Darrill Schoonover called back to active Army duty

by Mike Chiappetta | source: mma.fanhouse.com

Darrill SchoonoverDarrill Schoonover, a cast member of the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, has been called back to active military duty in the U.S. Army, and will have to report shortly after his Dec. 5 fight on the TUF finale.

Schoonover, who previously served four years in the Army, believes he may be called to serve in Afghanistan, according to an interview he conducted with Shambala Sports Radio.

"At first I was kind of pissed," he said. "I was like, 'I've already served my country for four years and been out for almost two years.' I'm getting my fighting started and getting the ball rolling on that. I was kind of mad, but the very next day, I just accepted it. I'll do what I gotta do, and then I'll come back and work on my fighting."

Schoonover added that he will have to serve a 400-day stint, and that he hopes to use the time to lose weight, which may make possible a move down to the light-heavyweight division.

read full article...

MMA gear now available at the UG Store

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Hayabusa Fade Flip Flop

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Jaco Sugafly HT Shirt

Attila site profile image

11/27/09 12:05 AM by Attila

He simply has the "don't bully me" reflex; was probably bullied as a kid. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Those tattoos however... :)Good luck, Titties. Stay safe.

WannaB site profile image

11/26/09 11:31 PM by WannaB

Darrill  Thank you for serving our country.  It is because of people like you that we enjoy the freedoms that we have.  Stay safe, train hard and youll be in our thoughts and prayers. RT

Jack Skellington site profile image

11/23/09 9:51 PM by Jack Skellington

I heard about that. It's rough but that's what he signed up for.P.S. I still hate Rampage ... *cough*

Slapsymaxi site profile image

11/23/09 9:49 PM by Slapsymaxi

I was always curious what the Rex Richards fight was like?Richards has won in a dominant fashion vs everybody other than Schnoover and Carwin.Schoonover winning that fight is kind impressive.Max

Bill Pharoni site profile image

11/23/09 9:35 PM by Bill Pharoni

He seems like a good guy. I wish him luck.

soldierdad5417 site profile image

11/23/09 9:05 PM by soldierdad5417

I did a year in Afghanistan and 2 years in Iraq dude. Now I'm getting into the local grappling scene and hopefully it'll grown from there. What you're going to do in Afghanistan is more honroable and alot less thanful than fighting in the octagon. Take your training as serious as you would before a fight before you deploy. I was in Shkin and Orgun-e, Aghanistan, and I can tell you the whole country is a sh&*hole!!! Darrill will be an awesome fighter when he comes home after this if he decides to pursue the same path in life.

stevekt site profile image

11/23/09 2:10 PM by stevekt

I wish him well. He seems like a good guy.

slo ko site profile image

11/23/09 2:02 PM by slo ko

thanks. well chosen 8th post

Mmanizzle site profile image

11/23/09 1:29 PM by Mmanizzle

Best wishes... Working out in the middle east will tighten up them titties... Be safe my fellow veteran...

JoshSanchez site profile image

11/23/09 1:13 PM by JoshSanchez

He has one of the brightest futures out of anyone on the show. Best wishes to Schoonover, I hope he stays safe.