Welterweight Rick Story agrees to meet Brian Foster at UFC 103 in Dallas
Welterweight Rick Story (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has agreed to a "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" slot on less than two-weeks' notice, and the Portland, Ore., native is now expected face UFC-newcomer Brian Foster (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at the Sept. 19 event in Dallas.
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today learned from sources close to the event that Story has verbally agreed to the preliminary card contest, though bout agreements have yet to be signed.
With the UFC apparently filling in the one hole that remained on the UFC 103 card, the re-completed event includes:
MAIN CARD (PPV)
* Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin
* Junior Dos Santos vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
* Paul Daley vs. Martin Kampmann*
* Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
* Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin
PRELIM CARD (Spike TV)
* Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
* Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries
PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
* Steve Lopez vs. Jim Miller
* Nick Lentz vs. Rafaello Oliveira
* Brian Foster vs. Rick Story*
* Jason Brilz vs. Eliot Marshall
* Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
* Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rob Emerson
read full article...
MMA gear now available at the UG Store