Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
Views: 334 - Comments: 0
Fitch is just about the most consistent performer in the UFC, winning 13 of his 14 bouts since joining MMA‘s premier organisation in 2005. Only Georges St-Pierre has beaten the AKA fighter, the only defeat suffered by Fitch in his last 22 career fights.
Now he wants a second crack at the welterweight title and, due to a fighting style that is not always easy on the eye, Fitch knows he must beat star names like Penn to turns the heads of the UFC bosses.
However, Penn is a former two-weight champion, coming off a 21-second knockout of Matt Hughes, and he warned Fitch that he has picked the wrong man.
“I really feel like I’m the most dangerous guy out there,” said Penn. “A two-time world champion… I’m definitely the wrong guy to go up against right now.
“The reason I took the fight is because Jon Fitch is that good. I want to see what he has. No disrespect to Jon Fitch, but show me, show me how good you are.”
Filed under: ufc Tagged: American Kickboxing Academy, bj penn, georges st pierre, jon fitch, matt hughes, mma, ufc, Ultimate Fighting Championship
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting