Story to GSP: Take the fight to Hendricks


Rick Story is the only man to ever defeat Johny Hendricks, not only in the Octagon, but in his career and that's exactly why Story was brought up to Canada to help the champion prepare for his title defense.

Story won a unanimous three round decision against Hendricks in 2010, and his best advice to St-Pierre is to take the fight to him:

“Firas Zahabi really wanted me to come train with Georges, and since I was the only person to beat Johny Hendricks, it makes sense that Firas was pretty persistent,” Story told MMAjunkie.

Even though Hendricks has improved dramatically since his December 2010 loss to Story, “The Horror” was still able to share some fundamental advice with the reigning welterweight champion.

The most noteworthy of that advice? Put Hendricks on the defensive and make one of the sport’s most devastating power punchers fight while moving backward.

“Take the fight to him,” Story said of his advice to St-Pierre. “Johny has everyone backing up, and then if someone tries to get him to go backwards, Johny will take them down.

“I took the fight to Johny, that’s the only difference, so that’s what I emphasized.”

read entire article...


tags: Johnny Hendricks   Rick Story (detail)  Georges St-Pierre (detail)  UFC 167   


Get the MMA Underground app. for iPhone and Andriod devices.
iPhone Application Andriod MMA Underground Application

Recent Comments »

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun site profile image  

11/12/13 11:18 AM by ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

GSP looks at his options and fights based on the biggest chance he will win. He can stand and trade and have a 90 percent chance of winning and give the 10 percent away that accounts for the 1 luck punch that can end it all or he can use his overall skills and have a 100 percent chance of winning. The opposite of this is someone like Anderson Silva, his wrestling is on such a low level that he actually had to act like a clown to convince Weidman NOT to go for the takedown and dominate him like he did in the first round. If Silva was a good wrestler he wouldn't have to use these clown tactics

CaliKush site profile image  

11/12/13 10:05 AM by CaliKush

Gsp needs to get Hendricks on his back early and be effective on top which will lead to Hendricks hesitating on his feet. Hendricks needs to press forward and stuff takedowns and make gsp pay for failed td's. Hendricks must not head hunt

Kostakio site profile image  

11/12/13 9:39 AM by Kostakio


I LOVE GSP site profile image  

11/11/13 10:54 PM by I LOVE GSP

wait this is this saturday? cool.

Another Foob site profile image  

11/11/13 10:49 PM by Another Foob

I think that's what NotImpressed is saying to you.

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong site profile image  

11/11/13 9:55 PM by Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong

no, GSP fights where he feels at risk the least.

MMA_Maniac site profile image  

11/11/13 9:53 PM by MMA_Maniac

Rick you won by decision. GSP doesn't need your advice on how to do that..

Mrfrosty site profile image  

11/11/13 9:43 PM by Mrfrosty

GSP to Story: Were not on the same page...That has absolutely nothing to do with gymnastics

chris12 site profile image  

11/11/13 9:12 PM by chris12

Makes sense, that's what Condit did and Hendricks went to wrestler mode.

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap site profile image  

11/11/13 9:12 PM by IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap

GSP can fight however GSP wants to fight.