What do you need for your first BJJ Class?
Views: 1102 - Comments: 0
Are you worried about what your first Brazilian jiu-jitsu class will be like?
Being in shape before you start
Too concerned with being out of shape probably. Nothing will get you into shape faster than grappling. You are moving around, a lot, usually in a stuffy, humid, gym. You are trying to control and submit other grown adults that are nearly fully resisiting you. All the while trying to submit you too!
What you will look like
Who cares? We all started somewhere. Granted I started wrestling when I was like 8 so I never looked bad, lol, but evryone has seen every type come through the gym doors. Some people can't do somersaults, they show up. Most people look stupid only because they don't get the movements or the flow. You will pick it up quickly.
I don't know anything
Of course not, you are just starting out. Even if you pick up just one move from a week's worth of classes it's worth it. For self-defense or just to get you into bjj, one move a week is enough.
I put a post up at my site, doyoubjj.com, about what to bring to your first class. Click the following link to read about what to expect at your first bjj class. Go ahead, stop by. You know you want to.
This blog posted by,
More Blogs From Do You BJJ
- 05/27 - Changes that need to be made to BJJ and MMA
- 05/29 - What do you need for your first BJJ Class?
- 06/08 - Wrestling Trumps All and You Know It
- 06/09 - UFC on FX
- 09/29 - TUF 16
- 10/13 - Mixed Martial Arts - How It Originated
- 12/09 - What are your thoughts on vale tudo?
- 12/12 - My Thoughts on UFC on Fox 5 - Who am I? Your worst nightmare.
- 12/14 - The mma gear you need to begin training
- 12/17 - How to choose an mma gym - tips and warnings
- 12/21 - The whole gi vs. no gi debate - what say you?
- 06/17 - Pretty excited about this one - Bravo vs. Royler re-match set for Metamoris 3
- 07/01 - Getting tired of these gi prices mane!