Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
Views: 166 - Comments: 0
By Fighters Only
M-1 company president Vadim Finkelstein must be one of the only people who witnessed Strikeforce’s headline fight on Saturday night who does not think Fedor Emelianenko was comprehensively beaten by Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva.
“I couldn’t believe my eyes, that the fight was stopped. And that Fedor was going to lose the fight. I don’t consider it a loss, in the sense that the first round Fedor clearly won, and in the second round Silva clearly won. We don’t know what would have happened in the third round,” he said after the fight.
“Silva was a very big guy. He outweighed Fedor by about 60 pounds. But at the same time, we don’t know what would have happened. Clearly the eye came into play and as a result it is a loss.”
The fight was called off on doctor’s advice in the interval before the third round was due to commence. Fedor’s right eye was sealed shut and even with protracted use of a frozen eye-iron, the swelling could not be abated.
“I believe the doctor made the right decision because the fighter’s health is the utmost priority … if that is what the doctor felt was right, then I agree with that,” Finkelstein allowed.
Filed under: Strikeforce Tagged: Antonio Silva, bigfoot, East Rutherford New Jersey, fabricio werdum, fedor emelianenko, mixed martial arts, silva, strikeforce
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting