Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
Views: 362 - Comments: 0
By Damon Martin
Sources close to the fighter confirmed the release to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.
Ruediger went 0-2 during his return stint to the UFC, with losses to Joe Lauzon and Paul Taylor.
The former “Ultimate Fighter” cast member had picked up six wins in a row to earn his way back into the UFC, but suffered a couple of tough losses upon his return.
While his release does mean Ruediger’s next fight won’t be in the UFC, it doesn’t mean he’s deterred from returning. The California based fighter is currently contemplating a potential move to featherweight after having very little weight to cut before his last bout at 155lbs.
No official move has been decided, but Ruediger may decide to try the weight class out in the future.
Filed under: UFC Tagged: anderson silva, California, Gabe Ruediger, Joe Lauzon, List of UFC events, Paul Taylor, UFC, Ultimate Fighting Championship
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting