Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
Views: 515 - Comments: 0
By Adam Wells
Dana White catches a lot of flack from MMA fans, and some sports analysts alike, because of his very brash, candid personality. For example, he was engaged in a Twitter war on Saturday night with fans of Fedor Emelianenko.
However, one thing that the haters don’t look at is everything that he has done to help bring MMA into the mainstream. He does more than any promoter in the world to ensure that the fans have the best possible experience when they go to a UFC event.
For instance, the upcoming UFC 129 show from Toronto was something that White was very apprehensive about doing, according to Dave Meltzer, because he wasn’t sure that they could make it so that the fans could see what was going on inside the octagon.
They are bringing in a bunch of risers to put on the floor so that fans aren’t straining their neck to see what’s going on. In order to do this, they had to eliminate ticket sales in the 200-level section.
White wants to make money, obviously it’s a business and the goal of any business is to make money, but he is not going to take the fans money at the expense of their experience.
One person that White is frequently compared to is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, and you can certainly see the similarities. They are both egomaniacs, but they have made a truckload of money for their respective companies.
Filed under: UFC Tagged: dana white, Dave Meltzer, fedor emelianenko, Race and ethnicity in the United States Census, toronto, twitter, Ultimate Fighting Championship, vince mcmahon
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting