Neither Nate nor Nick Diaz currently has a fight scheduled in the UFC. Nate recently argued that his contract was "completely f---ed up." Nick says he will only fight for $500,000 or a title shot.
UFC president Dana White had addressed both concerns, saying Nick happily signed the supposedly "f---ed up" contract, and is obligated to fight, and that with back to back losses, Nick was not in line for a title shot, or, presumably $500,000.
Nate was in Baltimore Saturday night to corner Yancy Medeiros in his losing effort vs. Jim Miller at UFC 172. At the post-fight press conference, White was asked if he had spoken to Diaz over the weekend?
"I didn't, no," said White. "I think Joe Silva did and Nate said he's ready to fight, so, he told Joe to call him."
White was also asked if he had been in contact with with Nick.
"No Nick. No Nick," said White. "Nick's got a lot of money, man. I think Nick's just going to kick back until he has to fight."
When MMAJunkie reached out to Nate's manager Mike Kogan about White's remark that he was ready to fight, and received an ambiguous reply.
“I don’t have a clue what that means, but he’s always ready to fight,” said Kogan. “But we’ll see. We’ll see what happens.”
Related MMA gear from the UG Store