of Lyoto Machida via split decision in October. Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming days to see if the promotion grants his wish as we get it.
Tagged: Las Vegas Nevada, List of UFC champions, lyoto machida, matt hamill, quinton jackson, rashad evans, Stephan Bonnar, Ultimate Fighting Championship
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting