ADCC 2009 Championships DVD Set now available!
Views: 520 - Comments: 0
This message is for all of you lily-licking pantywaists out there who haven’t heard of the Abu Dhabi Combat Club, and those who for some unfathomable reason, haven’t yet ordered the DVD set of their own.
ADCC is like Street Fighter, only with remarkably fewer fireballs.
|Founded by an Arab Sheik who discovered MMA while attending college in the States, the Abu Dhabi Combat Club begain as an academy in the United Arab Emirates after his return, hiring world class instructors in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Wrestling, Russian Sambo, and Muay Thai.|
| As the Sheik’s training expanded into multiple disciplines, he created a new competition and a set of rules that would allow fighters of any style to compete in a world-wide invitational tournament. This is basically the same idea every one of us had as a 12 year old kid after the first time we played Street Fighter II, only if we had nigh-unlimited financial backing and a host of international contacts.
(Instead of merely 50 cents in milk-money to bribe Jimmy Jones and Todd McNerdy to wrestle behind the cafeteria during recess)
ADCC is basically every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie from the 80’s.
|With the exception of spinal attacks, most submissions are permissible under ADCC rules, including knee and foot locks. Creating the ultimate playground for submission grappling, ADCC tournaments have featured a host of the world’s top competitors in MMA and BJJ (Matt Hughes, Royler Gracie, or Tito Ortiz ring a bell?) who are really pushed to the limits of their skill, as strikes are explicitly forbidden.|
| Don’t let this fool you, ADCC fights can be just as brutal. Why, in this very DVD set you can see the bone-crunching match between Rubens “Cobrinha” Charles and Rani Yahya that literally resulted in bones being crunched. Three bones, to be precise.
ADCC Championships only take place once every two years, so don’t wait!
|The 2009 ADCC Championships took place from September 25-27 in Barcelona, Spain. The DVD set features an astounding 20 hours covering 117 fights, in addition to a special feature of instruction on the mats where BJJ Black Belt and ADCC commentator Shawn Williams will demonstrate for you some of the best moves exhibited in the tournament.|
|This is better than Van Damme himself barging into your living room and punching your chest so hard that your heart will explode in three months long after you forgot about it!|
| So don’t waste any more time, Order Yours Today!
(What, still need convincing? Then check out the trailer, pansy!)
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From Budovideos
- 11/26 - We are now less than 24 hours away.
- 12/13 - Free Ground shipping! This weekend only!*
- 01/15 - The UFC kicks off 2009 in a big way with UFC 93 emanating from Dublin, ...
- 01/16 - Average Joe’s MMA Preview: UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson
- 01/24 - Average Joe’s MMA preview: UFC 94: St. Pierre vs. Penn 2
- 02/14 - Average Joe’s MMA Preview: UFC 95: Sanchez vs. Stevenson
- 04/27 - Cage Fighter in stock
- 04/27 - More Venum Products in Stock
- 04/28 - Gokor Chivichyan: The Hayastan Way
- 05/12 - Entering into MMA Promotion in 2009: A “David vs. Goliath” affair, a minefield….or both?
- 06/15 - MMA: Where we’ve been, and where we’re headed
- 06/22 - Dan Henderson: Heart of a Champion
- 06/29 - Yushin Okami: Thunderstruck
- 07/27 - Hélio Gracie: The Passing of a Legend
- 02/01 - ADCC 2009 Championships DVD Set now available!