Shinya Aoki's late replacement opponent in Rich Clementi proved somewhat difficult to put away, but the Tobikan Judan no less punished him mercilessly throughout both rounds before the inevitable finish in the main event of Dream “Fight for Japan” at the Saitama Super Arena.
Taking Clementi's back and trapping his left arm in the first, Aoki spent a solid five minutes from mount, dropping salvo after salvo of punches on the American. Clementi shelled up in defense, but could do little else to improve his position or escape. Somewhat inexplicably, referee Yuji Shimada stood Aoki up from this position to issue the UFC veteran a yellow card for inactivity.
The second frame was similarly a wash for Aoki, as the Japanese grappling ace quickly took Clementi's back and dropped more punches from behind. He mercifully put the American away halfway through with a face crank from the rear-naked choke position, eliciting the tap at the 2:32 mark.
Amidst an oncoming typhoon, Masakazu Imanari and Hideo Tokoro punched their tickets to the finals of the Dream bantamweight grand prix.
read entire article...
• Masakazu Imanari defeats Kenji Osawa via Submission (Heel Hook, 0:58, Round 2)
• Hideo Tokoro defeats Atsushi Yamamoto via Decision (Unanimous)
• Shinya Aoki defeats Rich Clementi via Submission (Face Crank, 2:32 Round 2)
• Katsunori Kikuno defeats Daisuke Nakamura via Decision (Unanimous)
• Caol Uno defeats Akiyo Nishiura via Decision (Unanimous)
• Takeshi Inoue defeats Koichiro Matsumoto via TKO (Ref Stoppage, 6:51, 1st round)
• Joachim Hansen defeats Mitsuhiro Ishida via Decision (Split)
• Kenji Osawa defeats Takafumi Otsuka via Decision (Split)
• Masakazu Imanari defeats Keisuke Fujiwara via Decision (Unanimous)
• Hideo Tokoro defeats Yoshiro Maed via Injury (Corner Stoppage, 0:43, 2nd round)
• Atsushi Yamamoto defeats Yusaku Nakamura via TKO (Ref Stoppage, 8:43, 1st round)