Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
Views: 304 - Comments: 0
By John Buhl
Kenny Florian (13-5) has fought for the UFC lightweight title on two occasions, but after a knee injury forced him to pull out of a Jan. 22 bout against fellow contender Evan Dunham, he eventually decided to make the drop to featherweight.
He has his sights set on a showdown with 145-pound champion Jose Aldo, who turned down a fight with Florian at 155 when it looked as if Aldo might’ve cleared through the featherweight class. Florian told ProMMAnow.com about his reasons for making the cut and also explained that he’s confident he’ll make weight but doesn’t plan on doing a test cut.
“I haven’t done a test cut and I don’t plan on doing one,” Florian said. “I’m pretty confident I’m going to make it.
“I didn’t really think about [changing weight classes] until the fight against Aldo was proposed at 155 and Jose didn’t take the fight. But I started thinking about it and people were telling me I could be able to get down to 145. I spoke to a few nutritionists that confirmed it and then made my decision based on that.”
Tagged: dana white, Evan Dunham, gray maynard, jose aldo, kenny florian, melvin guillard, ufc, Ultimate Fighting Championship
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting