Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
Views: 474 - Comments: 0
By Erik Fontanez
Duran’s agency, Iridium Sports Agency, made the fight announcement via its official Facebook page Monday night. In addition, Duran signed a new contract with the UFC consisting of five fights – the first fight being against the Japanese fighter on March 3.
MMAWeekly.com originally reported that Mizugaki was slated to fight Francisco Rivera on the Versus card, but an undisclosed injury during training recently forced Rivera off the event. MMAJunkie.com was the first to report on Rivera’s withdrawal.
Duran (7-2-1) has spent some time fighting for the King of the Cage promotion in addition to some smaller Southern California promotions, such as All-Star Boxing and Long Beach Fight Night. He’s currently on a four-fight winning streak with three of those four wins being finishes. The Redlands, Calif. native started his professional career in 2006.
Filed under: UFC Tagged: King of the Cage, MMAWeekly.com, Southern California, Takeya Mizugaki, Ultimate Fighting Championship, urijah faber, Versus (TV channel), World Extreme Cagefighting
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From EvilMaster
- 02/12 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson calls for fight with Stephan Bonnar at UFC 130
- 02/12 - Canadian UFC fighters ready for home-turf bouts
- 02/13 - Vadim and Coker not convinced Fedor is done
- 02/13 - Andrei Arlovski gets KO’d by Sergei Kharitonov in Strikeforce Heavyweight GP
- 02/13 - Fabricio Werdum ready for Overeem’s size, striking
- 02/13 - Kenny Florian confident about making cut to UFC 145 division
- 02/13 - Scott Coker: “A committee will determine the tournament replacements.”
- 02/14 - Gilbert Melendez: “I Really Truly Believe I’m the No. 1 Fighter in the World”
- 02/14 - Bigfoot’s Manager Alex Davis: “It will be hard to beat Bigfoot now”
- 02/14 - Fedor’s manager: “I don’t consider it a loss”
- 02/14 - Fitch has picked the wrong guy to mess with – Penn
- 02/14 - Dana White: Is The UFC President A Better Version Of Vince McMahon?
- 02/14 - Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale
- 02/14 - Gabe Ruediger Released by the UFC, Contemplating Move to 145lbs
- 02/14 - UFC site coordinator Burt Watson: “I like it when it’s wacky, baby. It’s what we do.”
- 02/15 - Reuben Duran Steps Up To Face Takeya Mizugaki At UFC On Versus 3
- 02/15 - Lyoto: “The UFC won’t feel sorry for me. I’ll give my best to win”
- 02/15 - Wolfslair boss confirms Rampage-Hamill, says Hamill “running his mouth”
- 02/15 - Rashad Evans on Fedor’s loss: “He was all upset because his priest didn’t come in.”
- 02/15 - Pat “HD” Barry Responds To Joey Beltran’s Claim Of Victory And The Personal Significance Of Fighting